The Adani group is an Indian multinational conglomerate with a revenue of about $12 billion for the financial year 2015 to 2016. The company headquartered in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. Adani is a leading global integrated infrastructure player that includes diverse businesses like coal trading, coal mining, ports, power generation, multi model logistics, renewables, gas distribution and transmission. The Adani have always been known for its growth and vision towards building the nation.
It is the largest port developer and operator in India with Mundra being the country largest commercial port. Having multiple ports, branches, manufacturing units and corporate offices at various locations, Adani Group is one of the largest business units. In all this business group has 15,000 plus employees and 50,000 plus workers with more than 900 third party contractors involved in incorporating various work orders across 25 plus business units.
In April 2014, it added the fourth unit of 660 megawatts at its Tiroda Thermal Power Station, making Adani Power India largest power producer. In 2015, Adani was ranked India most trusted infrastructure brand by the brand Trust Report 2015. The group operates mines in India, Australia, Indonesia and supplies coal to Bangladesh, China and other countries Southeast Asia. In January 2018, Adani ports and SEZ Limited added equipment and machinery to become the largest dredger fleet in India.
Listed Companies under the Adani’s Group
Adani Enterprise Limited
Adani Enterprises Limited is run by Gautam Adani, the enterprises handles the mining, trading, gas distribution, solar and agribusiness divisions of the Group. This company also own the subsidiary called as Adani Gas which is a wholly owned subsidiary that executes the gas distribution business. It’s a real estate activities are managed by Adani Infrastructure and developers Private Limited. The current incubation portfolio includes Mining Services, Integrated Coal Management, Road, Rail, Airports, Data centers and Defense.
Adani Ports and SEZ Limited
Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Limited (APSEZ) is the largest private port company and special economic zone in India. The Company is headed by Karan Adani, CEO of APSEZ. The operations of the company are Logistics and Port management and operates ports Dahej, Mundra, Hazira, Dhamra, Kattupalli and Vizhinjam.
Along with that the Adani Group manages terminals at the ports of Mormugao, Ennore, Vishakhapatnam and Kandla. The logistics was initially promoted by the Mundra Port Infrastructure Development Company Limited, as an enterprise of the Government of Gujarat and Adani Port Limited.
Adani Power Limited
The company is run by Gautam Adani, Rajesh S. Adani. The company develops and maintains power projects in India. The firm has a combined installed capacity of develops and maintains power projects across India. The company runs the following subsidiaries of 10440 MN with four thermal power project across India.
The following subsidiaries are Adani Power Maharashtra limited, Adani power limited. In 2014 Adani power Ltd thermal power plant at Mundra in Gujarat is the world’s first coal fired plant to receive carbon credit from the United Nations framework convention on climate change.
Adani Transmission limited
Integrated in 2013, Adani transmission limited handles the commissioning, operations and maintenance of electric power transmission system. The holding company holds, operation and maintains 8511cirgult kilometers of transmission lines that range from 400 to 765 kilovolts.
The company has the following subsidiaries; Maharashtra eastern grid power transmission company limited, Maru transmission services service company limited, Hadoti power transmission limited service limited, Raipur Rajnandgaon Warora transmission limited, Sipat transmission limited, Chhattisgarh WR transmission limited.
Adani Green Energy limited
Largest listed pure play renewable power producer in India with portfolio of solar and wind assets of 2545 MW operational capacity. It is the largest listed renewable company in India and aims to scale up its infrastructure to produce 18GW by 2025 and 25gw by 2030.
Adani Gas Limited
India largest city gas distribution company mainly serving both Industrial and Residential customers in Gujarat.
The challenges that Adani Group faces
The Adani Group has multiple business units and ports at various different locations. Managing employee’s attendance and timing from a central place is critical for them. Due to diversified business they are having different time attendance policies at different locations. It is very challenging to capture time attendance rules of an organization. This is because of the diversity in timing, attendance and leave policies with respect to various locations, departments and person.
Along with automated time, attendance solution they want to control access at their premises for safety and security concern. For certain exceptional situations they need immediate notifications via SMS. As remote sites are there, they want different connectivity options for devices. The integration of SAP is required which is one of the challenge. By introducing automatic system the company wants to make manual intervention to reduce errors and frauds.
- Managing numerous workers attendance.
- Eliminate fraudulent and inaccurate payment of wages at contractors end.
- Monitoring each work order status determining its progress and segregating them.
- Verifying the number of workers allotted to each task under a contractor against the respective contractors report.
- Capturing accurate and diverse time attendance data of all workers.
- Generating customized reports in order to make swift decisions and timely and error free payroll processing.
- Allotting workers to each work order on the basis of its requirements and skill of the workers.
- Ensuring approved and a proper induction of each worker at a defined level.
Solutions to solve those issues
- Tracking work orders progress.
- Contractors self-service portal for managing workers.
- Contract Workers Management solution for 50,000 plus workers under 900 plus contractors.
- Worker Enrolment with photograph, credentials and documents.
- Centralized data management solution for branches across multiple locations.
- Real time notification in cases of exceptional situation.
- Connectivity using Wi-Fi and mobile Broadband.
Results of implementing these solutions
- Increase in productivity of admin by 20%.
- Smooth and effective monitoring of work orders.
- Minimize manual interventions.
- Enhanced security with effective worker enrolment process.
- Smooth and easy security with centralized control and monitoring reduced time spent by the security Department.
- Easy decision making due to customized reports and charts generated.
- Quick and effective wages calculation.