The restaurant business is a very competitive one. Many restaurants fail during their first year itself. Therefore, good marketing of your restaurant becomes very important if you wish to stay at the top. In today’s world, digital marketing plays a very big role in the success of a business. In fact, companies like Google are helping small businesses in India to digitalize. Therefore, it is very essential for you to market your restaurant business digitally. If you have no experience in digital marketing, it can be tough at first but it will give you unexpected results. Therefore, you should give it a try.
Below are some tips that will help you in the digital marketing of your restaurant.
Tips For Digital Marketing Of Restaurants
1. Social Media Marketing
Social Media Marketing (SMM) plays an important role in digital marketing. The most popular social media platform in today’s date, Instagram has over 1 billion active users per month which are mainly of the age group of 25-34 years old. Therefore, the proper use of social media for marketing can generate a large number of customers for your restaurant.
- There are paid advertisements on social media platforms that you can use to reach more and more people. People are attracted to businesses that are active on social media platforms.
- Respond to every query or complaint by your customers through social media. Use these to inform your customers about special offers and deals. Attract people by showing them what you can offer to them using photos and videos.
2. Make Full Use Of Local SEO
Use Local Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to make your online presence stronger. Doing this will increase the chance that people see your restaurant’s name on the top when they search for something like ‘Restaurants near me’ on various search engines.
- The first step is to list your restaurant on Google under ‘Google my Business’. Make your listing informative by adding opening and closing hours, contact number, and address of your restaurant.
- Create blogs about your restaurant. This point is not necessary but it will help your restaurant to grow online. Make your blog SEO-friendly by using various SEO techniques.
3. Make Use Of Influencer Marketing
Influencers are people who are experts in a certain field and have a large follower base on social media. Contact and make deals with such people to post reviews about your restaurant on their social media platforms.
In exchange, you can either pay them or give them free coupons. Influencer marketing is an important part of digital marketing. By partnering with food bloggers, you can reach out to a targeted audience.
4. Partner With Food Delivery Businesses
In current times, when no one is willing to take the risk of going to their favorite restaurant to get their favorite meals, online food delivery platforms, such as Swiggy and Zomato will play a huge role for your restaurants. You should make your restaurant available on such platforms so that your customers can order their favorite dishes online. This will also help to increase your customer base.
5. Email And SMS Marketing
This still remains a very important marketing strategy under digital marketing. Use Emails and SMS’s to increase your growth. There are many tools available online for the creation and sending of good quality commercial emails to your customers. Also, in comparison to social media marketing, email marketing can be more personalized and more economic. Almost all people check their emails regularly and find these types of personalized emails attractive.
- You can send emails and text messages to your loyal customers informing them about offers and discounts
- You can send them personalized offers (Just For You!). Such types of personalized offers will attract your customers
- Send them messages/emails regarding changes in menu and items that are ‘Today’s Special’
6. Use Online Advertising Tools
Almost everyone uses the internet these days. Therefore, it is a good idea to advertise your business on popular websites. You can use online advertising tools such as Google Ads (previously known as Google Adwords) to advertise your restaurant online. Google Ads says, “Get in front of customers when they’re searching for businesses like yours on Google Search and Maps. Only pay for results, like clicks to your website or calls to your business.”
This is undoubtedly the age of digital marketing and social media. If you want your restaurant to grow continuously, you must adopt digital marketing for your restaurant. Once you get familiar with digital marketing, it will generate huge revenues and a larger number of customers for your restaurant.