Want to boost your eCommerce sales via Instagram? This post is just for you!
With the vast number of options and strategies present on an otherwise easy to use an app like Instagram to establish yourself, it sure can become overwhelming. Here are a few tips by Mehar Gulati (Founder of Scarlet Relations) to help you take things easily in reaching your goal of boosting e-commerce sales on Instagram:
- Post Intriguing Images
- Hold Contests
- Instagram Videos Guide
- Give Exclusive Content with Stories
- The Guide Feature
- Attach Swipe-up Links
- Influencer Marketing
- Use Emojis
- Run Ad Campaigns
Post Intriguing Images
‘A picture speaks a thousand words’- These words are sure to make you panic-stricken. But don’t worry, you don’t have to be a professional to capture the perfect photos. All you need to do is use a phone with a good camera and keep in mind the following tips:
- Use natural light
- Avoid overexposure while taking photos (to do this, tap the brightest part of your frame on your phone before taking the photo).
- Take photos from different angles.
- Use image editing apps such as VSCO to enhance your images.
Also Read: How to start an e-commerce business in India
One of the easiest ways of increasing followers is by running contests and having users do the following:
- Like, comment, and follow - Users like your post, add a comment to it and follow you to enter your contest.
- Tag a friend - Users get one entry for every friend they tag in your post.
- User-Generated Contest (UGC) - Your audience creates their own unique posts and tags your business profile or uses a hashtag you created.
Instagram Videos Guide
Instagram videos tend to receive twice the engagement of other posts
Here’s a quick guide to Instagram videos:
- Keep your videos short
- Grab your viewers’ attention with movement in the first few seconds of your clip
- Add captions
- Plan your videos with a specific goal in mind (e.g. drive traffic to your website, have a wider reach, gain new followers, or educate your audience).
- To get you started, check out these 10 Best Video Editing Tools for Your Business
- Capture your products being used by customers
Give Exclusive Content with Stories
The world is your stage and what you choose to show your followers about your brand is completely up to you. However, don’t be afraid to show them the real you- behind the scenes working of your brand, your team, your inspiration, a post you like, anything personal-just about everything works. At the end of the day, people feel more connected with you and your brand when you show them a more human side.
The Guide Feature
Ecommerce brands can use the guide feature to make catalogs for their viewers, be it a gifting range or different product ranges - this feature can make your customer choose what they want easily and also help them understand your range better and in a systematic way!
Using hashtags is a great way to expand your Instagram audience as they make your posts appear in the pages of hashtags you use. Make use of up to 30 hashtags per post offered by Instagram by starting out with the most popular hashtags like #instagram and then building it up to your brand’s own personal hashtag. Here's a complete Guide to Hashtag Marketing Strategies.
Attach Swipe-up Links
Don’t forget to attach links in your stories or bio to your website for more social traffic.
Reaching out to influencers that-
- Have followers who will benefit from what you’re selling
- Have real influence in their area
- Do something relevant to your product
Can prove to be an advantageous strategy for your brand.
Make use of emojis because life doesn’t always have to be serious! Rather these will help you to interact and connect with your audience.
Run Ad Campaigns
Set up Ads Manager in Instagram account settings.
Next, set your goal- it could be to drive traffic to your website, get views for a new product, increase brand awareness or increase sales. Then set your daily ad budget. On the basis of your goal and on the basis of what your target audience likes to see, you can choose the best ad format suited for you. For example, Stories, IGTvs, and Reels Ads are better for driving video views while shopping ads are better for driving eCommerce sales. There are various Social Media Management Tools that can help you get started!
Hope these Instagram-related tips will help you boost your eCommerce sales. Remember Instagram has become a crucial marketing tool for various businesses, so crack the strategy & get it right to your audience!