When navigating through a web application, SaaS software, or even a software page on the web, you have most likely stumbled across the term API. Although for developers this term has become somewhat habitual, it is not so well understood by everyone. And while there are hundreds of web pages which offer more than enough information about APIs, making sense of it is not so facile.
Acronym for Application Programming Interface, an API is more like a software mediator, that facilitates communication between two applications. The API in this manner also helps with the privacy and security of your device, since neither your phone is completely exposed to the server, nor the server to your phone. APIs also adhere to HTTP and REST standards and hence have become developer-friendly in the more recent time.
- POST: To help the user create a new product.
- GET: Get requested information by the user.
- DELETE: To delete an existing piece of data.
- PUT: To update an existing piece of data.
Owing to the all-round functionality of APIs, every day more and newer APIs are being developed, and since they are built with JSON, APIs have been created by developers. That was until now since there are web applications which help you build APIs without having to code. These applications do not require the user to have any coding prowess and can help build an API through simple and intuitive tools and interface. Here we compare the top 5 No Code API Development Platforms, so you can find the best suited to build your own API.
Most no-code API Platforms work by connecting an API to Google Sheets, and Mixed Analytics API Connector is no exception. It offers an efficient way for users to import JSON files with an intuitive GUI and helps a great deal to users who work with csv files to export them on different platforms. Whether you have to pull out API data or make API requests, Mixed Analytics makes it easy for users who wish to develop APIs without having to code.
Features Offered by Mixed Analytics API Connector
- Mixed Analytics allows users to manage data from multiple sources without any manual resources or data warehouses.
- You can also automate tasks of API requests and time them on an hourly, daily, or even weekly basis using API custom functions.
- With API connector, you can pull data from thousands of sites through APIs, directly into your Google sheets.
- API Connector also allows you to base request URL on the sheet cells to turn them into variables, and them reference them in requests.
- Mixed Analytics is specially designed for working with spreadsheets and can pull data from any platform that uses API keys.
Pricing for API Connector
Mixed Analytics API Connector offers 3 different pricing plans, called the Pro Plan, Business Plan, and the Team Plan. While the Pro and Business Plan is meant for individual use, the Team Plan can be utilized by up to 10 users. The Pro Plan costs users $9.95 per month, while the Business Plan costs $19.95 per month, and the Team Plan costs users $59.95 per month.
Assemble is another no code API builder, that helps users build an API in 3 simple steps. The first step includes defining the information you need, according to which, Assemble will create the database and tables. The second step includes deploying your application with all your endpoints to get your hosted API. Finally, you can make use of the API in the front end or even test the API on Assemble dashboard. With these simple steps, Assemble helps you build a code-free API within minutes, which you can then use for hosting, databases, and exposing data.
Features Offered by Assemble
- Assemble helps you build any kind of APIs without the use of code, ranging from simple to-do list tasks to one specially tailored to your needs.
- Assemble also furnishes you with a secure architecture, ridding you of managing a whole server, so you can focus on efficiency and boost your productivity.
- You can also collaborate with your teammates, as Assemble allows you to invite unlimited users for faster development.
- Assemble allows for registering users and logging them in seamlessly, also allowing them to reset passwords through email confirmations.
- Cover your resources with permissions, and allow, users limited, users to edit your application with a built-in and extended permissions model.
Pricing for Assemble
Assemble offers 3 different pricing plans called the Starter Plan, Business Plan, and the Enterprise Plan. Most of the features of these plans are identical except the request limit and the database usage. While the Starter Plan offers a request limit of 10000 per month, and a database of 500 MB per month, it costs $39 per project per month, the Business Plan costs $49 per project per month and offers 50000 requests and a 1 GB database. The Enterprise Plan costs $79 per project per month, and the requests and database are negotiable.
DreamFactory is a no-code API generator for MySQL servers or even other data sources. Its advanced security controls offer users a platform that creates and manages a number of APIs also allowing them to optimize the software by integrating several applications. You can collect and merge data in a single API cell with scalability and robust security. DreamFactory also offers user 24/7 phone, chat and email, support.
Features Offered by DreamFactory
- DreamFactory allows users to mask the data while importing, and also create reports and analytics to retrieve and distribute data.
- DreamFactory also enables users to secure every endpoint with role-based access controls, and also manage API keys behind firewalls.
- It offers you to create a secure, industry-standard, reusable and well-documented code, within weeks.
- DreamFactory also allows users to integrate legacy technology into their applications in turn extending their life-cycles.
- You can manage and merge data from multiple sources into a single API cell without a line of code and effortlessly turn SOAP to REST.
Canonic is a platform that allows users to create REST and GraphQL APIs along with webhooks and workflows in no time. Canonic furnishes its users with a graph-based editor and helps them visualize data and relations using content platforms. Moreover, the drag and drop interface along with an efficient CMS makes publishing a piece of cake. Also, with Canonic, users can use a number of integrations including Slack, AWS Lambda, and Gatsby, along with webhooks and workflows based on data changes.
Features Offered by Canonic
- Canonic offers users a GraphQL API playground where you can instantly test your APIs, with autocomplete.
- You can also have the ability to automatically trigger workflows every time your data changes, deploying builds, functions, and messages.
- Canonic helps develop CRUD API and allows you to create, modify, and delete them at will with the built-in code editor.
- Documentation is no longer something you need to be worried about, since Canonic does that automatically, along with examples and parameters.
- Along with auto-generation of documentation, Canonic allows for instantaneous deployment, creation of authentication APIs, access tokens along with user invitations for collaboration.
Pricing for Canonic
Pricing for Canonic is available in 2 different formats, for individuals and for teams. For individuals, there are 2 different plans, the Free Plan and the Individual Plan that costs $15 per month. While the Free Plan allows for 5k requests per day and content storage of 5 GB, the Individual Plan offers 25 GB and 25k requests. The team's format offers 3 different pricing plans namely Team Plan that costs $99 per month, the Growth Plan that costs $249 per month, and the Enterprise Plan that offers a custom plan and the user needs to contact support for pricing of this plan.
PrestoAPI helps you build APIs within minutes without the need of any backend development skills, with just 3 simple steps. All you need to do is connect with your database through a connections string or a server address, select your data and the data request and customize your API, and voila! Your API is ready to be used. PrestoAPI allows you to connect with a database, create projects, enable collaboration, and all of this without having to type a single line of code.
Features Offered by PrestoAPI
- PrestoAPI offers a plethora of database supports including SQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle, and PostgreSQL.
- PrestoAPI also offers an integrated security feature that allows you to assign roles to different users throughout the completion of the project.
- With the Enterprise Plan, you can choose any number of databases and projects that you want along with custom server connections.
- You can also have custom API Endpoints, custom scripts and API statistics.
- PrestoAPI also offers users with API calls and custom number of users with IP whitelists and SSH tunnels.
Pricing for PrestoAPI
PrestoAPI offers 4 different plans with mostly the same basic features with the difference being the number of users, projects, databases, endpoints, and API calls. While the Free Plan offers all the basic features, the Basic Plan offers custom scripts with API statistics and costs $49 per month. The Pro Plan costs $149 per month and offers IP Whitelists and SSH tunnels, while the Enterprise Plan offers custom pricing in accordance with the features.
Developers today know how diverse and useful APIs can be, and how they can avert much of the workload. Creating an API without having to code has helped people irrespective of their coding prowess, and has huge potential for the time that lay ahead. The above mentioned No Code API developers can help users in different ways and offer a variety of pricing plans. Keeping in mind the number of projects that you need to develop, database requirements, number of users and other factors, you can choose the best suited for your needs.
What is an API?
API is the acronym for Application Programming Interface, which is a software intermediary that allows two applications to talk to each other.
What does API stand for?
Application programming interface
What are the types of API?
Types of API are:- Open APIs, Partner APIs, Internal APIs, and Composite APIs.
Must have tools for startups - Recommended by StartupTalky
Subscribe to StartupTalky
Get the latest insights delivered to you right in your inbox