Microsoft Azure formerly known as “Windows Azure” is a cloud computing service that provides provisional computer resources that including other Microsoft’s own products and technologies. It provides a range of cloud services, including compute, analytics, software, storage, databases and networking. It also offers open source technologies such as Linux technologies which can be deployed inside a virtual machine. Users can pick and choose from these services to develop and can even scale new applications or run existing applications in the public cloud. Microsoft also offers Microsoft Azure training.
Services such as Azure is replacing the practice of storing all the data in server that you purchase which can be expensive. Cloud services are essentially the new and advanced method of storing and accessing data and provide software subscriptions mainly for the example like Microsoft office 365 suite.
|Company Name||Microsoft Azure|
|Founded On||Febraury 1st, 2010|
|Operating system||Linux, Microsoft Windows|
|Licence||Open source for client SDKs|
The Uses of Microsoft Azure:
- The Azure platforms aims to help businesses manage the challenges that they face and meet their organizational goals.
- You can create you own Linux virtual machine in minutes from the wide selection of marketplace templates while Azure will host your apps and services
- It offers tools that help support all industries including e commerce, analytics and finance is compatible with other open source technology.
- Azure also offers managed SQL relational database from one to unlimited number as a service.
- You can use Azure as a resource to build your application and to launch it in a virtual machine, Azure provides an affordable alternative to the heavy budget that is required for resource provisions.
- With azure it is easier to create and globally deploy applications that compatible on popular web and portable platform. Which come along with safe and highly accessible data storage.
- It is adaptability to any environment so startups can compete with fortune 500 companies and then later transition to other bigger setups.
- Another add on service available under Azure is that Visual Studio team services offer a complete application life cycle management (ALM) solution in the Microsoft cloud.
The Microsoft Azure is sectioned off into 4 different services:
Microsoft charges for azure on a pay as you go basis, which means that the subscribers receive a bill each month that only changes them for the specific resources they have used. Azure offers 4 different forms of cloud computing which are infrastructure as a service (laaS), platform as a service (PaaS), software as a service (SaaS) and server less.
1. Infrastructure as a Service (LaaS) - This is the base of the service that Microsoft Azure provide their clients a server in the cloud. They control the virtual machine and give full autonomy of the management to the client, from the operating system to the application that they’ll be deploying.
2. Platform as a Server (PaaS) - The clients are also given an operating system, a database, a web server, a code executor and other services along with the server in the cloud. It deals with the operating system and other minor details so you can focus on your work.
3. Software as a Server (SaaS) - This service is for building an application that is hosted on third party vendors. Most applications are built on a cloud in order to avoid costs and ease of availability.
Microsoft Azure Training
Microsoft itself offers preparing in Microsoft Azure through their Microsoft Virtual Academy. They offer levels of training as the beginning structure from beginner to middle of the road and afterward advance course. Anybody from understudies to individuals who work intimately with Microsoft Azure can increase some intensive understanding, as Microsoft even offers free courses to its clients.
The beginner can try Microsoft Azure for IT Pros Content Series: Introduction to Microsoft Azure, and a progression of six courses. Microsoft has a whole preparing page on its site explicitly for Microsoft Azure, which are all free. Individuals taking the course will be given confirmations for their Microsoft Azure preparing. Microsoft Learning is another device that shows you Microsoft Azure through the Microsoft Virtual Academy and paid preparing. After the courses and exercises, you'll be offered certificate tests.
How does Microsoft Azure work?
1. Just as other cloud platform, Azure also relies on technology known as virtualization. Most computer hardware can be emulated in software because most computer hardware need a simple set of instruction which is permanently or temporarily encoded in silicon.
2. By using an emulation layer that maps software instructions to hardware instruction, virtualization can be executed in software as if it were the actual hardware itself.
3. The cloud is a set of physical servers in one or more data centers that execute the virtualized hardware for the customers. With this the questions that raise are how does the cloud create, start, stop and delete millions of instances of virtualized hardware for millions of customer at once?
4. To understand how this works, we should look at the architecture of the hardware which is in the data center. Inside each data center there is a collection of servers that are arranged on server racks. And every server rack will contain server blades as well a network which provides network creativity and a power distribution units (PDU) providing power. Racks are further grouped into larger units called Clusters.
5. Each rack or cluster are designated to run these virtualized hardware instances for the customer. Some of these servers run cloud management software called fabric controller, which allocates and monitors the health of the server and heal server when it fails.
6. Each instance of the fabric controller is connected to another set of servers that run cloud orchestration software known as front end. The internal Azure database is used for all the functions the cloud performs.
So fundamentally, Azure is a huge collection of servers and networking hardware running a complex set of distributed applications to orchestrate the configuration and operation of the virtualized hardware and software on those servers. It is this orchestration that makes Azure so powerful, because users are no longer responsible for maintaining and upgrading hardware because Azure does all this behind the scenes.
The pricing/cost of Microsoft Azure
Like other open cloud suppliers, Azure basically utilizes a pay as you use model that charges depending on the amount of utilization. However, if a single application utilizes various other Azure services, each service may include different price points. What's more, if a client makes a long term commitment to a certain service, Microsoft offers a discounted price.
Given the numerous components of cloud service pricing, the organization must review and manage cloud utilization to limit costs. For example, Azure native tools, can help screen, visualize and enhance cloud spending. It is also possible to use tools like Cloudability or RightScale, to oversee Azure usage and related expenses.