If you own a restaurant, café, or bakery, you need to advertise your business on popular food delivery apps (if you haven't done so yet). Zomato is one of the most popular food-delivery apps in India. So you must advertise your dining business on Zomato for the sake of marketing. Moreover, if you advertise your business, Zomato offers you a 'track performance' feature that can be used to analyze how your advertisement campaigns perform on Zomato. More than 12,000 restaurants have already been advertised on Zomato. Why should you be left out? Before you understand how to advertise on Zomato, you should know why to use the food delivery app.
Why Advertise on Zomato?
- If you advertise on Zomato, your advertisement will appear as a banner on Zomato's mobile app and website. The visibility of your restaurant is boosted in the collections where you already appear.
- Zomato offers showcased advertisements when customers in your local neighborhood search on Zomato.
- Zomato offers state-of-the-art analytical tools that you can use to analyze how your advertisements perform on its platform.
- You can record and listen to calls regarding your restaurant or café and evaluate your customers' preferences along with their queries.
How to Advertise on Zomato?
- Go to the Zomato website.
- Scroll down and find the 'For Restaurants' column.
- Click on 'Products For Businesses'.
- Under 'Advertise Your Business', click on the 'Learn More' button.
- You'll see 'Advertisement On Zomato' and click on the button saying 'Yes, I'm interested'.
- If you haven't yet added a restaurant, you will be asked to add it. If you have added your restaurant, go to step 7.
- 'Add Media To Dashboard'.
- You will now be able to customize your advertisement using filters. The first filter is the 'Placement page' where you select your advertisement's display location (such as the homepage). The second will ask you to choose the dimensions of your advertisement. The third filter is 'Banner Type' which has options such as 'Banner Website', 'Banner Collection', etc.
- Select the start date and end date for your ad campaign.
- Upload your artwork that will be displayed as the advertisement.
- Make payment for the advertisement.
And that's it. Your advertisement will appear on the website within 24 hours after the start date. After your advertisement campaign starts, you will receive a screenshot of your advertisement which will confirm the start of your ad campaign.
After the ad campaign has been completed, you will receive a report of the campaign at your email address.
How to Promote Business on Zomato?
1. Provide Special Deals and Offers to your Customers
You should provide special deals, offers, and discounts to your customers once in a while. This ensures your existing customers continue to buy their favorite meals from your restaurant while attracting new customers.
2. Meals of the Day!
Offering a special 'meal of the day' is one of the best ways to advertise your restaurant. This exercise spurs curiosity among foodies and lures them to your dining place.
3. Happy Hours
Offer special discounts and promotions only during specific hours. These special time slots are popularly known as 'happy hours'. An example of happy hours' discount is "buy one drink and get another one free between 3 PM and 6 PM."
4. Be Unique
Offer cuisines people haven't heard of before. You could come up with sweet dishes or traditional delicacies that haven't become mainstream yet.
5. Zomato Banner Ads
Ad banners improve your visibility through personalized banners on Zomato's web and mobile discovery platforms. Additional exposure is available via collections. Boost your visibility on collections where your restaurant has already been featured. In short, run advertisements on Zomato to the maximum possible extent.
Promoting your business on Zomato can be extremely beneficial. If you are a new business and do not want to invest in advertisements, Zomato also offers other options for promotion.
How do we start a business on Zomato?
Steps to register your restaurant on Zomato:
- Create a Zomato review listing. Visit Zomato's 'Add Restaurant' page.
- Submit requests for 'Zomato Partner Registration'.
- Alternate method: Call the Zomato tie-up contact number.
- Keep soft copies of the legal documents ready.
- Get the paperwork done and go live.
What is Zomato Business Model?
Through its food delivery business, Zomato charges a commission fee from restaurants on the basis of orders. While users pay a delivery fee, Zomato earns through restaurants that pay a commission fee for each delivery. The commission is then split between the delivery partner and Zomato.
How does Zomato Advertise?
Zomato, the global restaurant search, and discovery service, has introduced context-based advertisements on its mobile app. These advertisements symbolize a shift from Zomato's earlier model where ads appeared only on the website. Using location-based information (GPS), the app will show in-line ads targeted at users in a certain geographical area.
How to promote on Zomato or how to promote your restaurant business?
The best way to attract customers to Zomato is by promoting the restaurant through visual content. You need to post bright and attractive photographs of the dishes available on your menu.
How much does it cost to put an ad or how much Zomato charge from restaurants?
Zomato Advertising Cost: Zomato charges as much as INR 40 to INR 50 per click for an advertisement on its platform. The charges are far greater than what Google and several other players charge.
How to register on Zomato or how to add a restaurant to Zomato?
- Step 1 – Go to zomato.com and click on the 'Add a restaurant' button at the bottom of the page.
- Step 2 – Complete the basic form to get your application underway.
- Step 3 – Fill in the detailed form that follows.
How to increase sales on Zomato or how to increase visibility on Zomato?
- Online ordering through Zomato App: As a restaurant, you should be aligned with the Zomato app.
- Staff: Your staff should also be kind enough to take orders down when the time comes.
- Condition of food at the time of delivery.
- You can advertise on Zomato.
How to promote food delivery business?
- Create a Website for Your Delivery Business.
- Keep Improving the Quality of your service.
- Collaborate with Food Bloggers.
- Market Your Delivery Service through Social media.
- Create a Mobile App.
- Do a Restaurant and Food Establishment Outreach.
- Print and Handout Business cards or Fliers.
- Attend or Sponsor a Local Food Event.