The world has to come to a point where we can do anything with just a touch or a click. From shopping to dating, everything can be done online. There is hardly anyone who is not taking the benefits of the digital world. It is making our life easier and more convenient. Thanks to this, our money transactions can also be done online.
Digital transactions have taken the world by storm and almost everyone with a smartphone or a computer wishes to switch to digital payments. Not only digital payments are quick, seamless and efficient, but they have also become the need of the hour owing to the pandemic. In this article, we will talk about Stripe, which is a payment processing platform and the best alternatives it has. So. let's get started.
What Is Stripe?
Stripe is an integrated suite of payment products for e-commerce, applications and online marketplaces for accepting and sending out payments, from and to users. Stripe offers payments through the majority of financial technologies encompassing cards, checkout flows, and other digital transaction services that are constantly updated. Moreover, with over 99% uptime interface, scalability and best-in-class ML models, Stripe helps you avoid frauds and scammers and enhance revenue.
Although Stripe is one of the best payment processors, there are other applications which offer similar functionalities with different plans and pricing. Since different websites and applications have different requirements, a single plan might not necessarily cater to the needs of all such applications. Moreover, Stripe still isn't available to use in some countries and costs more than many other payment processors. Hence, here we compare different payment processors, to help you decide which suits you best.
Alternatives to Stripe Payments Processor:
Paypal is a payments processor, and an excellent alternative to Stripe, owing to its fast working and seamless transactions. It offers payments for both individual retailers and businessmen, and larger businesses and enterprises, which include shopping on eCommerce websites, payment returns, B2B payments, and freelancer fees. PayPal offers all such amenities with buyer protection, for safekeeping of your finances, with an easy-to-set up PayPal account and login.
Paypal for Business
About 54% of the customers tend to buy a product when PayPal is available at the checkout, which sure doesn't seem much, but makes a difference nevertheless. For business needs, PayPal allows you to both receive payments from customers all over the world and make payments in over 100 different currencies and 200 marketplaces. It also furnishes 24/7 fraud protection along with seamless integrations through APIs and SDKs. Moreover, Paypal lets you get paid even if you do not have a professional website or an application with email payment requests, invoices, and personalized payment links.
Features offered by PayPal
- Payment through PayPal is extremely fast.
- Almost every country accepted PayPal
- The conversion of your local currency through PayPal is quite easy.
- The conversion fee in PayPal is lower compared to other payment gateways.
Square payments gateway is all about accepting payments, irrespective of the online or offline market. It helps you accept payments, fast and secure with amenities such as card swipe through Square Reader, ApplePay or Google pay with NFC technology, online payouts, invoices and other digital means. Without any extra costs or long-term contracts, Square makes payouts as fast and seamless as possible, with affordable pricing. It furnishes you with the same costs for every card, with consistent and clear bills to pay monthly.
Amenities for E-commerce
Square offers solutions for selling online as an E-commerce website, as well as on social media such as Instagram. The solutions offered by Square are quite affordable and cost you only after you have actually started selling. Moreover, it offers more than just payment services, for running your established or thriving business, such as SEO to increase your search engine rankings and reach more customers. Square provides flexible tools, tailored to your specific business needs and scalability, and hence, can be suited to any number of enterprises or e-commerce sites.
Features Offered by Square
- Square is one of the quickest payment processors which offers to complete transactions within a business day.
- Square Point of Sale has an easy-to-set-up interface, offering real-time analytics and an intuitive inventory.
- It furnishes the users with a free Square Business Debit Card, to store and spend funds, while also keeping an eye on their cash flow.
- Square doesn't require you to create a merchant account, pay a statement fee, charge-back fee or deal with payment disputes, with the bank.
- Be it the security of your data, or suspicious activity around your account, Square offers all-around protection and shields you against monetary fraud.
Adyen is a payments processor which helps you accept payments, expand your domain, enhance conversions and hence revenue, and also offers expert suggestions from experienced professionals. Adyen allows payment through in-app purchases, through websites, and in-store purchases without any location barriers.
Products offered by Adyen
Adyen offers products such as Online Payments, Point of Sale, Platforms, and Unified Commerce with global coverage and an effort to increase authorization rates. Embedded dashboards with organized statistics can be quite helpful when analyzing customer data to get insights on performance and reporting. Adyen's Point of Sale offers a certified PCI-compliant terminal with simple API integrations and robust platform stability. Platforms allow you to accept payments with your preferred interface on a website, mobile application or through the point of sale along with faster checkouts and any preferred currency.
Features Offered by Adyen
- The most wholesome feature of Adyen is that it offers global acquiring through a single platform without any integrations, saving you the trouble of managing different payment methods.
- With cards ranging from Credit cards to Master cards to Alipay wallets, Adyen offers users a plethora of payment methods, to add to their checkout.
- Adyen uses a data-driven risk management approach, and with the help of a cross-country data network, identifies frauds behind false declines and monetary cheats.
- With the help of ML-driven models, Adyen helps you increase revenue with better authorization rates, customer experience, and low payment costs.
- Adyen also allows users to understand customer behaviour, geography, payment flow, approvals and declines through insights into customer data.
With over 60 million users, Venmo helps clients pay and accept payments fast and safely. With Venmo, you don't just pay; you get to connect with friends and interact with emojis and stickers. You also get to manage your privacy settings, with no account set-up or money transfer costs. Venmo also allows you to seamlessly transfer money between your Venmo and bank accounts respectively.
Venmo for Business
Venmo allows you to accept payments with in-app purchases, online purchases, or in person, in a way very similar to the transactions between your friends, giving you, and your customer, a personalized experience. The checkout is seamless and familiar. Moreover, using Venmo Business allows you to get noticed by the 60 million other Venmo users, where your friends and customers can share their personalized experiences on their feed, in turn, boosting your reach. With just a single login credential, you can switch between business and personal profiles, and manage the business profile efficiently. Venmo also offers touch-free checkout with the use of unique QR codes for your business.
Features Offered by Venmo
- Venmo offers a business suite, in-app and online payments as well as Venmo debit cards.
- Venmo charges less when compared to the other payment processors and hence, enhances sales of your business.
- You get to discover places your contacts visit more often, and what they buy; while also being discovered for your side hustles, to grow your own business.
- Venmo Debit card is another such utility it offers, that helps you pay your favourite stores and also get cashback, while all the activities involving the card can be monitored through the Venmo application.
Authorize helps you make and accept payments with a variety of different options such as debit/credit, card e-checks to digital payments, among others. With a developer centre equipped with APIs, SDKs, and the best integration solutions such as a simple integrated 'Buy Now' button, Authorize offers solutions for eCommerce, Point of Sale, and card payments, all under one suite.
E-commerce Solutions Offered by Authorize
It can often be tricky to find the payment processing solution that fits all your business needs; lucky for you, Authorize helps you with all of that and more. Payment gateways authorize and process customer transactions until the purchase is made and the money transferred. This involves the authorization of the funds, then initializing payment and finally transfer of money from the customer's card to your merchant account. Authorize helps you with not only the above but also comes with PCI-DSS compliance, fraud protection and prevention, solutions for multiple payment types and automated payments.
Features Offered by Authorize
- Authorize offers 13 fraud filters, which help identify and prevent you from being duped of your money. These filters include Velocity filter, IP filter, and transaction filter among several others.
- Authorize furnishes you with a Customer Information Manager with information such as billing, shipping, and payment, in compliance with PCI DSS standards.
- Automated Recurring Bills is another feature offered by Authorize which assists users with recurring, monthly instalments, or subscription-based plans.
- For avoiding lost sales and payment interruptions, Authorize constantly keeps your card information updated. This also helps deliver customers, an amazing experience.
- Get paid faster with Invoices. Invoices can be sent via customized email with your logo, and get paid from any mobile device.
The above-mentioned are some of the best alternatives to Stripe, which offers equally proficient functionality and features. The cost per transaction for most payment processors differs by less than 1-2%, and most of them have similar transaction charges. All in all, the e-commerce industry is on the rise, and you might need an online payment processor to keep up with industry standards.
What is Stripe?
Stripe is an integrated suite of payment products for e-commerce, applications and online marketplaces for accepting and sending out payments, from and to users.
What are some best alternatives of Stripe?
Some of the best alternatives of Stripe are:
Why Stripe is popular?
Stripe is popular because of its fast and secure payment processing.