The COVID-19 has created such a big problem in the world that the people are not able to come outside from their houses. Either due to the govt. restrictions of lockdown or due to their own fear of corona virus, there is some or the other problem in the lives of the people. This pandemic has created such a worst situation that people are not even able to go on their work, even for earning a basic amount of livelihood. In such situation, the work from home has become the only and the ultimate choice for the people as well as for the companies and corporates which are not able to create a good business in this period of global lockdown. At this moment, it is visible in the market that many sectors are benefiting by work from home. Let us now analyse the complete report on work from home- effects on different sectors.
The Pros of Work From Home
- Work from home means either no office or no big multi-storey office space. In other words, there will be no need of such a costly space having many other costly items and showpieces, which will be creating a good impression on your employees as well as on your clients. The company of different sectors are benifiting by work from home in a way that, they won’t have to pay for office space. If this is taken care by the companies then, they can save a big amount of renting cost. This saving can be used on the company itself or can be gives as an appraisal or a bonus to the employees. Not only this, the company will be having less burden on itself.
- The company working in online sectors are benifiting by work from home don’t have to pay for the small expenses of the employees. This includes pay for office supplies and for office snacks. Such a amount of money can be reinvested in the company itself for its own betterment of the company.
- For the employees, the work from home means the ability to work like a freelances which indicates; work with anyone in the world. Freelancing concept will become popular in this case and this will help in connecting top companies with the very best software developers from all around the world, as the employees will now work on their skills not on the packages of the companies.
- The employees will be less likely to quit in the work from home situation as they will be going to pick only those projects, which suits their skill set. Not only this, the companies will be getting a contract employees which will be having a better skill set and can easily work on their requirements.
- There will be no office politics, if there will be no offices. This will ultimately help the company to get the better output of the employees, if there is no grudges of the employees for the company or for the other employees. In this condition, the employee will be happy and will be having a free mind from all the bad thoughts for the companies or for their colleagues.
Sectors which are able to work in work from home
The online teaching and training sector is highly benefited by the work from home initiative and is now on its peeks. Every school, college, training institute is going for the online education and is talking about shifting this education system online in-order to be on the safer side, if such situation comes in the future. Not only this many platforms which helps in learning a new skill is now working with their full potential to attract the customers to learn online. The major examples for this online learning are Byju’s, Unacademy, Udemy, EDX and many more. One of the Indian start-up named UpGrad, is providing you the chance to complete your post-graduation without going to college, just by studying online. No matter where you are, you can take admission in any of the integrated college and complete your online post-graduation degree.
The IT industry was on its boom before this pandemic and is showing no effects on it due to this global problems. The companies in IT sector are highly benefit from work from home and are not having any problem working in their offices or while working from their houses. This is the only industry will is not feeling any type of problems and this industry can change the whole working ecosystem of the companies and their employees as now, many big, fortune companies are thinking of shifting their ecosystem to this work from home ecosystem. This industry consist of many types of businesses which are not having any type of effect, they are e-commerce, where people are now trying to order online rather going outside for any type of purchase. Second is the video conferencing platform which have helped in work from home to all the employee of different companies.
Freelancing is an evergreen sector which was not taken into consideration by most of the big companies but now, the companies are thinking about this sector as a highly beneficial at the time of work from home as this can help a company in many ways. There will be no problem if a company hires a freelancer as now a company can hire according to the skills required for a single project. They can hire on a limited period contract basis. No other types of expenses will be there in this case. In all it will be a win-win situation for both the sides i.e. for the employees as well as for a company.