E-commerce is the relatively newer and lately more preferred method of trade and commerce. You can find almost everything you need on the internet, ranging from groceries to electronics, from books to even SaaS software. E-commerce has enabled us to buy and sell products online, and since the pandemic has forced us to stay indoors for most of the previous year, it has only encouraged E-commerce sales.
E-commerce works with online stores selling either their own products or products that other people list for sales. Until a few years ago, building and managing an online store would require having an extensive knowledge of web development frameworks, some of the popular one's being Node, React, Angular, and Django.
However, with the advent of no-code e-commerce platforms, this has changed, and although some might still prefer custom made pages and sites, the no-code E-commerce platforms are an ever-expanding regime of fresh and advanced features without the need for any code. Which is why finding the best platform for ecommerce website development is hard.
Here we compare the top 5 No Code E-commerce Development Platforms, so you can choose the best suited for you in accordance with your design and the kind of store you want to run. Hopefully this article will give you the best coding ecommerce website.
What is a No Code E-commerce Development Platform?
No Code E-commerce Development Platforms allow you to develop, manage, and run your own E-commerce platform and sell your products online without typing a line of code. Most of the best website builder software platforms offer an efficient and intuitive drag and drop interface and allow users to design and brand their own logo. Some of the top no code development platforms include Shopify and Big Commerce among various others. These are the top 5 No Code E-commerce Development Platforms.
Big Commerce is one of the ecommerce development platforms as it allows you to build your own online store without any code and offers a free trial period of 1 month as you choose a suitable plan. It offers ecommerce development tools and essential features to design your storefront specific to your needs and helps you launch your store with expert E-commerce support.
Moreover, as you build your brand along the way, you can also scale your business with Big Commerce. Be it store management, or driving customer traffic to your store, this no code development platform can handle it all, and all you need to really focus on is selling the right product.
Features Offered by Big Commerce
- Big Commerce is among the top nocode platforms as it offers some of the best inventory management tools to give the best user experience to your customers with a personalized approach.
- It allows you to choose from the most trusted shipping and payment accepting services so you can have a customized experience.
- The Big Commerce website builder helps you get to drive higher traffic to your store through advanced SEO strategies and customizable URLs.
- Big Commerce also offers Plug-in POS integrations such as Square and Clover, along with channel integrations with giants like Amazon, eBay, and Facebook.
- Advanced marketing tools help your customers enjoy an efficient experience and a streamlined checkout, so they keep returning.
Pricing for Big Commerce
Big Commerce pricing come in 4 different plans namely the Standard Plan, Plus Plan, Pro Plan, and the Enterprise Plan, while big commerce free trial is not available. While most of the features of these plans are similar, the pricing for Standard, Plus and Pro plans are $29.95, $79.95, and $299.95 respectively. The Enterprise plan offers custom pricing with a full-service open platform.
Shopify website is one of the most popular E-commerce platforms and the best website builder software, as it allows users to build, manage and run their very own online stores. This best free website builder, allows you to start your online business, market and sell your products, and manage your store on a day to day basis, without having to type a single line of code.
Statistics have shown that about 1 million businesses have delivered using Shopify, and have generated a combined sales of over $200 billion.
Features Offered by Shopify
- Shopify India offers an online platform for starting an online store and serving customers while you can also hire Shopify experts.
- Shopify app offers tools such as Kit and Klaviyo for social media marketing so you can reach more customers.
- Oberlo and Printful are some dropshipping tools offered to users by Shopify even furnishing you with the facility of print on demand.
- With this no code development platforms, you can sell anywhere and to anyone with a Point of sale, as well as online through your website.
- Get the required insights with an interactive dashboard to manage payments and shipping, which is what makes it top no code development platforms.
Pricing for Shopify
Shopify India pricing comes with 3 different plans, called the Basic Shopify plan, Shopify plan, and the Shopify Advanced plan. While the basic plan $29 per month and is suited to new businesses, the Shopify plan is built for a growing business and costs $79 per month. Unlike shopify competitors, its Shopify Advanced plan is more suited to scaling businesses and costs $299 per month.
SquareSpace is another open source no code platform that is among the top 10 no code platform as it offers users simple tools to build their own website. It offers a plethora of nocode tools and industry-standard templates to choose from along with all the tools that you need to run your online store.
SquareSpace makes E-commerce easy with a user-friendly website design and customer services, making it the best no code web app builder. Moreover, not just products from your inventory, with SquareSpace you can also sell subscriptions and digital content.
Features Offered by SquareSpace
- Not just physical goods, with this no code desktop app builder, you can also help your business grow with appointments and other services.
- Enable online bookings and calendars with customer emails and make a mailing list for email campaigns to reach a wider audience.
- Integrate social channels and embed maps in your website to make announcements and guide your customers to find your business.
- Offer flexible payments and checkout options to your customers with a built-in tax compliance tool and that is why it is the best no code platforms.
- Also, give out discounts and coupons to your customers to improve conversion rate and recover abandoned carts.
Pricing for SquareSpace
Squarespace offers its users 4 different pricing options with the Personal Plan, Business Plan, Commerce Plan, and the Advanced Commerce Plan that cost $12, $18, $26, and $40 per month respectively. While Business Plan is the most popular one, the Commerce and Advanced Commerce plans are the one's you should explore if you wish to build an online E-commerce store.
Wix is a no-code ecommercewebsite creation platform that helps you build, launch and manage your website in different niches including E-commerce. The all-in-one ecommerce website builder offers you all the tools that you need to successfully run your business or an online store tailored to your specific needs.
It is also known to be the best platform for ecommerce website development, as you can connect with a team of professional designers and marketers to build your brand and start selling.
Features Offered by Wix
- Wix offers an Open Development Platform and a rapid Front-end design for you to transform an idea and implement it with product managers.
- It is among the best website builder software as you also get an Omnichannel Solution for Customer Support, fully integrated with your E-commerce suite.
- Wix templates allows you to create a digital hub with media libraries and create password-protected pages to engage employees.
- Wix website builder also offers scalable hosting, enterprise standard security features, with compliance across the various business niches.
- You also enjoy third party integrations and APIs and accelerated web development with team collaboration, making it the best website builder for small business.
Pricing for Wix
Wix offers 4 different pricing plans called the VIP Plan, Unlimited Plan, Combo Plan, and the Connect Domain Plan which cost Rs 325, Rs 185, Rs 125, and Rs 80 respectively and also has a free version. Although this free website builder come with the features that are the same, some of the varying one's include bandwidth, storage space, and video hours.
Swell is another code E-commerce development platform and the best website builder for online store designed especially for modern brands and startups. Swell is a no code desktop app builder designed to help your business grow without having to worry about the infrastructure and maintenance of your website.
This top no code development platforms offers to rid your storefront from the backend using themes for modelling products. The swell company business plan comes with customizable models for content, B2B wholesale features along with checkout API, Swell promises a unique user experience for E-commerce development.
Features Offered by Swell
- Recover abandoned carts via email reminders and offer guest and custom checkout options to your customers.
- Give out discount coupons for limited time periods along with storewide discounts and generate bulk coupons with discount conditions and is the best no code web app builder because of this feature.
- Swell also allows for order editing along with payments and refunds, partial or full which is necessary for no code e-commerce.
- Include custom options and create unlimited product attributes. You can also increase revenue by creating product bundles for tracking the inventory.
- Get your own performance report and know what is selling and what isn't. You can also export this data in a CSV format.
Pricing for Swell
Swell pricing comes in 3 different plans which are Basic, Standard and Advanced pricing plans which cost $59, $299, and $549 respectively. This among the best no code web app builder as it also offers an Enterprise plan with custom pricing based on the services you avail of. While the Basic plan offers all the services for an online store, the Standard Plan is more suited for scaling businesses that look to enhance their marketing. The Advanced plan is built for growing businesses and allows for up to 25 admin users and 10 webhooks.
Starting an E-commerce website has proved to be a great source of revenue lately, and depending on your inventory, you can efficiently scale your business with an online store. Most of the above-listed ecommerce development platforms allow you to develop your own E-commerce store without coding by using their ecommerce development tools. While some of them allow for the use of custom code, it isn't mandatory.
While some of them are focused on E-commerce platforms, others like Wix help you build any kind of website that you need, and while some of the platforms are built to sell physical goods, others like SquareSpace also allow you to sell digital assets. So whatever be the niche that you're planning to set up your online store in, you can always choose from one of the coding ecommerce website listed above platforms to build your website without code.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you make a platform without code?
To build features in a no-code platform, you drag and drop modules into a logical chain. In essence, no scripting is needed as everything has already been developed or visually modelled; all you have to do now is drag, drop, and assemble.
How do I make a free eCommerce app?
Follow these steps to create your own eCommerce app:
- Enter the name of your app. Select the category that suits best your need.
- Add the features you want. Create an eCommerce App in minutes without any coding.
- Publish the app on app stores. Make shopping easier with your eCommerce App.
What is no code Low code platforms?
Low-code/no-code development platforms are types of visual software development environments that allow enterprise developers and citizen developers to drag and drop application components, connect them together and create mobile or web apps.
Will low code replace developers?
Small businesses may still face a significant hurdle to access these platforms and start using them to build apps in-house. Low-code and no-code platforms will likely never replace traditional development fully.
What is no-code backend?
No-code development platforms (NCDPs) allow programmers and non-programmers to create application software through graphical user interfaces and configuration instead of traditional computer programming.