Google is among the top American multinational companies that specialises in Internet-related services and products such as a search engine, online advertising technologies, cloud computing etc. Over the years Google has become an irreplaceable part of millions of people, students, companies, businesses across the globe. The fact that Google has gained such wide popularity is evident from the fact that the word 'Google' had been officially listed by the Oxford English Dictionary as a verb in the English language.
Google is so much more than a search engine. It provides various services as it is an email client, Gmail, a social video sharing site, YouTube, a mobile operating system, Android, an official suite, Google Drive, hardware and software sponsorships and much more. Founded in 1988, Google is recognised as one of the world's largest technology companies along with Apple, Amazon and Facebook.
Facts and Statistics about Google
· The name Google is derived from the mathematical term "googol."
· Google processes over 63,000 search queries every second.
· Google recycles 100% of its electronic equipment.
· Google acquires an average of one company every week.
· 12% of Google searches are made by voice.
· Google has changed its logo over 7 times since its arrival in 1998.
· Google owns more than 200 domain names.
· 27% of Google visitors are from the United States.
· Google Drive has reached 1 billion users.
· Google Maps Statistics show that the app has been downloaded more than 5 billion times.
Google earns over $110 Billion a year on advertising
The company sell advertising space on search results pages to companies to provide its customers. Google also collects information about our search history and then delivers Personalised advertisement experience for websites.
Company's market value is estimated at $858 Billion
Google's Parent Company, Alphabet is the fourth largest company in the world
Google is the subsidiary of conglomerate Alphabet which profits about $30 billion a year. Alphabet is one of the largest companies in the world in terms of market value, revenue and profit as it has the combination of both Google and YouTube. Alphabet was formed to serve as a holding company for other endeavors. Alphabet now owns over 200 companies.
Google is the most visited website across the world. Five billion searches are made everyday through Google search engine. 7.2 percent of the traffic comes from people who Google the term 'Google'.
Google dominates the search engine market. In fact, as of July 2019, Google holds 92.18 percent of the market share. Other few search engines are Bing, Yahoo, Baidu and DuckDuckGo. Since the introduction of Google search in 1997, all the other search engines have faced quite a hard time trying to reach the same level as Google.
An average person performs more than 4-5 Google searches per day as the Google has become the go-to place for information on the internet. The most common searches being weather update and location. Though, 15 percent of all searches are unique. 63% of Google's US searches are referred through mobile phones.
Google was processing over 10,000 search queries per day in 1998. In comparison, by the end of 2006, the same amount of searches would be processed by Google in a single second. So, in less than a decade, Google became a quite reliable source of getting access to information and searches around the world.
Google images account to more than 20% of all searches.
· Gmail currently owns 43% of the email service market share in 2020.
· An average Gmail account is worth around $3,588.85.
· 75% of all Gmail users access their email on mobile devices.
· 306.4 billion emails are sent and received daily in 2020.
· There are more than 1.5 billion active Gmail users.
· Gmail G Suite has 2 billion monthly active users worldwide.
· Google shut down the “Inbox by Gmail” app on April 2, 2019.
· Gmail users found that 68.4% of all incoming messages are classified as Promotions.
· Gmail AI blocks more than 100 million spam emails every day.
Google Chrome Stats
· Google Chrome reached 5 billion downloads in 2019.
· Chrome has 64.92% of the global browser market across all platforms.
· Chrome has 68.91% of the desktop browser market share.
· Google Chrome dominates Europe with a 61.36% share of the local browser market.
· Chrome protects about 200 million from malicious websites.
· From 2008 to 2019, Google Chrome went from 0% to almost 70% market share, while Internet Explorer went from over 60% to below 3%.
· Google received 63,000 searches per second, amounting to more than 2 trillion searches throughout the year in 2016.
Google has a great history with the internet as it changed its name from 'Backrub' to Google, it has become one of the most valued and recognisable companies in the world. Thus, with such impressive statistics, Google continues to be the dominant player in search, maps, email, browsing, mobile operating systems and much more.
What is Google?
Google is among the top American multinational companies that specialise in Internet-related services and products such as a search engine, online advertising technologies, cloud computing etc.
What was Google's first product?
The first version of Google was released in August 1996 on the Stanford website. It used nearly half of Stanford's entire network bandwidth.
Who is the founder of google?
Larry Page and Sergey Brin are the founders of Google.
What are some fun facts about Google?
Some facts about google:-
- An average Gmail account is worth around $3,588.85
- 75% of all Gmail users access their email on mobile devices
- 306.4 billion emails are sent and received daily in 2020
- There are more than 1.5 billion active Gmail users
Must have tools for startups - Recommended by StartupTalky
Subscribe to StartupTalky
Get the latest insights delivered to you right in your inbox