India has a very large population. It is one of the inhabited places in the world and second to China. Still, internet penetration is low, at 41% of the total population. That is 500 million people out of the 1.37 billion people in the country.
Besides the fact, the low internet penetration and e-commerce in India are massive. It is worth US$ 48.5 billion in 2018 and is expected to reach US$200 billion by 2026.
The adaptation of the internet and smartphone is growing rapidly. Due to this, almost everything is trending towards mobile commerce. This is becoming a preference for a vast number of Indians who have a smartphone.
Benefits of using eCommerce platform in India
1. You Get Exemplary Customer Service
You want an eCommerce platform where everything will reflect well on your brand. If your users will feel that they are not getting enough service. There is a possibility that they won’t come back again. If you do not feel that the platform is getting supported.you should ensure that you can set it up. Why need to inflict on your customers?
2. The Platform Is Easy To Administration
No one wants to spend more time than necessary in making changes on your platform. How can you avoid wasting hours with the software? You need to find a platform that is easy to administrate in the first place.
3. It’s Simple For You And Your Customers To Use
A well developed and designed platform will be easy to use. And the customer will experience pleasant. You should pick a product that scores high in ease of use. Then you will get to see yourself regretting it.
4. There’s a lot less downtime
If you use a platform that is functioning at a higher level. Then you will see a major boost in your site’s performance. The customers would not be deterred because of an error message. This prevents from completing the purchase process. You will not be spending your valuable time trying to check your platform. Instead of that, you can focus on the projects preferred to be worked on. For example, improving the customer’s experience on the website.
5. Your Platform will be more secure.
Everyone does business on the internet today. They know that security is one of the primary importance. Data breaching can sink faster than you can ever imagine. So, you need to choose a platform that keeps your client’s information secured. This ensures that they will continue to shop without any blockage.
Ecommerce Platforms In India
Shopify is a dedicated eCommerce website builder. This website helps in building your online store. It is effortless. There’s no need for any technical skills. Also no need for a bottomless budget. This ensures to make your dream a reality on your own.
This makes Shopify a quick and affordable tool to create an online store.
Who can use Shopify?
Anyone can use Shopify irrespective of experience. Whether you are a first time seller or a multi-million dollar business. You just need to generate an idea, something to sell, and an internet connection. And you will get an online store in no time.
There are Over 1,200 apps that have specialized features. For example inventory tracking, range of plans, and shipping tools. This is a powerful tool to choose from. Shopify can be used for any store and scalable.
Features Of Shopify
- Merchant can now use tipping at the time of checkout. This customizes texts to ask for donations to your business.
- The new express theme helps to design non-traditional businesses.
- Shop app lets you view your favorite Shopify stores. Get product recommendations and track orders.
- Curbside pickup and local delivery offer flexible and contact-free shipping.
- Great in features and customer satisfaction.
- Excellent inventory system.
- You get sell across multiple channels including Facebook, Instagram, Amazon, and eBay.
- Enforces its transaction fee unless you use Shopify Payments.
- Content does not reformat automatically after switching themes.
- Apps quickly add up after adding extra features to the store.
Pricing For Shopify
BigCommerce has about 100,000 stores and its sales of more than $17 billion. This makes this company the biggest eCommerce platform worldwide. This company provides you single features for your online store. It helps you in building beautiful online stores using different themes.
Therefore, it allows for a wide range of built-in marketing tools for promoting purpose. This company does not believe in a free trial. But it offers a 15 day trial of the online store for free.
- You can use a third-party gateway. There are no transaction fees.
- It is very comprehensive in comparison to other products.
- You will get a good set of reporting tools.
- It has a new drag and drops page builder functionality.
- You can create short URLs, AMP format on all templates.
- An unlimited number of staff accounts on any plan.
- This is easy to create custom fields.
- Offers your customers to upload files during purchase.
- Availability of cheaper than usual PayPal card transaction fees.
- It has built-in a cookie. This helps in meeting GDPR requirements.
- You need to pay more to avail of abandoned cart functionality.
- There are limits placed on annual online sales. After exceeding that you will need to upgrade to a more expensive plan.
- The themes are similar to each other. It is not easy to layout content in the manner you want to.
- Typefaces in free themes are quite limited.
- The built-in blog does not facilitate RSS feeds.
Pricing For BigCommerce
|BigCommerce Enterprise||Price varies per requirements|
|15-day free trial is available|
Wix is a cloud-based service. That offers you to design and build your website or online store. There is no need to know how to code. You don’t need to buy web hosting or install any software.
You only need to build and manage the site in a web browser using the Wix website. Wix was founded in Israel in 2006. This is one of the larger website building company with 3,000 employees.
Wix is in large size which gives long term security. And you can look forward to regular feature updates.
- This is easy to use the tool.
- This also provides a large range of templates i.e, 500+.
- A built-in email marketing tool is also provided.
- This includes a range of professionally shot photographs.
- Phone support is there.
- The SEO features are great.
- It has an ADI version for website design novices.
- A free version is available.
- After building your site. You can not apply another template.
- You can’t create a GDPR cookie without a third-party tool.
- Exporting digital products is not possible.
- You will not be able to export blog content.
- You can’t do multi-currency selling.
- AMP functionality is not always available. Only for blog posts.
Pricing For Wix
|Plans||monthly cost||yearly cost|
WooCommerce is one of the popular eCommerce platforms. This is a plugin for WordPress. That turns your website into a powerful online store. Unlike Shopify, BigCommerce, and other competitive sites, this is an open-source solution.
You can use WordPress and WooCommerce free for personal and commercial. This doesn’t need a domain, email, theme, hosting, etc.
- This is great for people who prefer WordPress.
- This is open-source and highly customized.
- More number of integrations.
- There is a community of developers and experts.
- Its updates don’t always work with WordPress.
- This is a self-hosted. You only have to handle updates and maintenance.
- It requires good knowledge and proficiency in WordPress.
- This is free but can be high when you factor in hosting, maintenance, development, etc.
This is a SaaS platform allowing the end to end eCommerce solutions. Using Zepo you can create your online store. Users will get a free payment gateway for receiving online payments. You can schedule and send shipments. Additionally, users can process orders on multiple marketplaces from one dashboard.
- This is easy to use. Also, it has a good user interface.
- Ease in the software.
- There is no update for 2 years.
- They take an exorbitant fee for every single customization. This is not given in the sales process.
- The customer service is the worst.
Pricing For Zepo
|no free version|
|free trial offered|
This is a complete and robust eCommerce platform. 3dcart was designed for online store owners for a competitive market. Merchants can effectively open and maintain their eCommerce website. This site currently powers more than 17,500 merchants.
This is an inc. 5000 company and a pioneer in mobile and social media marketing. This is scalable and completely customizable.
Features for 3dcart
- It provides standard templates with the toolset. This customizes the templates to showcase the brand.
- This offers the ability to display reviews and enable users to write a review of the product.
- You can update product pricing, product information, and other content.
- It allows functionality users to select shipping options based on price and delivery.
- 3dcart also supports payment methods such as credit card, Paypal, etc. this contains fraud management functionality.
Pricing For 3dcart
A 15-day free trial is available.
Something like Wix allows industries that lead to store templates. Another one BigCommerce having unmatched sales automation features. Similarly for woo commerce. Shopify can be the best suite for your online store.
To choose the best eCommerce platform in India is confusing. Now, you know all the pros and cons of every eCommerce platform. Choose wisely and move forward with your best category and growth strategy.