Do you have an awesome online product which you think can “change the world”? Do you want a platform to launch it and bring it in the eyes of thousands of people? Hence, you are at the right place. This post is just for you buddy.
We will talk about an amazing and famous platform for you to launch your product. Stick with us in this post because we are going to cover every detail regarding Product Hunt that will help you to launch your brand new product successfully.
What is Product Hunt?
Founded by Ryan Hoover in 2013, Product Hunt is a website that gives a platform to developers to launch their new product. Product Hunt has a huge audience that follows it. If you have any online products like a web app or mobile app, you can just register for it and they will feature you in their list if your app worth it. The best thing about launching a product on Product Hunt is that it is all free and has quality checking. Real people check your product and decide whether to feature it or not. Therefore, many people check out the list to know about the new products launched on the internet.
Why should you launch your product on Product Hunt?
1. Mass Reach: As already told, many teach geeks to keep a track of Product Hunt lists. So, there is a very strong possibility that you will grab the attention of many tech people, who might be in the need of your product.
2. Free: There is nothing wrong in trying Product Hunt as it is all free to launch your product on Product Hunt. Even if you don’t make it to the list, you will not lose anything.
3. Feed-backs : You will get much feedback, both positive and negative. You can act on those feed-backs and improve your products. People will tell you what they need and want in your product. Therefore, you will not have to conduct any survey to check the market need for your product.
4. Investors: You might have bigger plans for your product. With the help of Product Hunt, you might find investors who believe in the growth of your product. Investors keep roaming all around the web to find an investing opportunity. They will not let an opportunity to go away if they see potential in your product.
5. Media: There are so many famous blogs that follow the list of Product Hunt. You might end up getting an article based on your product only, publish on a news blog. This will instantly increase your traffic and user base. However, this is just a possibility. Very few products with some really special features could do that.Do not get fantasized by these advantages. Don’t create expectations because when it doesn’t happen as expected, it hurt. This will result in de-motivation. The only disadvantage of Product Hunt is that it is very, very tough to make it to the feature list.
How to submit your Product on Product Hunt?
- Signup to Product Hunt
- Once you are logged into your account, click on the “+” button in the top right.
- Submit all the details including description and tagline.Please note that your account should have access to post and submit products. You will need to become a contributor in case you want to post a product.
Who are Hunters?
Hunters are the accounts or basically, the people who have the ability or better say, permission to hunt new products. They are the one who finds new products and shows to the rest of the community. Anyone can become a hunter by participating in community weeks, up voting products, create collections, etc. Your aim to get as many followers as you can to become a hunter.
Who are Makers?
Makers are the people who develop the product and submit it to Product Hunt. There are mostly developers, inventors, and writers.
What can you launch on Product Hunt?
Product Hunt is not the only platform you got to launch your product on, but it's probably the best one. Alternatively, you can go for YCombinator, AngleList, Beta Page, Netted, etc. You can also go for more than one of them. Many people create amazing things but don’t know what to do with that. If you come up with some crazy idea, then don’t stop yourself to create it because you know a great platform to launch it, now.
Furthermore, don’t be sad if your product doesn’t get featured on Product Hunt. You are not limited by some websites, you are a star yourself. You can and I know, you will find a way to get through your problems. Be a warrior. Problems are there so that you have some struggle stories to tell other people. There is no superhero without a villain. Get up buddy, and chase your dream now.I think that was enough motivation for today. Let's wrap it up all now.If you think any line of this post can help someone, then what are you waiting for? If you will share some knowledge, they will share double the knowledge with you. Think like an entrepreneur. Think about your good by helping others. Share this post now.