At present, the world has experienced huge growth in online payments, and with the Covid-19 presence, people preferred to use online payment methods for almost everything it is safe and secure. More and more people are opting for a cashless way to transfer money. Here, comes the work of payment gateway. A payment gateway is basically a merchant service that connects the users' bank accounts with the platform where the users need to transfer their money. A bank may provide a payment gateway to its customers, there is also a specialised financial service provider such as a payment service provider which provides it as a separate service.
Whether you are a small business or you have an established E-commerce business. good payment service is an essential factor for it. A payment gateway platform gives authority to the users to conduct an online transaction through various payment modes such as net banking, credit card, debit card, UPI, and other online payment apps. It is a third-party platform that provides the ability to the user to securely transfer their money to the merchant's payment portal. In this era of the digital world, E-commerce is leading the market. As time is changing fast online businesses are also moving. So, it is important to know about the payment gateways in India.
In this article, we will talk about the top payment gateways in India that you use for your business. So, let's take a look at them.
Razorpay is one of the best payment gateways in India for your business. It was started in 2014. Many entrepreneurs who use Razorpay for their business, have seen some increase in their conversion rate. Razorpay has helped businesses to solve the problem of digital payments. It is due to their smooth user experience. Also, the refund process is easy and automated. If your customer applies for a refund, Razorpay will automatically get the refund, if you set it to, without any extra widget or code. You can use Razorpay Subscriptions to execute the automated recurring transactions on various payment modes, through a platform that's built for automation.
- You can improve your business sales as Razorpay provides cashback and discounts to your customers
- Payment modes include credit card, debit card, net banking, payments through UPI and popular wallets.
- Razorpay allows you to accept international payments from over 100 countries.
- Manage your marketplace, automate bank transfers, collect recurring payments, share invoices and avail working capital loans.
Instamojo is one of the top-rated payment gateways in India. It allows businesses to create a business account instantly and the account can also be activated within a few minutes to collect online payments. This is a Bangalore-based company and the target of Instamojo is selling digital goods and collecting payments online. You can enrol yourself at Instamojo with a bank account and start your online selling business. You can also collect payments for physical goods and workshops or events.
- To set up the payment gateway, no extra payment is needed.
- Different types of payment methods are available.
- Special care is being taken for the security of the server.
- Businesses can create discount codes for their products.
Paytm has emerged as a leading payment gateway in India due to its online customer base with the very popular Paytm wallet. It supports domestic credit cards like Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, Amex, Discover and Diners. With Paytm online transactions can be made anytime and from anywhere. It is a payment gateway solution provider which has served some biggest eCommerce companies.
Some of the most companies which use Paytm are Jabong, OLA, Cleartrips, Redbus, GoIbibo, Zomato etc.
- The latest technologies are used for secure online transactions.
- It has the feature of saved cards, where a customer doesn't have to put their card details again and again.
- Paytm is not only available as a desktop application but also supports smartphones and tablets.
PayUbiz serves businesses from all over the globe to accept online payments with credit cards, debit cards and net banking. PayUbiz is used by many eCommerce businesses and freelancers as it ensures a safe and secure online transaction. PayUbiz software also offers multi-currency support. Some of the biggest eCommerce brands and online service providers for transport and food delivery etc. such as Myntra, Grofers, Urban Ladder, Alt Balaji, BookMyShow, Ola, Jabong, etc. are using PayUbiz to accept online payments. The payment gateway is used by many online merchants to expand their business.
- Integration of mobile apps is extremely easy.
- It allows you to accept international currencies from 13 different countries.
- It supports different payment methods for transactions.
CCAvenue is an authorized payment gateway provider by Indian Financial Institutions and is known as the most secure payment gateway to transact money for online shopping. Customers can make online transactions via Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking, Digital and Mobile Wallets, Mobile Payment and Cash Card modes. It offers smooth, fast and secure transactions to its customers. Currently, CCAvenue powers more than 85% of businesses in India.
- CCAvenue provides "Smart Analytics" by which you can see a real-time comprehensive statistical online report and a transparent history of all your transactions.
- It has a 'Mobile Checkout Page' which supports all mobile operating systems.
- CCAvenue also has CCAvenue In-built Advanced Shopping Cart', CCAvenue S.N.I.P. ( Social Network In-stream Payments), it is one of India's first genuine Social Commerce facilities.
Payflow is offered by PayPal. It is known for being a secure and open gateway for payments. Payflow accepts all major credit and debit cards. It adds over 173 million customers regularly and supports more than 100 currencies. In India, it is used by Merchants for receiving international payments.
- It accepts and offers different payment methods.
- The checkout process is customised with the help of APIs.
- It supports fraud protection services and allows you to install it for an additional fee.
Cashfree is a low-cost and popular payment gateway in India. Cashfree helps businesses in India to accept payments online from various payment channels. The best thing about Cashfree is that it has direct integration with multiple banks which makes Cashfree a fast and reliable payment gateway. It is the only payment gateway in India which provides a wide range of payment options such as Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, Rupay, and Amex, including 70+ more net banking options. Cashfree also supports UPI, NEFT, IMPS, and PayPal. TDR is the transaction discount rate which every payment gateway charges from the merchants for processing the transactions to their bank account.
- The setup cost is not needed.
- Cashfree also supports online wallets like Paytm, PhonePe, GooglePay.
- Cashfree is the fastest settlement cycle of 24 hours to 48 hours and also offers popup, iframe and has seamless checkout modes
BillDesk is an Indian online payment gateway company based in Mumbai, India. BillDesk provides bill payment and settlement services to large billers like electricity, water, insurance and other service providers. BillDesk also provides the ability to customers to decide how and when to make payments. BillDesk is an one-stop solution for customers through which customers can make all their payments at anytime and from anywhere.
- The integration is developer friendly and is quite easy and flexible..
- BillDesk offers various payment methods.
- Customers can also receive payment reminders or alerts.
Atom consists of various payment options which accept payment through all major debit cards and credit cards. Atom has completed over 15 million transactions and is used by thousands of merchants across the country. Atom is completely secured as it is backed with PCI DSS version 3.2 and 256-bit encryption which ensures a safe and secure transaction.
- Atom provides multiple payment methods.
- The integration is quite simple and easy.
- Atom provides invoices after every payment.
HDFC is one of the largest banks in India. Many organizations like VSNL, Sify, and IRCTC use HDFC. If you want to use HDFC on your website or mobile app, you will be using their EPI payment gateway services. Advantages of HDFC payment gateway are instant settlement, 100% chargeback facility, facility to accept payment in 15 international currencies, easy integration with existing applications and support for various shopping cart applications.
- All credit cards, debit cards and net banking are supported by HDFC Payment Gateway.
- It accepts 15 types of international currencies.
- It provides 24x7 customer service.
PayKun is an easy solution for online payments for all types of businesses including small businesses, and medium to large. Any kind of merchant including a freelancer, a YouTuber, a blogger, from an eCommerce website or mobile app, an offline and online seller at the shop or showroom, or an individual, every type needs to have an easy hand on the modern technology for the collection of digital payments. It provides free plugins and SDKs readily available on the internet to integrate with all the major platforms of websites and mobile applications.
- Paykun has zero setup fees and zero maintenance fees.
- It provides different types of payment methods.
- The server is safe enough to use.
PayU (formerly known as PayU Money) is one of the best multi-currency payment gateways to accept online payments. PayUMoney requires minimal development effort, easy sign-up, and a quick onboarding process. You can start accepting payments securely and seamlessly within your iOS, Android or Windows app, within minutes, with its 100% online hassle-free onboarding process.
- PayUMoney supports multi-currency transactions and international credit cards.
- PayU provides over 100+ payment methods
- The transaction history is available through PayU.
The payment gateway has become the most important part of the world of increasing eCommerce businesses. If a business provides a good payment service, it automatically creates a good impression in front of its customers. With the increase of E-commerce business in the world, the need for proper payment gateways is also increasing.
What is a Payment Gateway?
A payment gateway platform gives authority to the users to conduct an online transaction through various payment modes such as net banking, credit card, debit card, UPI, and other online payment apps.
Where Payment Gateways are used?
Payment Gateways are used mostly used by E-commerce businesses.
What are some top 5 Payment Gateways?
The top 5 payments gateways are: