Be it Instagram Reels, YouTube, or even the now banned TikTok, online video sharing platforms have taken the world by storm, and helped pave way for skilled individuals. Those skilled in arts such as traditional or classic dances, singing, and others have found a way to showcase their talents via these video sharing platforms. Moreover, presentations, lessons and official work also demands video creation and editing.
With a number of implications of video editing in several domains arises the demand for video editing software. Not that there aren't good video editing software out there, it is sometimes hard to choose the one which suits your work. A content creator needs a different software than someone who needs to build business models or a blogger. So here we discuss 5 best video editing software, which professionals from different domains can use to meet their expectations.
CyberLink PowerDirector is a robust and powerful video editing tool, which comes with a suite of features to help with an intuitive workflow. Be it motion tracking, or dynamic keyframe control, PowerDirector gives you all the creative tools you need to create the perfect video with attention to detail. Moreover, you get to embed some quality effects with an expansive audio library, holiday themed templates along with an excellent customer support, which is more than what you can ask of a video editor.
Features offered by PowerDirector
- Create image composites with mask designer and control anchor points with enabled dynamic motion to apply the effects precisely.
- PowerDirector offers you customizable motion graphic titles along with sketch animation overlays, the best tools to create understandable tutorial videos.
- With the help of color refining and matching, customized 2D objects, and dynamic title disclosures, create an impression that stands out among other plain and animated videos.
- The Chroma key engine helps you perform industry level green screen editing, while the frame wise motion tracking allows for the best detailed editing.
- Other effects include slow/fast motions, reverse/replay/repeat, white balance, fish eye, and all the basic editing features at their best.
Pricing for CyberLink PowerDirector
CyberLink PowerDirector offers 2 plans, the monthly and the annual plan. The monthly plan costs $19.99 for a month while the Annual plan costs $51.99, after a discount of 25% on the original price of $69.99.
Adobe Premiere Pro
When it comes to video/photo editing software, we cannot help but expect an Adobe Product in the list. Adobe Premiere Pro offers you all the smart tools that you need to bring out your creativity through editing. Most video formats are supported ranging from 8K to virtual reality. Also, you can integrate several third party software including other Adobe products, which it works seamlessly with. Even if you're an amateur, the Premiere Rush helps you with all the editing and sharing the exported file across other devices.
Features Offered by Adobe Premiere Pro
- The industry standard film editor helps you learn process and edit videos from the ground up, encompassing color gradient, sounds, special effects and everything else.
- Doesn't matter if the video was shot on an iPhone, GoPro, DSLR, or any other device, Adobe Premiere Pro allows you to edit in any file format with a drag and drop interface.
- For intuitive edits, trim your video with precision, add animation along with special effects for transitions and motion effect control in the Essential Graphics panel.
- It also allows you to edit and sync audio with your video through the Essential Sound panel, and access the Adobe Stock library to find the required footage.
- Implement industry standard visual effects to your videos and learn film editing skills from the basics, to create impacting effective short films.
Pricing for Adobe Premiere Pro
Premiere Pro from Adobe costs Rs 1675.60 per month, with a month free usage of Adobe Stock, on the annual plan paid monthly. The annual plan with one time payment costs Rs 19,158.48, while the monthly plan costs Rs 2514.48 per month.
Pinnacle Studio is a powerful and creative video editing software, that helps you enhance videos with advanced keyframes, effects and pro caliber tools, and intuitive and customizable workflows. With the help of Pinnacle Studio, you can stabilize video, split dynamic screen, control keyframes, and adjust motions to create the perfect video with professionalism. Customizable workspace helps you streamline workflow, and offer you an intuitive editing experience.
Features Offered by Pinnacle Studio
- Pinnacle Studio offers you all the basic tools including trim, split, crop, rotate among other features, along with some advanced editing options.
- It allows you to add titles, graphs, and overlays along with templates, filters, transitions and color grading beyond the average editor.
- Keyframing with advanced precision tools with tone curve, color wheel and selective vectorscope helps adjust tone, color, and shadow.
- Mask Creator helps you isolate and apply effects, while you can also clone characters and objects to enhance storytelling.
- You can also layer and combine clips, create illusions and remove distractions and enhance your footage by removing random background people.
Pricing for Pinnacle Studio
Unlike other entries in the list, Pinnacle Studio isn't available in the form of monthly or annual subscriptions. Instead, it offers a one time buy at the cost of $99.95, with a discount on its original cost of $129.95.
Corel VideoStudio Pro
VideoStudio Pro is a video editing software offered by Corel, known for its efficient and easy to use interface, and award winning creative features. It helps you combine and manipulate pictures and audio and embed them into videos and choose from over 1500 filters and effects to embed them. Moreover, features like split screen, pan and zoom, lens correction, chroma key, and smart proxy editing allow you to completely transform your videos and enhance them for professional use.
Features Offered by Corel VideoStudio Pro
- VideoStudio Pro offers a plethora of innovative tools including HD and 360° video editing across different video formats.
- It offers you all the basic editing tools including crop, trim, rotate, aspect ratio, and fish eye distortion along with more advanced editing options.
- It allows you to get creative with templates and overlays along with split screen videos and panning and zooming for attention to detail.
- With the help of stop motion animation and color grading and correction as well as lens correction, make your video more watchable and add a professional touch.
- Moreover, you get chroma key and green screen editing for creative background ideas along with smart proxy editing and batch processing.
Pricing for Corel VideoStudio Pro
Corel VideoStudio isn't available in the form of monthly or annual subscriptions, rather can be bought at a price of Rs 5388, which offers you the complete version. The upgrade version can be bought at a price of Rs 4040.
DaVinci Resolve is a video editing tool for professionals, that offers editing, color correction, visual effects, motion graphics and a lot more. Resolve is a tool recognized and used by editors industry wide, for powerful image processing, audio engine, and immersive 3D audio workflows. Moreover, DaVinci Resolve offers user one of the world's most powerful and advanced NLE with complete media and timeline management tools.
Features Offered by DaVinci Resolve
- DaVinci Resolve offers you an easy and intuitive interface with a drag and drop video import, and also allows you to mark clips for easy use.
- Overlay clips directly into the timeline with options such as insert, overwrite, replace, and rearrange them with swap or shuffle.
- The smart trimming tools helps you ripple, roll, slip, and slide while trimming between playbacks.
- The transition and effects library offers you a plethora of quality plug-ins with the option of dragging and dropping the necessary effect.
- Apply 2D/3D titles, animate clips and create a sound track, and produce and deliver content of industry standard with effortless and efficient editing.
Pricing for DaVinci Resolve
The DaVinci Resolve is free to download, and is a cross platform software offering all the basic tools. However, the DaVinci Resolve Studio 17 costs $565 and includes everything on the free version along with some advanced tools such as neural engine, stereoscope, and other 3D tools.