For shopping lovers the day after Thanksgiving is known to be a bliss. It is the day of Black Friday.
Black Friday is known as the Friday after Thanksgiving. The term was coined by the police services to describe the chaos surrounding the pedestrians and auto traffic on downtown shopping area. Black Friday is known to be a busy shopping day.
Another reason why the day is known as Black Friday is because it is known as the unofficial start of the shopping season for the holidays.
The stores and apps of all brands comes with blockbuster sales with early bird specials to attract the customers to shop.
How can one find the best deals for the Black Friday?
- It is the time to scroll through the brands pages as well as the ads. The brands not only showcase the sales but also distribute coupons and offers at the same time. To get the best deals, turn on the notification and the alerts of the apps and brand's pages. Also, check out the newspaper, magazines and the apps also to check out the stores where you can walk in and can get the best deals on Black Friday.
- To get more deals in the budget that you have decided for the day, compare the prices of the products on different websites. To make the procedure more easy, compare the products on Internet based shopping sites.
- Now, for the people who are exceptions to shop offline, then should decide where to shop, based on their biggest sales and comparing prices, to find out where to shop. It is good to prioritise and to check the web pages of the brands.
- Take the coupon cards and ad pamphlet for the purpose of getting that extra discount or that offers, which is printed on that ad, to make sure that you are able to take benefit of the offers.
- Be a careful shopper and shop according to the budget you have planned. Be a smart shopper to take full advantage of the Black Friday.
Facts about Cyber Monday
- CYBER Monday is a marketing term for the Monday which comes after the Thanksgiving holidays, especially the US.
- The purpose of creating it is was to encourage retailers to shop and soon became one of the "the biggest online shopping days of the year". It was coined by Ellen Davis and was first used within the e-commerce community during the 2005 holiday season.
Tips to find out the best Cyber Monday deals
- Make a list and check it twice. To get the best deals on Cyber Monday, it is important to make a list and check it, so that you don't forget anything.
- Keep the plan, shop and budget for everyone on the list. Add and organise gifts, ideas and external product link for each person who is on the list. This makes the whole shopping purpose easy.
- Check out the price of the products which are on the list as the brands and websites revealed the discounts beforehand only. These sales are "leaked" as early as mid-November, and there can be surprise price at Cyber Monday.
- Set up the price alerts, so that when there is a price drop or there is a sale you can get notifications.
- Sign up to the newsletter of the brands that you want to shop or visit the store. As, the newsletter contains all the new information about the products and sales, it gets more efficient before the Cyber Monday, as they provide all the details and the information of the offers and sales, which the brand is offering during the CyberMonday shopping spree. The newsletter can also provide extra coupons and offered, which can be used for the shopping spree.
- Another way to get the best deals, the customer can follow all the brands and store's social media pages and accounts, as the pages and accounts provides all the important details about the sales, offers, giveaways etc which the brand is providing during the CyberMonday shopping spree.
- To shop more and more, without worrying about the checkouts and payments, it is better to figure out the payment options beforehand.
- The last one wants is not being able to checkout due to the checkout problem or credit debit card or any other form of payment issues.
- There can be size or colour issues or any other aspects of the product, after receiving the package. So, make sure you are aware of the return policies of the app or brand, so that you can return the items easily and it won't hamper the pleasure of the CyberMonday shopping spree.
- Install extensions and plug-ins like Honey to check the best deal of any particular product online.
These are best shopping days for holidays. Both the retailers and the customers gears up for these two days, so that they can shop their heart out for the holidays.
We hope you will have a good shopping experience this season.
Must have tools for startups - Recommended by StartupTalky
Subscribe to StartupTalky
Get the latest insights delivered to you right in your inbox