Tinder is a dating app available on both iOS and Android. Tinder allows users to view potential visitors within a pre-defined radius and who are above 18 years old. Daters can swipe right to "like" a profile and left to reject it. Two people who "like" each other's profiles are considered a match, and they can then start sending messages via the app. The application provides a facility to report people who may be aggressive in any manner. Tinder users must be over 18 years of age and have a Facebook account. The app now allows Instagram and Spotify integrations; you can use the audio and pictures from your profile on these social media platforms within Tinder.
Research has shown that there are 50 million active users on this dating app who check their accounts 11 times per day while spending an average of 90 minutes daily. The app is now available in 196 countries around the world and is estimated to match hundreds every second.
How Does Tinder Work?
- When signing up on tinder , you provide personal information like your name and age. this is the bare minimum.
- You then need to setup a profile pic.
- You have to write a little about yourself or leave it blank. Remember, this is the section where people get creative.
- After choosing what interests you in your age and distance range, you're ready to swipe.
- Clicking on someone's picture will bring up their entire profile, and Tinder has added new features like 'Super Likes'. The number of freebies (such as swipes) is limited per day.
- If someone likes you, you'll get a notification, even if you've never seen their profile. You can then choose whether to reply or not.
- You get a match if the you like the other person and they are interested to connect with you.
- Both of you will be informed and then it is up to one of you to make the first move.
User Safety And Security On Tinder
- Tinder issued a series of security guidelines, citing user safety as a priority.
- The dating app advises never to give personal information such as social security numbers, credit card numbers, bank information, or work or home addresses.
- Likewise, users are advised never to respond to any request to send money, especially through foreign or wire transfers.
- Maintaining conversations on the platform is encouraged as 'bad actors' will try to move the conversation to text, personal email, or phone conversations.
- You can block and report suspicious accounts.
- Before meeting anyone in person, it is advised to let users know online when using Tinder.
- While meeting, always meet the person in a populated, public place . However, it's okay to have some meetings in a private or remote place, and sometimes in your home or apartment.
- It is important to let friends and family members know when and where you are going.
- Organize your transport.
- Stay calm during the date as consumption of alcohol and / or other drugs can spoil your decision and possibly put you at risk.
- It is important to keep a clear mind and avoid anything that may put you at risk. Keep an eye on beverages that can be mixed with synthetic substances.
- If you feel you are in an unsafe area, turn off the "Show on Tinder" function found at the bottom of the settings page.
Tinder Business Model
Tinder has to make a profit to keep it running, so how does it generate revenue? From Tinder's statistics, we know that Tinder attracts a lot of users. What is the Tinder business model?
Tinder follows a premium-based model to earn revenue. There are 2 versions of the Tinder business model:
Tinder Free Version
The free version provides almost every feature of the dating app, and most users use the free model. The free version comes with in-app ads, thus relying on advertising. If you want to get rid of annoying advertisements, you have to buy the premium version of Tinder. If you want to use Tinder without paying, bear with those ads!
Tinder Premium Version
The premium version of Tinder has 2 plans. The first is Tinder Plus, and the other is Tinder Gold.
By purchasing either of the two plans, you get rid of the in-app advertisements. No more annoying advertising, yay! In the paid version of Tinder, you can choose between the Plus and Gold subscription.
You can make monthly, half yearly, or annual payments. Tinder Plus costs $ 9.99 for users under 30 and $ 19.99 for users above 30 years. Yes, Tinder will charge you more if you are 30 or above!
Tinder Sponsored Profile
Various events and corporate entities are now partnering with Tinder to show their sponsored content as profiles. It starts at $9 and may vary depending on the location and user requirements.
Tinder Boost Profile
Promoting your profile increases tends to increase views by 10 times as well as 3 times more matches. The price range is $ 1.99 to $ 3.99 per promotion.
Essential Features Of Tinder
- Profile registration.
- Profile verification/background check.
- Advanced Search.
- About Bio or My Section.
- Choosing the desired gender.
- Like-dislike for profiles.
- Chat initiation after matching.
- Matching block.
- Report users.
- Delete the account.
Swot Analysis Of Tinder
Strengths Of Tinder
- Tinder is counted amongst the leading mobile app providers for dating services and communication opportunities for users. The company has developed applications that have become extremely popular among customers, courtesy of the high demand for dating services today.
- Tinder strives to diversify its products and services. And this strategy has enhanced the company's brand value. Diversification helps Tinder to reach a wider customer base and penetrate new areas in the market.
- Tinder can track information about social network users to gather information and create the right mails for its users. The information collected by the company is important as it helps to maximize customer satisfaction and enrich the company's database.
- Tinder is inexpensive and easy to use. This user-friendliness is a USP for Tinder.
Weaknesses Of Tinder
- The vulnerability of information pertaining to Tinder's customers is one of its major weaknesses. Even though Tinder attempts to maintain the anonymity of users, the problem of the potential revelation of information still exists.
- The problem of users' prediction and aggressive behavior is another weak link. Some users tend to go over-board (lewd comments, etc.) and this can harm Tinder's status and reputation. The consequence is potential lawsuits filed by customers who feel offended while using Tinder.
- Users on different social networking sites like Facebook tend protect their information from access by third-parties such as Tinder. This hampers the dating app's ability to create the right "match" between its users.
Opportunities For Tinder
- Tinder can maintain its stronghold in the dating segment by bringing in new features to its app.
- The company should increase its position and standing in other services and markets. And it's leaving no stone unturned for diversification.
- Tinder has the opportunity to facilitate communication and interaction between people and help them improve their personal lives. This achievement will improve Tinder's public image and increase its brand equity.
Threat For Tinder
- The main threat to Tinder is the increasing competition in the online dating and match-making segment. The audience is now exploring new apps that challenge Tinder's market standing.
- The rapid advancement in technology increases the emergence of new rivals and alternatives that can potentially remove Tinder from the picture.
- Finally, the company is continually exposed to legislative changes that may interfere with its operation. Such amendments can make tracking users' information difficult and derail Tinder's strategy, structure, and functioning.