A no-code development platform is a tool that helps in building software applications without coding, a better alternative to traditional software development for non-technical businesses where the users are hoping to build their own full-fledged applications.
By using a no-code platform, you can equip more parts of the workforce with the tools which are required to become citizen developers. If you have a small business with a lack of budget to hire a software developer or a source for a software development house.
Table of Contents
- What is a No-Code Platform?
- Top 10 No-Code Development Platforms for Business
What is a No Code Platform?
No code platform moves the power of software development into the hands of your entire company. Business and non-programmers can step into this platform for meeting the demands of faster application delivery, building business, web, and mobile applications on their own.
For example, if you are in charge of IT for an organisation, then you know how many requests come to your department. Implementing new things or fixing errors in existing applications, will not be easy to finish and also will take much time.
And at the time you finish your existing applications, more requests will already be in the queue and it’s never going to end. But using the best no-code platforms you can break that cycle. This will help you and your department can handle all of these requests.
Top 10 No-Code Development Platforms
There are so many best no-code development platforms but here are some of the top 10 no-code platforms:
Airtable is a super-flexible no-code database, with a spreadsheet interface and connections to your favourite best no-code tools. The fields for the Airtable table are kind of cells in a spreadsheet but have types such as checkbox, phone number, and drop-down list, and may reference file attachments like pictures.
Airtable is a spreadsheet-database hybrid, with the features of a database but applied to a spreadsheet. You will be able to create a database, set up column types, add records, link tables to one another, collaborate, sort records and publish views to external websites.
Features of Airtable
- Organize anything, with anyone, from anywhere: Airtable's native mobile and desktop apps make it easy to edit, comment, and collaborate in real-time — changes are instantly synced across everyone’s devices.
- Unique field types for your content: Airtable fields can handle any content you throw at them. Add attachments, long text notes, checkboxes, links to records in other tables—even barcodes. Whatever you need to stay organized.
- Configure the perfect view: Break free of the grid. Powerful filtering, sorting, and grouping gives you the freedom to arrange your work just the way you like. Choose the right views for your content, and save them for easy access at any time.
- Link related content intelligently: Say goodbye to duplicate data entry. It only takes a few clicks to link records between tables, creating smart relationships.
Nintex is the best no-code development platforms software company based in Bellevue, Washington. It is a business process management software integrated with enterprise service platforms including SharePoint, Office365, Salesforce, and Google Drive. Since 2018, Nintex has entered the business process mapping and robotic process automation markets with two company acquisitions.
The Nintex platform is a powerful set of integrated and intelligent solutions that empower lines of business and IT professionals which helps in unlocking the transformational business benefits of intelligent process automation technologies.
Features of Nintex Process Platform
- This platform includes capabilities for advanced workflow, process mapping, and management, mobile apps, process intelligence.
- It is faster and easier than ever for public and private organisations to automate and optimize business processes.
- It gives services possible to ensure customer needs and maximized productivity.
- With clicks not code, it is faster and easier than ever for public and private sector organisations to automate, orchestrate and optimize business processes.
- With Nintex, enterprises can design, deploy and manage the best solutions and services possible to ensure customer needs are met and productivity is maximized.
Nintex Process Platform Pricing
|Nintex RPA Standard||$90/user/month|
|Nintex RPA Enterprise||$140/workflow/month|
|Nintex Workflow Standard||$910/month|
|Nintex Workflow Enterprise||$1,400/month|
Quixy is a cloud-based user-friendly no-code application development and BPM platform that empowers business users with no coding skills to automate processes and workflows to build simple to complex enterprise-grade applications, using simple drag and drop design, ten times faster compared to the traditional approach consequently enhancing efficiency, transparency, and productivity of business operations.
The platform includes an integrated cloud database, a visual application builder, enterprise-grade security, regulatory compliance, and scalable global infrastructure. Quixy provides dozens of pre-built solutions for a variety of use cases such as CRM, Project Management, HRMS, Travel and Expense Management, Service Request and Incident Management, and much more.
The no-code, low-code development platform market is projected to grow from USD 13.2 billion in 2020 to USD 45.5 billion by 2025, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 28.1%. Quixy's competitors are other B2B low-code and no-code companies offering enterprise application development platforms. Some of them include Nintex, Quickbase, Betty Blocks, Appian, Outsystems, Mendix, Kintone, etc.
Evaluate Quixy with a 14-day free trial.
Features of Quixy
- Build user interface the way you want it.
- Model Processes and build workflows.
- Ready to use templates and components.
- Datatables and functions.
- Seamlessly integrate and extend applications.
- Document Generator for faster, error-free operations.
- Reports that give you actionable insights.
- Build your own dashboard.
- Test with Quixy Simulator.
- Rapidly deploy apps.
- Task notifications, reminders and escalations.
- Enterprise Ready.
|Solution||Starts from $1000/month|
Appy pie is a No-code platform released for android, ios, fire os, windows phone, and blackberry platforms which helps users to create and monetize different types of mobile. Appy pie launched a beta version of its WYSIWYG mobile app on 14 April 2015 which is run by global tech. It was mostly designed to require no coding skills.
The purpose of the software is to give small and midsize business owners operate the software they use. In August 2018 Appy pie announced which allows users to create a website. In June 2019 a chatbot was added to Appy pie. It also added other forms of software allowing users to improve the quality of images, help desk software, and others.
Features of Appy Pie
- App Builder: Make your own app the no-code way, with advanced features and go mobile with your business.
- Website Builder: Build your online presence using website maker and reach out to more customers worldwide.
- Design: Design creative artworks and banners, create logos, edit your photos and so much more online!
- Domain Registration: Buy a perfect domain, business emails, and bring your business online, in just a few minutes.
- Developer Platform: Build a Appy Pie Connect Integration, instantly connect with 300+ apps and save more time and money for free.
- Chatbot Builder: Create your own chatbot and lighten the burden of your sales team by letting the chatbot answer common queries.
Appy Pie Pricing
Appsheet provides a no-code development platform for an application code that helps users to create mobile, tablet, and net applications victimization information sources like GoogleDrive, Dropbox, Office365, and alternative cloud-based computer programs and information platforms.
This code is usually used for a bunch of business use cases alongside project management, consumer relationship management, field inspections, and personalized. Later, Appsheet was taken by Google in January 2020.
The platform is offered on the marketplace for every self-service and an organisation licensing model with great deal governance, data analytics, and performance decisions.
Features of Appsheet
- Streamline Data Collection: Improve data gathering methods by logging GPS coordinates, capturing and annotating images, accepting signatures, and scanning barcodes—with or without a network connection.
- Collaborate More Efficiently: Update and maintain existing data sets more effectively, while ensuring security and organisation policies.
- Collaborate with teammates, updating data securely
- Gain Instant, Actionable Insights: Analyze and monitor collected and updated data in real-time with customizable dashboards and automatic notification workflows.
- Collect data from any device, instantly syncing to the original data source
- Machine Learning Intelligence: Create apps with the power of machine learning, no data scientists required.
Appsheet compatible information sources contain:
- Google sheets
- Google forms
- Microsoft Excel on Office 365
- Microsoft Excel on Box
- Microsoft SQL server
- Amazon DynamoDB
Ninox helps in creating apps that match your workflow. The tools that are used every day at work should fit like a tailor-made-shirt-no itching, no scratching. It lets you integrate everything you need. It has applications from different departments to streamline your operations. For example CRM, sales, ERP, projects, HR & administration.
Ninox is another best no-code platform from the list of top best no-code platforms. It is a cloud-based data entry solution used by small and midsize organisations. The solution helps in building database applications using features such as built-in templates, custom actions, scripting and drag and drop formulas. The database can be stored either on-premise or in the cloud.
Features of Ninox
- Build Custom Apps: Drag & drop to quickly arrange forms, charts and reports.
- Invite your team: All your data in a central, smart workspace - no communication overhead.
- Work from anywhere: Ninox runs on all your devices - with or without internet connectivity.
- Fully customizable: With just a few clicks, you can create forms, views and graphs without any limitations. Make it a perfect fit for your business.
- Create reports and visualize data: Ninox handles a vast amount of data effortlessly. Choose from different views like Kanban, Gantt, Cards and Diagrams to visualise your results.
Salesforce is an American cloud-based software company. It provides customer relationship management (CRM) service. In 2020, fortune magazine ranked Salesforce at 6th place on their fortune list of the top 100 companies to work for 2020 based on an employee survey of satisfaction. Salesforce is the primary enterprise offers within the Salesforce platform.
It also helps companies with an interface for case and task management and also a system for routing and escalating important events. The Salesforce customer portal provides the customer with the ability to track their own cases and also enables the user to join the conversation about their company on social networking sites.
Features of Salesforce Lightning
- Lightning App Builder: Provides drag and drop capacities to facilitate app creation and customization.
- Lightning Component Framework: Includes tools and extensions that enable the development of reusable components and standalone apps and customization of the Salesforce Mobile App.
- AppExchange for Components: Makes over 50 partner components available in the App Builder.
- Design System: Offers style guides and user experience (UX) best practices for app development.
- Lightning Connect: An integration tool that makes it easier for Force.com apps to consume data from any external source that conforms to the OData specification.
Salesforce Lightning Pricing
|Lightning Platform Starter||$25/user/month|
|Lightning Platform Plus||$100/user/month|
The Quick Base is a no-code platform that helps non-technical developers to make customize cardinal connect secure cloud applications mapped to distinctive business challenges while not compromising. The platform addresses a broad set of business use cases through its application platform that has advancement and method automation, forms, and personalized chats.
This platform has thought of empowering citizen developers within the line of business to deliver “right for me” cloud applications. This system unites IT and therefore the business to accelerate business transformation across the organisation through fast prototyping of processes and apps that are designed, deployed, and customized.
Features of Quick Base
- Enterprise-grade governance: Create the boundaries in which business can take charge of their processes without jeopardizing system integrity.
- Modern integration platform: Connect your CRM, ERP, PLM, and other core applications with flexible APIs to automate the processes those platforms can’t.
- Industry-leading security & reliability: Control what matters with audit logs, powerful admin controls, data encryption, and reliable performance to build confidence that whatever happens next, you can handle it.
- Independently certified to mitigate risk: Quick Base has comprehensive security and regulatory compliance program that meets several industry standards.
Quick Base Pricing
Webflow is an American company that is based in San Francisco that provides software as a service for website building and hosting. It is one of the top no-code platforms and contains an online visual editor platform that allows users to design, build, and launch websites.
Features of Webflow
- CMS: Create the content structures you need, add content (by hand, from a CSV, or via our API), then design it visually. Finally, a content management system that works for editors, designers, and developers.
- E-commerce: From home page to product page, cart to checkout. Shape your customer's experience every step of the way, and build a modern eCommerce website — all without writing a single line of code.
- Editor: With the Webflow Editor, there’s no complex dashboards or disconnected back end — just you, your website, and the content you want to change.
- Hosting: Enjoy the fastest, most scalable hosting technology for your business — without all the hassles of domain setup, FTP, cPanel, and other annoying acronyms. Plus an entire website management platform.
|Enterprise||Custom Pricing (For teams of 25 or more)|
Knack may be a code providing service company that provides totally different tools for building online databases and internet applications. It is the best no-code platform to use. Knack was founded in 2010 and it is a 100 per cent remote company. Knack customers typically move from using Microsoft Excel spreadsheets or Google Docs.
Knack empowers innovators to simply overcome vital business challenges.
Features of Knack
- Groups will quickly build custom applications that collect and manage data, automate processes, and move workflows on-line.
- Knack provides non-programmers simply build, data-driven internet apps.
- Data can be imported from spreadsheets and converted to an online database.
- These apps may be published to any site and adapt to the encompassing style.
- You will additionally publish Multiple versions to totally different sites and for variances audiences.
- You will additionally extend these apps with a RESTful API, custom CSS, and JS event handlers.
Outgrow is the most popular no-code platform and provides you to better acquire, qualify, and engage leads by making it easy to build personalized quizzes, calculators, assessments, recommendations, polls, and chatbots. It has a host of design templates that are fully optimized for mobile, desktop, tablet, and many more.
There are over 300 pre-made content pieces and funnels that are optimized to improve conversion that helps you to change the questions, make a few tweaks so it’s consistent with your brand and you can have your own interactive content.
Features of Outgrow
- Variety Of Tools To Boost Your Marketing: Numerical Calculators, Outcome Quizzes, Graded Tests / Assessments, Ecommerce Recommendations, Polls, Chatbots, and Surveys.
- Layouts have been optimized through intensive A/B testing.
- Bring Out Your Brand: The look and feel can be easily customized to showcase your brand.
- Powerful Funnel Analytics: Identify patterns and drop-off points so you can increase your conversion rates.
- Branching Logic: Send respondents down different paths based on their responses.
- Conditional Messaging: Show result-specific messages to make your calculators and quizzes more personalized.
This is the list of no-code platforms. The no-code platform is very user friendly. It requires no necessary development knowledge. Any person in a company could use no-code platforms to create an application, which users can use.
And also, small businesses can benefit from no-code development platforms. Since it helps platforms eliminate the need for formal development experience, also gives the opportunity to create their application.
What are no code platforms?
A low-code/no-code development platform is a visual software development environment that allows citizen developers to drag and drop application components, connect them together and create a mobile or web app.
Is no code the future?
No, it isn't the future of code. It certainly has a place in the future and will be leveraged to make many applications. It will not replace other ways of creating software because low-code breaks down when the complexity of the solution increases.
What are low code tools?
Low-Code App Development Reviews:
- Microsoft PowerApps.
- Nintex Workflow Cloud.
Must have tools for startups - Recommended by StartupTalky
Subscribe to StartupTalky
Get the latest insights delivered to you right in your inbox