Today’s world is all about showing your best social skills and communication skills for marketing yourself. The budding entrepreneurs constantly need to sell themselves and market their business ideas. To bucket up the investors for the business, one needs to attend social gatherings and socialize with people to get them involved in their venture plan. However, most of them fake the interest in the person at social meet-ups because they need potential investors. But it’s not an easy task to talk with strangers and make them understand your thought process.
However, it’s very important to impress the person with your witty remarks and steal the show with your knowledge. Many people are not comfortable with the words and not everyone can express their thoughts clearly which forfeits the chance of great investment opportunity from our hands. However, this would not be a matter of concern anymore as this article would dwell on improving communication and social skills and some effortless tricks to make a confident social appearance and make the world charm with your dynamic social skills.
Also read : How to Talk to Potential Clients As a Freelancer
What are Social Skills?
Social skills, also known as interpersonal or soft skills, are used to communicate with others. There are several types of communication skills we use daily including verbal, nonverbal, written, and visual.
Verbal skills involve the spoken language, while nonverbal communication skills includes body language, facial expressions, and eye contact. Strong social skills can help you build and maintain successful relationships both professionally and personally.
There isn’t any rocket science behind alluring the people, it’s very easy to behave in social gatherings. There are some basic rules which you need to regimen before entering any social event so draw your attention here,
Make A Killer First Impression
When we meet someone for the first time, the very first thought that pops into our mind are to make a long-lasting impression on that they stay lifelong with us. The points that will help you to make an ebonic first impression for the audience are –
- Smile often and you will exude positivity. Smiling makes you appear more friendly and gregarious and others will feel more comfortable in your presence. Don’t smile like a fool, just little to look friendly and easily approachable. Smile as you mean it.
- Make eye contact with the other person while talking and that will define your confidence to the other person. Eye contact displays confidence and is one of the quickest ways to make people gravitate towards you. This is a simple trick to show your strength and social skills that will improve your confidence to the other person. So make eye contact with the person while talking to them with your striving confidence.
- Your body language should be open in the public. The rigid body language is the definition of nervousness and lack of confidence. The body language should be relaxed and no need to be prim and proper. Positive body language includes good posture, leaning in slightly when someone is speaking (displays interest), and smiling/eye contact. This will helps in improving communication and social skills.
Good And Patient Listener
You need to develop good listening qualities in lieu to get the attention of others in a social meet-up. Take time to understand the other person's view and only after understanding it, reciprocate your answer. Some people confuse listening to the hearing. They both are different things, you need to understand, what is being communicated to show your interest by
- Giving him your full interest and showing that you’re understanding their words.
- Take time to ask questions on the topic of the discussion.
- Make valuable remarks on the topic and share your valuable opinion with the person.
Giving compliments to the person while making the introduction will give you the right start. Give genuine compliments where applicable and be honest about them. If you notice something nice about a person don’t be afraid to let them know. Phrases such as “That’s a nice shirt by the way. Where did you get it?” or “You have a very admiring personality” makes you much more amiable and breed pleasant social interactions.
So, these are a few simple tricks to make the social gatherings your show. But after research on this topic and observing the experiences of others we conclude that confidence is the key element here. This will helps in improving communication and social skills. If you have the right amount of confidence in you, then no one can stop you from becoming successful. So, try to embed confidence in your body language and you will see the changes yourself.