Removing background from a picture might sound like something seldom practiced, or rare, but not to social media designers, or professionals who use tools like Illustrator or Photoshop. Most of their work revolves around creating and using vector images, for a social media post, or a blog poster, or even a printed poster. To put it plainly, removing background from pictures is more like part of their job description.
Having said that, it can be a tough job to find the right Background Removal Tools, since different tools use different algorithms for the task; and depending on the picture, some might give better results than others. However, here we discuss 6 of the most used Background Removal Tools, that most designers use for state-of-the-art results, to help you find the most suited for your needs.
Top Image Background Remover Tools
Here are listed some of the best image background remover tools to remove image background from images.
Let's be honest here, all of us saw this coming. Adobe Photoshop is one of the favorite tools of Designers, and that isn't going to change anytime soon. With the range of features that it offers, Photoshop has rightfully earned its place at the top. It allows users to not just remove background, rather transform pictures with brush strokes, graphic designs, alternate backgrounds, and much more.
Features offered by Photoshop
- Make your pictures more lively and professional by adding drama and painterly effects along with a healing brush and other tools.
- Choose the text font that you wish to overlay, create photo collages for posters and work with lightroom to get the best experience.
- Remove a picture's background, blur it, or even change it, Photoshop allows you to essentially play with effects, and explore a variety of filters.
- With avant-garde object removal tools, remove any unwanted entities in your pictures and have a flawless product.
- Also, work across Adobe Creative Cloud, and use content-aware filters, to get the best results.
Pricing for Adobe Photoshop
Adobe Photoshop Single app can be bought for desktop use at a cost of Rs 1675.60 per month, while Adobe with all the applications and tools costs Rs 4230.30 per month for desktop and Creative Cloud usage.
Gimp is a free and open-source image editor that offers some of the top-notch editing tools such as background removal, graphic designing, and photo enhancement along with various others. Regardless of whether you're a photographer, graphic designer, or even a scientist, Gimp is an editor that gets along with any profession with the range of features it has to offer.
Features Offered by Gimp
- GIMP is an expert photo manipulator that helps you stylize your pictures with retouching and restoring and filter testing your images.
- GIMP allows for scripted image manipulation with languages such as C, C++, and Pearl along with color management and reproduction.
- Turn an image into a unique and eye-catching product with Original Artwork Creation and Graphic Design Elements.
- GIMP can be integrated with many programming languages including Python and Pearl, and customized through the use of APIs and Plugins.
- You can also engage in file formatting with Hardware support, and use Scribus, Inkscape, and Swatchbooker.
Not only does Crello allow users to remove background from images, but it also provides expanded access to editing features for your work with visuals. This graphic design tool is free to use, and it helps beginners and advanced users create original content in minutes.
With Crello, you can remove backgrounds from images, add and remove objects, change colors, apply filters, make image backgrounds transparent, and more. The tool is replete with thousands of pre-designed, fully customizable templates for 50+ visual content formats.
Features Offered by Crello
- Free access to 50,000+ static and animated templates
- A massive, continually updating library of premium images and royalty-free stock files
- Advanced features like image background removal and designing in a team (You can create a multi-user account)
- You are free to download complete designs in preferable formats or share them instantly via Crello's artboard
- A collection of videos and animations to use in designs
CorelDraw is another powerful and robust graphics illustration and image editing tool that helps you develop crisp and vibrant pictures. From carving to clip masking to tone adjustments CorelDraw has a plethora of features to offer and works as an all-around image editor rather than just a Background Removal Tool. Moreover, it offers a Graphics suite for Windows, Mac, along with a technical suite.
Features Offered by CorelDraw
- CorelDraw offers you various integrations for professional applications, and lets you collaborate with your clients and colleagues.
- Enjoy a productive workflow with a precise range of illustrations and designing tools for a comprehensive professional experience.
- CorelDraw enables you to get feedback on your designs and templates by inviting your clients to review and annotate your work.
- Adjust line weights for different shapes and manipulate halo width for seamless scaling.
- Enhance specifics and minute details of your pictures with a plethora of new image optimizations including legless callouts, automatic hotspots, and much more.
PhotoScissors can be used both, as an online tool to remove image background, as well as a downloadable desktop tool for the same. It is quite a simplistic tool, which doesn't ask anything of you except to upload the image that you wish to remove the background of. Moreover, sometimes when regular algorithms fail to differentiate between the background and the object of the image, PhotoScissors easily make them identifiable by transparent marker tool.
Features Offered by PhotoScissors
- Seamlessly segregate the foreground with the background and remove complex backgrounds, without the use of any technical skills.
- PhotoScissors allows you to swap backgrounds, segregate images with as much finish as perfection to a fine hair, and create collages.
- It also offers you a Transparent Marker Tool, which makes it easy for images with a difficult to recognize background, such as those with transparent objects, to remove their backgrounds.
- You can also cut out objects from images and create isolated images with transparent backgrounds.
- It is one of the simplest tools and can be used by anyone to prepare pictures of products in all popular formats such as png and jpg.
Clipping Magic is a background removal tool just like the rest of the tools which made the list, and a good one at that. Clipping Magic is a fast and seamless tool that does everything by itself except selecting your desired image, and with the help of auto edge feathering mode, it perfectly removes any background of an image, however transparent. Moreover, Clipping Magic is more than just a background removal tool and lets you add shadows, reflections, colors and offers much more functionality.
Features Offered by Clipping Magic
- Easy to use drag and drop interface with an option to paste the image instead.
- The auto edge feathering mode helps blur edges which gives a better finishing to the image after background removal.
- The Auto Clip AI, trained with millions of images can handle background and foreground segregation better than most.
- Edit your image instead of just removing the background with the Smart Editor, which lets you have complete creative control.
- You can also configure default settings to give your images the required color grading and other effects to get professional shots.
Pricing for Clipping Magic
Clipping Magic bases its pricing on the number of credits it offers per month in three different plans. The Light Plan offers users 15 credits per month and costs $3.99 per month, the Standard Plan charges $7.99 per month for 100 credits while the Pro Plan offers 500 credits per month at a cost of $19.99.
This was our list of the 6 Best Background Removal Tools that most designers use for state-of-the-art results. Hope it helps you find the most suited image background remover tool for your needs.
What are the best background remover tools?
Some of the best tools to remove background from images are:
- Clipping Magic
What are the best image editing tools?
Best Apps for Image Editing are:
- Adobe Lightroom
- Adobe Photoshop
- Fotor Photo Editor
- ON1 Photo Raw
- Enlight Photofox
- PicsArt Photo Studio
Must have tools for startups - Recommended by StartupTalky
Subscribe to StartupTalky
Get the latest insights delivered to you right in your inbox