Traditionally associated with gaming and information, mobile apps today are becoming an essential part of every business to keep the users informed and engaged with the company. These have turned out to be a great way to increase the customer base as well as expand your brand reach.
However, mobile app development is a time-consuming and expensive process involving many other complications. Due to this, mobile app development tools are gaining immense popularity across the globe and their market is growing exponentially. As per a survey by Statista, the revenue in the app development software segment is projected to rise to 166.20 billion dollars in 2023. These tools let you build mobile apps without wasting much of your precious money and time.
With the increasing popularity of mobile app development tools, the market is getting loaded with these tools each of which has its own unique and innovative features. The overwhelming number of options has made choosing the right tool suitable for your needs difficult.
In this blog, we have brought you the top 9 mobile app development tools expected to rule the market in 2023.
Best Mobile App Development Tools
The best mobile app development tools make the work easier for developers while making the process cost-effective for businesses. Here is the list of the best tools for 2023.
|Rating||4.4 out of 5|
|Platform||Android, tvOS, watchOS, macOS, Windows, and iOS|
|Free Trial||Completely free|
Developed by Microsoft it is a free, open-source, cross-platform with .NET and C#. It is used by developers to build an ecosystem that includes API, backend, components, and more. It is capable of using the existing business logic layers and data access across platforms. Being a Microsoft product it provides safety against critical safety threats and provides regular technology updates.
- Features like refactoring, code editing, debugging, testing, and cloud publishing
- Mono framework that allows communication with mobile APIs
- It makes coding easier through platform-specific IntelliSense
- High-performing shared libraries can also be created
- Capable of integrating with SQLite, MYSQL, SQL Server, DB2, PostgreSQL, and more
- Strong and scalable mobile apps can be developed with QA and testing features
- Complete hardware support
- MVC and MVVM architecture compatible
- Open-source and free
- Easy maintenance
- Least community support
- UI development is not mobile friendly
Xamarin is a completely free mobile app development tool. There are no fees or licensing costs, including for commercial use.
|Rating||4.4 out of 5|
|Platform||Android, iOS, and Windows|
|Free Trial||14 Days|
It is an open-source mobile UI toolkit that is free to use. It helps in building high-quality cross-platform mobile apps from a single code base. It is loaded with state-of-the-art features and capabilities to construct interactive applications. It is known for creating strong and feature-rich native applications. It uses native SDKs and native app UI guidelines.
- Allows integration of UI elements such as forms, filters, list views, navigation menu, and others
- Hybrid app development framework used for building native mobile as well as progressive web apps
- Integrates seamlessly with Rollbar, LogRocket, Pingidentit, Sentry, and Microsoft Active directory
- A single codebase reduces the cost of app development
- Can be used to create native app binaries on the cloud
- Bug fixes, app updates, and content changes can be delivered without MDM approval
- Pre-built workflows and industry-specific defaults to automate development tasks.
- Live activity feeds are available on a shared, central dashboard
- Easy to use with plenty of UI components
- Unclear error messages make debugging apps difficult and time-consuming.
- Sometimes the built apps crash without any reason.
Ionic offers two pricing plans: Basic and standard. Have a look at the pricing details of each package.
|Rating||4.3 out of 5|
|Platform||Android, iOS, Windows, OS X, Electron|
|Free Trial||Completely Free|
Formerly known as PhoneGap. It is a cross-platform mobile app development tool that works across multiple platforms, irrespective of the operating system on these devices. It is adaptable to hardware components such as GPS, accelerometer, camera, etc. owing to its core languages viz. CSS3 and HTML5.
This tool also integrates several libraries with existing code and functions making the app development process faster and easier. Its functionality can be further improved through the inbuilt plug-in architecture.
- Capable of integrating with libraries for improved app development
- Lets you create applications without any specialized knowledge
- It allows you to design as well as distribute apps across all mobile platforms
- Makes application development time and money efficient
- It brings uniformity through cross-platform app development
- Open source platform available free of cost
- A powerful backend makes the app development process faster
- Each of its apps acts as a native app
- Easy to work with plugins in the repository
- Does not support plugins with hooks causing functionality blockage
- Its APIs and plugin complexity make it inappropriate for hardware-intensive tools
Apache Cordova is a completely free and open-source mobile app development tool.
|Rating||4.7 out of 5|
|Free Trial||7 Days|
It is a premium mobile app development tool especially useful for people without good coding knowledge. It is easy to use and provides several options for app development. The app designs are already available in the software, the developer only needs to personalize it by adding required features and then, publish the app on Playstore.
It has a simple interface with drag and drop system that lets you add features such as AI, AR, VR, or chatbots. Training videos and learning platforms are provided for the guidance of the user.
- It allows you to develop multilingual apps
- Integrates seamlessly with MS excel and warehouse
- Light-weighted app with attractive color schemes
- Offers social integration without any hassle
- Allows GPS location tracking
- Professional grade quality and performance
- Framework-based app development gets the work done faster
- Ability to deploy real-time updates and offline access
- The app is expensive and makes you pay even for images
- No other language for customer support but English
Appy Pie offers three pricing plans: Basic, gold, and platinum. Have a look at the pricing details of each package.
|Rating||4.7 out of 5|
|Free Trial||14 Days|
It is one of the easiest and fastest continuous integration/continuous deployment mobile app building tools owing to its pre-configured actions and services. It is recognized as the minimum friction platform. It allows you to build, test, and deploy apps as well as websites. It has the ability for flexible and seamless expansions.
- Smooth configuration through GUI AND YAM
- Features such as parallelism, advanced caching, and complete automation are available
- Provides continuous deployment on BitBucket, GitHub, GitLab, and others
- More than 150 actions for building iOS and Android apps
- Expansion of the codebase is possible through APIs
- Google Digital Ocean, AWS, WordPress, and Azure integrations
- Best-in-class build environment
- Intuitive and super clean UX/UI
- Supports all languages and task managers
- Easy to set up and train
- No proper documentation or training videos
- Does not show the failed executions
Buddy offers four pricing plans: Free, pro, hyper and enterprise. Have a look at the pricing details of each package.
|Free||Free (for 5 projects)|
|Rating||4.4 out of 5|
|Free Trial||14 Days|
It is a multipurpose low-code app development and maintenance platform that enables users to create web apps, mobile apps, and Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) easily. It is a cloud-based platform that features a highly sophisticated visual app-building tool. It is loaded with several attractive templates so the user does not have to start from scratch.
Also, it provides an excellent support system through features like responsive web applications and integrated backend services. It is used by some leading organizations such as AT&T and Samsung.
- Allows multiple apps from the same codebase
- Flexible and extensible mobile app development platform
- Drag and drop interface makes it easy to use
- Increased turnaround time with a faster and cheaper development process
- Allows changing configurations independent of pre-existing settings
- Allows to create native apps from various platforms
- Step-by-step guidelines are available with on-site tutorials
- Responsive app support with multi-platform as well as premium support
- Basic knowledge of the ionic framework is required
- It is a high-end solution with the plans costing higher than most other tools
Appery.io offers four pricing plans: Beginners, pro, team, and ultimate. Have a look at the pricing details of each package.
|Rating||4.1 out of 5|
|Platform||Android, iOS, Blackberry|
|Free Trial||30 Days|
It is an ideal tool for users looking to design native apps. It is a rapid mobile app development tool quite suitable for building enterprise applications. Owing to MVC based framework the developers can use it through fingertip touch, which further increases app responsiveness.
- UI widget for lists, menus, and toolbars is commercially supported
- A complete testing solution for Ext JS
- A single code model is used across all the components
- Least dependency on multiple versions and libraries
- Superior community strength
- Focuses on integrating high-quality responsiveness for a great touch experience
- The apps are faster, easier, and more convenient
- Supports all sorts of mobile app development
- It has a vast array of charts, pre-built components, and a data grid-based solution
- It has a huge learning curve
- From the licensing point, the tool is quite expensive
|Plan||1 Year||2 Years|
Sencha also offers volume-based discounts based on the number of developers.
|Platform||iOS, Android, Windows|
|Free Trial||10 Days|
It is a cross-platform software design and development tool that closes the gap between designers and developers by making them work with a unified framework, simultaneously, in a common language. Other than app development it also takes care of tasks like building, localization, compiling, and more.
It is equipped with quality assurance tools that help improve the performance, design, and reliability of the apps. It is a powerful and compact software loaded with intuitive tools and libraries.
- New classes for windows and rendering
- Support for opaque private keys is provided
- Integrates seamlessly with Zephyr, Azure DevOps, Atlassian Confluence, and Jira
- It offers framework essentials, design tools, add-ons, and more
- It supports dual mode and IPv6 networks
- Implemented with Parser and Compiler optimizations
- A great workaround for infested SSL servers
- A vast community of experienced developers
- Customer support is available via chat, phone, and contact forms
- The meta-object compiler makes the entire process complicated
- The lack of platform support evokes a set of complexities
QT offers two pricing plans: Professional and Enterprise. Have a look at the pricing details of each package.
|Rating||1.5 out of 5|
|Free Trial||30 day money back guarantee|
It is an iOS or iPhone app development platform that has a user-friendly, easy-to-use interface making platform navigation very simple. All its plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 6-month success guarantee. 6 months of free service are provided in case of unsatisfactory results.
It helps you to reach out to the customers by sending them eye-catching push notifications and is known for bringing real business and greater customer loyalty. A success team is available for guidance at every step.
- Customer support through multiple channels such as chats, email, and contact forms
- Offers such as scratch cards, in-app coupons, catalogs, ordering, deliveries, etc. are also available
- Designs custom apps and loyalty programs for businesses
- Publishes apps on leading app stores
- Integrates seamlessly with Google Cloud and AWS
- Compatible with Java, Python, and HTML
- User-friendly interface with free tutorials and resources
- Simple and easy-to-navigate editor
- Plenty of options to engage and retain customers
- You can change the theme without changing the content
- The free plan can only be used until you publish the app
- Template and theme choices are very basic
Have a look at the pricing details of Swiftic.
A good app development software allows you to customize a mobile app's functions and add new features to it. The basic factors to consider before selecting a mobile app development tool include its usability, scalability, customization, architecture, price, integration, security, and performance.
This blog has listed the top 9 mobile app development tools in 2023 for your assistance. Hope we could help you understand these apps and choose the best suitable tool for yourself.
What is a mobile app development tool?
Mobile App Development Tools are software designed to assist in the creation of mobile applications. The software is created for smartphones, tablets, and digital assistants, most commonly for the Android and iOS operating systems.
What are the types of mobile app development?
There are three basic types of mobile apps if we categorize them by the technology used to code them:
- Native Apps
- Web Apps
- Hybrid Apps
Which are free mobile app development tools?
Although, most of the tools provide a free trial, Xamarin, Ionic, Apache Cordova, Appy pie, and Buddy are a few free apps.
Which languages are popularly used for mobile app development?
Java, Python, C++, Kotlin, and Rust are popular app development languages that are mostly preferred.