Job seekers have long been drawn to remote jobs because they provide flexibility in the form of greater personal and professional control over their private lives and careers. With the start of Covid-19, when people got confined to their homes, they want for Remote work increased. With the situation due to the virus, companies started offering Remote work refers to work that is being done by individuals who are not in the same physical place but still work effectively and productively on the same projects.
Remote work is about location, ‘flexible hours’ focuses on determining your schedule. Getting remote work is not tough there are many jobs available in the market. One of the advantages of remote work is that you’re able to handle most of what life throws at you—including the moments that might have previously put your job at risk.
One of the biggest benefits of remote work is reducing costs. It Improved work-life balance. Also increased productivity and cross-team collaboration. The considerable benefit of working from home is having access to a broader range of job opportunities that aren’t limited by geographic location. In this article, we will talk about some websites from where you can get remote work and the pros and cons of remote working. So, let's get started.
FlexJobs was created in 2007 to provide a trusted, more effective, friendly, and overall better way to find professional remote and flexible jobs. FlexJobs has more than 50 job categories featuring telecommuting and remote work opportunities at every career stage. These include freelance projects, part-time jobs, and full-time remote work. The FlexJobs Team is dedicated to helping people find remote and flexible jobs.
Benefits of FlexJobs
- It has over 29979 jobs from 5697 companies to choose from.
- Remote and flexible jobs in 50 career categories can be found.
- All the companies and the jobs are hand screened by the FlexJobs team to avoid any kind of scam.
- It offers great customer support 24*7.
Upwork is a great place to find more clients, and to run and grow your own business. Upwork is a global platform where businesses and independent professionals connect remotely. Freedom to work on ideal projects. On Upwork, you run your own business and choose your clients and projects. Just complete your profile and they will highlight ideal jobs. Also, search for projects, and respond to client invitations. They provide a wide variety and high pay. Clients are now posting jobs in hundreds of high-paying skill categories, paying top prices for great work. The greater the success you have on projects, the more likely you are to get hired by clients that use Upwork.
Benefits of Upwork
- Upwork takes pride to be backed by payment protection for job seekers.
- Upwork offers higher-paying jobs to job seekers.
- You get hired quickly with the help of Upwork as most of the time employers want to start with the job quickly.
Indeed.com is a job board that aggregates postings from many sources, allowing users to search for specific positions. You can also upload your resume to let employers looking for remote employees to find you. The main aim of Indeed is to help get people jobs and over 10000 employees are working to achieve that aim. Indeed strives to cultivate an inclusive workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves in a safe and supportive environment.
Benefits of Indeed
- Indeed allows the job seekers to build their CV online with help of their Resume Builder
- All the job alerts for jobs are provided to the job seekers through their email.
- Indeed is very easy to use as it provides a Google-like search engine, through which one can look for jobs.
Jobspresso is a website that provides you with an opportunity to find remote work. Jobspresso is an established remote work job board trusted by some of the world’s top startups and remote companies, such as WordPress, Zapier, and Trello. It is a site offering some job opportunities in design, development, marketing, support, writing, and project management, these are some sectors that get benefits by making their employees work from home.
Benefits of Jobspresso
- All the jobs that are uploaded on the website are legitimate as the companies and jobs are screened by the team of Jobspresso to be sure of their authenticity.
- Jobspresso is completely free for those who are seeking remote jobs.
- A wide range of employers is looking for job seekers on this website.
Fiverr is a company built on the model of listing temporary work positions. Freelancers work in a variety of workplaces, ranging from home to office. Fiverr serves as an e-commerce platform for freelancers & companies to sell their services by using their gigs. The gig is an advertisement for services.
Benefits of Fiverr
- Lots of job possibilities for job seekers.
- High earning is possible with Fiverr.
- Fiverr provides great payment security.
Pros of Having Remote Jobs
Remote Jobs are now the new trend, they provide some benefits that make people want to get remote work. Some of those benefits are:
- You don't have to wait in traffic for hours to get to your workplace.
- Work according to your own schedule.
- You can work from anywhere even while travelling as long as you have your laptop and internet.
- You can enjoy your own personal time as well as family times as you get to work from home.
- You can work without any distractions that you might face while working onsite.
Cons of Having Remote Jobs
Remote work has some disadvantages as well, some of which are:
- One can feel lonely and isolated while remote working, as you are away from the typical hustling and bustling of the office environment and culture.
- One can get distracted at home due to cries of babies, ringing of doorbells or any other household work.
- Communication gaps between colleagues.
- The Internet connection can be a problem while working.
If you have decided to work remotely, getting remote jobs won't be an issue. With the sword Covid still hanging on our heads, companies are still offering remote jobs. Working from home has become a new trend and this trend is not going to end anytime. People look for flexibility and working remotely offer them that, so it's quite normal that job seekers nowadays look for an option where they can work remotely.
What is meant by working remotely?
Working remotely is all about working from a preferred location of an employee instead of a proper office.
Is remote means work from home?
Remote work means working from anywhere apart from office.
What are some top websites to look for remote works?
Some of the top websites to look for remote works are: