Visit any website, and you find pop-ups. While some says 'subscribe to our newsletter', some others are there to inform you about offers and discounts. You might find them annoying, however they are very useful to get a response from the visitors. They are call-to-action which reminds people what they have to do. It is totally worth having one on your website, and HelloBar is a tool that can help you in this regard. Here is all about HelloBar and how it can help you in making your website grow.
What is HelloBar?
HelloBar is a popular lead generation tool, that allows you to show attractive notification to visitors who visit your site. Whether you have a HTML site, WordPress site or you are using some other CMS, HelloBar can be used with all. Moreover, using HelloBar not only increases your conversion rate but also impacts UX. User experience is much more important in terms of websites. If a user is unsatisfied with your website’s content, they are most likely go back which will negatively impact your website's performance. HelloBar provides message pop up service which will make users read and interact with your website.
HelloBar attract people’s attention, and interact with them. Furthermore, the best thing about the HelloBar is that they don’t bother users. However, you can customize them according to your need but most of them don’t irritate users like other pop up ads.
Uses of HelloBar
Some of the main uses of HelloBar are:
- Do surveys: You can conduct easy and quick surveys and find out what your visitors want.
- Get Subscribers: HelloBar is useful to get subscribers. People can and will easily subscribe to your website by seeing the HelloBar on the website.
- FOMO Strategy: You can use people’s fear of missing out (FOMO) by providing a discount for a limited time and advertise it in HelloBar.
- Promote Posts: You can promote your other posts in the helloBar.
- Ebook: You can provide a link to download your free or paid ebook.
- Social Media: You can use it to promote your social media pages or profiles.
Although these are some of the main uses of HelloBar, they are not limited here, you can use your creativity to explore the possibilities.
How to Set Up HelloBar on your Website?
Here are the steps you need to follow to create a HelloBar for your website
- Go to HelloBar website and enter your website’s URL.
- After receiving your URL, they will ask you to sign up to their website.
- After signing up, they will ask you to chose your goal, i.e. “Target a URL” ; “Collect Email”; "Make Sales"; "Announcement"; "Get Phone Calls"
- Now, you will have to create the bar. Just insert the message and chose the color.
- Then you can just customize the bar according to your need.
- After customizing, just choose the platform (CMS) you have your website associated with. Though, you can also choose for assistance, if needed.
- Your universal code will be generated and all you have to do is to copy and paste this code in the header of your website. You can add them separately in pages if you don’t want it in every page of your website.
- Now, you can just publish your website. However, if you need then you can always edit the setting on their website.
Who Created HelloBar?
The most famous name in the blogging industry. Yes, you guessed it right, it is Neil Patel. Neil Patel acquired the rights to the HelloBar. However, the tool was created by another company, Digital Telepathy. Crazy Eggs, a company of Neil Patel, acquired the HelloBar as they wanted products that were similar to its own . They wanted something which helps website builders to improve the user experience. And HelloBar is focused on the same.
HelloBar has both a free and a paid version. But 10 bars are the limitations in the free version. Some other limitations include
- No bar targeting
- No custom message
- HelloBar branding
In the paid version, packages include, 'Elite' which costs $99/month & 'Growth' package which costs $29/month. Some interesting features of paid packages include -
- No Hello Bar logo
- Unlimited bars
- Custom messages
- Targeted bars according to the device, location, etc
HelloBar is definitely not the only one in the market who is providing you with this service. There are many other companies for it. And you might even find them suit you better than HelloBar. So, some of the top alternatives of HelloBar are:
- Wordpress Notification Bar
- Fluid Notification Bar
- Attention Grabber
- Notify Bar
If you are a newbie in blogging or doing it as a side project, then we would suggest you to go with free version only. However, if you are very serious about it and already earning some money from your website, then you can consider going for a paid version
HelloBar is a great service to increase your conversion rate. It makes your work easy and efficient. So even if its the free version, including a bar on your website, will definitely help you grow your website. Are you already using HelloBar? Which do you think is the best alternative of HelloBar? Let us know in the comments box.