E-commerce is the relatively newer and lately more preferred method of trade and commerce. You can find almost everything you need on the internet, ranging from groceries to electronics, from books to even SaaS software. E-commerce has enabled us to buy and sell products online, and since the pandemic has forced us to stay indoors for most of the previous year, it has only encouraged E-commerce sales. E-commerce works with online stores selling either their own products, or products that other people list for sales.
Until a few years ago, building and managing an online store would require having an extensive knowledge of web development frameworks, some of the popular one's being Node, React, Angular, and Django. However, with the advent of no code platforms, this has changed, and although some might still prefer custom made pages and sites, the no code E-commerce platforms are an ever expanding regime of fresh and advanced features without the need of any code.
What is a No Code E-commerce Development Platform?
No Code E-commerce Development Platforms allow you to develop, manage, and run your own E-commerce platform and sell your products online without typing a line of code. Most of these platforms offer an efficient and intuitive drag and drop interface and allow users to design and brand their own logo. Some of the popular E-commerce development platforms include Shopify and Big Commerce among various others.
- Best No Code Website Builders
- Best No Code API Development Platforms
- Best No Code Blockchain Development Platforms
Here we compare the top 5 No Code E-commerce Development Platforms, so you can choose the best suited for you in accordance with your design and the kind of store you want to run.
Big Commerce allows you to build your own online store without any code, and offers a free trial period of 1 month as you choose a suitable plan. It offers all the essential features to design your storefront specific to your needs and helps you launch your store with expert E-commerce support. Moreover, as you build your brand along the way, you can also scale your business with Big Commerce. Be it store management, or driving customer traffic to your store, Big Commerce can handle it all, and all you need to really focus on is selling the right product.
Features Offered by Big Commerce
- Big Commerce offers some of the best inventory management tools to give the best user experience to your customers with a personalized approach.
- It allows you to choose from the most trusted shipping and payment accepting services so you can a customized experience.
- You also get to drive higher traffic on your store through advanced SEO strategies and customizable URLs.
- Big Commerce also offers Plug-in POS integrations such as Square and Clover, along with channel integrations with giants like Amazon, eBay, and Facebook.
- Advanced marketing tools help your customers enjoy an efficient experience and a streamlined checkout, so they keep returning.
Pricing for Big Commerce
Big Commerce offers 4 different pricing plans namely the Standard Plan, Plus Plan, Pro Plan, and the Enterprise Plan. While most of the features of these plans are similar, the pricing for Standard, Plus, and Pro plans are $29.95, $79.95, and $299.95 respectively. The Enterprise plan offers custom pricing with a full service open platform.
Shopify is one of the most popular E-commerce platforms, that allows users to build, manage and run their very own online stores. It allows you to start your online business, market and sell your products, and manage your store on a day to day basis, without having to type a single line of code. Statistics have shown that about 1 million businesses have delivered using Shopify, and have generated a combined sales of over $200 billion.
Features Offered by Shopify
- Shopify offers an online platform for starting an online store and serving customers while you can also hire Shopify experts.
- Shopify offers tools such as Kit and Klaviyo for social media marketing so you can reach more customers.
- Oberlo and Printful are some dropshipping tools offered to users by Shopify even furnishing you with the facility of print on demand.
- With Shopify, you can sell anywhere and to anyone with Point of sale, as well as online through your website.
- Get the required insights with an interactive dashboard to manage payments and shipping.
Pricing for Shopify
Shopify furnishes its users with 3 different pricing plans, called the Basic Shopify plan, Shopify plan, and the Shopify Advanced plan. While the basic plan $29 per month and is suited to new businesses, the Shopify plan is built for a growing business and costs $79 per month. The Shopify Advanced plan is more suited to scaling businesses and costs $299 per month.
SquareSpace is another no code development that offers users simple tools to build your own website. It offers a plethora of industry standard templates to choose from along with all the tools that you need to run your online store. SquareSpace makes E-commerce easy with a user friendly website design and customer services. Moreover, not just products from your inventory, with SquareSpace you can also sell subscriptions and digital content.
Features Offered by SquareSpace
- Not just physical goods, with SquareSpace, you can also help your business grow with appointments and other services.
- Enable online bookings and calendars with customer emails and make a mailing list for email campaigns to reach a wider audience.
- Integrate social channels and embed maps in your website to make announcements and guide your customers to find your business.
- Offer flexible payments and checkout options to your customers with a built in tax compliance tool.
- Also give out discounts and coupons to your customers to improve conversion rate and recover abandoned carts.
Pricing for SquareSpace
SquareSpace offers its users 4 different pricing options with the Personal Plan, Business Plan, Commerce Plan, and the Advanced Commerce Plan that cost $12, $18, $26, and $40 per month respectively. While Business Plan is the most popular one, the Commerce and Advanced Commerce plans are the one's you should explore if you wish to build an online E-commerce store.
Wix is a no code website creation platform that helps you build, launch and manage your website in different niche including E-commerce. The all-in-one platform offers you all the tools that you need to successfully run your business or an online store tailored to your specific needs. Moreover, you can connect with a team of professional designers and marketers to build your brand and start selling.
Features Offered by Wix
- Wix offers an Open Development Platform and a rapid Front-end design for you to transform an idea and implement it with product managers.
- You also get an Omnichannel Solution for Customer Support, fully integrated with your E-commerce suite.
- Wix allows you to create a digital hub with templates and media libraries and create password protected pages to engage employees.
- Wix also offers a scalable hosting, enterprise standard security features, with compliance across various business niche.
- You also enjoy third party integrations and APIs and an accelerated web development with team collaboration.
Pricing for Wix
Wix offers 4 different pricing plans called the VIP Plan, Unlimited Plan, Combo Plan, and the Connect Domain Plan which cost Rs 325, Rs 185, Rs 125, and Rs 80 respectively. Although most of the features are same, some of the varying one's include bandwidth, storage space, and video hours.
- Best No Code App Development Platforms
- Best No Code Automation Tools
- Traditional Business vs Online Business
Swell is another no code E-commerce development platform built for modern brands and startups. Swell is a platform designed to help your business grow without having to worry about the infrastructure and maintenance of your website. It offers to rid your storefront from backend using themes for modelling products. Moreover, with customizable models for content, B2B wholesale features along with checkout API, Swell promises a unique user experience for E-commerce development.
Features Offered by Swell
- Recover abandoned carts via email reminders and offer guest and custom checkout options to your customers.
- Give out discount coupons for limited time periods along with store wide discounts and generate bulk coupons with discount conditions.
- Swell also allows for order editing along with payments and refunds, partial or full.
- Include custom options and create unlimited product attributes. You can also increase revenue by creating product bundles for tracking the inventory.
- Get your own performance report and know what is selling and what isn't. You can also export this data in a csv format.
Pricing for Swell
Swell offers Basic, Standard and Advanced pricing plans which cost $59, $299, and $549 respectively. It also offers an Enterprise plan with custom pricing based on the services you avail. While the Basic plan offers all the services for an online store, the Standard Plan is more suited for scaling businesses who look to enhance their marketing. The Advanced plan is built for growing businesses and allows for up to 25 admin users and 10 webhooks.
Starting an E-commerce website has proved to be a great source of revenue lately, and depending on your inventory, you can efficiently scale your business with an online store. Most of the above listed platforms allow you to develop your own E-commerce store without coding, and while some of the allow for the use of custom code, it isn't mandatory. While some of them are focused on E-commerce platforms, others like Wix help you build any kind of website that you need, and while some of the platforms are built to sell physical goods, others like SquareSpace also allow you to sell digital assets. So whatever be the niche that you're planning to set up your online store in, you can always choose from one of the above listed platforms to build your website without code.