The aluminium industry is one of the most traditional industries in India. A number of domestic and industrial products are manufactured from from this metal. Most of the aluminium related businesses are highly cost-intensive. Additionally, businesses demand strategic planning.
The popularity of aluminium as a construction and manufacturing material has created an active market for aluminium businesses. Well-rounded aluminium companies provide extrusion, fabrication, and finishing solutions, often with a single-source business model that delivers a value-added component to commercial customers.
Although aluminium holds promise for growth and expansion, startup entrepreneurs need to be realistic about the startup requirements of the aluminium trade. Industry expertise, substantial capital equipment outlays and strong business leadership skills will be needed if your aluminium startup is going to survive past its critical years.
Characteristics of a Good Aluminium Business Plan
Every business plan is unique. However, the most effective business plans do address specific sound business plan elements:
- Mission Statement – Your description of your aluminium business' reason for existing.
- Goals & Objectives – A list of mile markers on your aluminium business' road to success.
- Financial, Marketing & Action Plans – Specific plans that describe your business environment, demographic targets, and quantitative estimates.
B2B Selling Tips for New Aluminium Businesses
Aluminium fabricators live in a B2B environment. Unlike other small businesses that sell directly to consumers, aluminum businesses sell to other businesses.
- Sales department: The first step in succeeding as a B2B seller is to create a first-rate sales team within your organization. Since you can't afford to wait for customers to find your business, you'll need to hire professional salespeople who are skilled in taking the initiative and pursuing targeted sales leads throughout the aluminium industry.
- Lead lists: The best aluminium sales teams leverage current and precise lead lists for prospecting and directing marketing initiatives. Stale and unfocussed lead lists generate inefficiencies, causing your sales team to waste time on unproductive clients. By investing in accurate and sort-able lead lists from a reputable lead list provider, you can dramatically improve team efficiency and ROI.
- Conversion rates: Conversion rates should be constantly monitored to ensure that your sales team is making the most of every selling opportunity.
Aluminium Business Ideas
1) Aluminium Bottles Manufacturing
Aluminium bottles are essential items in the liquid and beverage industry. These bottles are durable and not fragile. Additionally, these are recyclable. A broad range of beverage bottle profiles, styles, and configurations are available for commercial production, including traditional, oval, and sports shapes.
2) Aluminium Casting
There are a lot of automobile and industrial items that demand to cast. The list includes diesel pistons, automotive timing gear, gearboxes, crankcases, clutch housing, pump bodies, bracket etc. Other essential items are storage tanks, flywheel housing, and propellers, artificial limbs, ornamental hardware, ashtrays, etc.
3) Aluminium Foil Container Manufacturing
This is another very profitable business in the packaging industry. As the food processing and packaging industry are growing at a rapid pace, the demand for the foil and containers are also growing. You can start this business on a medium and large-scale basis.
4) Aluminium Can Manufacturing
This is another very lucrative project for entrepreneurs. The use of these types of cans is increasing rapidly. Thus, creating a huge demand in the market. Generally, the major consumers are soft drinks and juice manufacturers. You can start this business on a small, medium, and large-scale basis.
5) Consider Franchising
You should know that your odds of achieving your top business goals increases if you become a franchisee and leverage their successful brand and track record. Before starting an aluminium business, you ought to check out whether franchise opportunities in your space might simplify your entering the business.
6) Aluminium Door Window Manufacturing & Fabrication
The door window manufacturing fabrication with different types of frames, fittings are a profitable manufacturing opportunity in India. Aluminium fabricated items like doors, windows, staircases, handrails, and supports, railings for verandas, corridors, etc. have become the standard accepted feature in most modern buildings.
7) Aluminium Phosphide Manufacturing
This is a highly toxic inorganic compound. And also an essential item for industrial and agrochemical use. It is one of the most popular insecticide. It comes in a tablet or pellet form. This product also saves the cereals and grains from the insect attack at storage. The product has good demand in the market. And you can initiate the business with moderate capital investment.
8) Aluminium Pilfer Proof Caps
The pilfer-proof caps are essential items in the liquid packaging industry. Pharmaceuticals, Chemicals, Food industries, and Distilleries as glass bottle closures are the major consuming sectors. Pilfer proof caps provide protections to a container against substitution, adulteration, or pilfering.
9) Aluminium Powder
This is an industrial item and the product has huge demand in the industry. It comes as a fine granular powder. However, this item is not exempted by the Pollution Control Board. Therefore, you must obtain a clearance certificate from the Pollution Control Board as per their requirements.
10) Aluminium Utensils Manufacturing
In our country, there is wide use of domestic utensils. Additionally, these utensils are comparatively cheap, durable, and recyclable. Therefore, there is a potential demand for this product. And you can start this business on a small and medium scale basis. However, it demands strategic planning and proper distribution to get success from the business.
11) Aluminium Sulphate Manufacturing
Another name of this product is alum. Also, this is an industrial item with huge market potential. The major area of use for Alum is in water treatment and clarification. Additionally, other major areas of use are in the sizing of paper. You can start this business with a small startup capital investment.
Must have tools for startups - Recommended by StartupTalky
Subscribe to Startup Talky
Get the latest posts delivered to you right in your inbox