Pandemic or no pandemic, official work requires team collaboration, especially on occasions such as building projects, presentations, or even planning out an event. Team communication is extremely important in such tasks; and to be honest, Whatsapp and Facebook are more suited to informal conversations rather than serious discussions. This begs the question, which team chatting applications should we use instead?
Well the good news is that there are a plethora of Team Chatting Applications out there, but that also means that you'll have to look for the one that suit your needs best. There are various features that we expect from a teams chatting application, while some are complementary, some are provided at a cost or a subscription. Here we discuss the top 5 Teams Chatting Application, for you to decide which suits you best.
Slack is a popular Teams Communication Platform, that offers safe and secure collaboration and chat among your colleagues. You can form different channels for different niches or projects, similar to Discord, where you can also contact through video conferencing or collaborate over a voice call. You also get to integrate your internal tools with Slack, for a more efficient workflow.
Features Offered by Slack
- Create dedicated channels for individual topics, projects, and events, and use those channels solely for the assigned purpose.
- Slack saves your previous data, so if you need to navigate a previous project or a chat, you can easily find that on Slack.
- Slack lets you manage remote teams from other companies just as your's, with a comprehensive message archive feature so you don't have to shuffle between tabs.
- Slack can be further integrated with applications such as Office, Google Drive with over 2200 integrations available, to manage tasks more efficiently.
- Security is of paramount importance in the data driven world and Slack knows this. Slack also offers complete control and visibility with encryption keys.
Pricing for Slack
|Standard Plan||Plus Plan||Enterprise Grid|
|Used by SMEs and costs $2.67 per user per month when billed annually and $3.20 when billed monthly||Used by larger businesses and costs $5 per user per month when billed annually and $6 when billed monthly||Used for big enterprises and industries and offers custom pricing|
|Offers unlimited message archiving and applications along with group video calls with screen sharing||Offers user provisioning and disprovisioning, and single sign ins using SAML||Offers unlimited workspaces, data loss prevention, and offline backup providers|
|Use Slack connect to collaborate with other organizations||Allows for data exports for all messages||Offers message compliance of HIPAA with file collaboration|
Ryver is an easy, simple and affordable teams collaboration platform to organize meetings and communicate with a single application. Ryver offers group messaging with unlimited file sharing, task management with unlimited task and boards, along with audio and video calls with screen sharing. Also like Slack, it offers a single sign in through SAML and direct support during regular work hours.
Features Offered by Ryver
- Ryver offers Forums for open discussions, Teams for private or project based conversations and People platform for one on one communications.
- Allows you to chat, organize conversations by tasks, and calling over voice and video calls for better communication.
- Ryver offers a number of integrations such as Dropbox, Google Drive, and applications using Zapier, while also offering new Streaming Services.
- Ryver does not limit your working and offers unlimited chats, tasks, video and audio calls, teams and forums, and file sharing to ensure your work goes on without hindrance.
- Ryver uses SSL based encryption to protect your data, as well as AWS cloud services security features.
Pricing for Ryver
|Starter Plan||Unlimited Plan||Enterprise Plan|
|Costs $49 per month and allows up to 4 users||Costs $79 per month and allows unlimited users||Costs from $149 per month with a custom plan and allows unlimited users|
|Offers unlimited chats and file sharing along with task management||Offers unlimited chats, file sharing, and task management with custom invite links||Offers unlimited chats, file sharing, and task management with premium support and Single Sign-On|
|Offers up to 12 member guests||Offers unlimited users and member guests||Offers advanced team management and a dedicated testing sandbox|
Microsoft Teams is another Teams Collaboration Platform, that helps groups stay organized and connected with a suite of features. Teams allows you to chat, video conference as an attendee or a presenter, make audio calls, and collaborate with file sharing. Make the best use out of Teams with screen sharing and Together Mode, like in the above image. Moreover, Teams helps you to organize workflows and is available in 53 different languages.
Features Offered by Microsoft Teams
- Teams helps you to leverage AI during meetings and webinars and display context of the meeting, with quality audio and video.
- Teams allows you to organize and host live events with member as many as 10,000, within your organization or outside of it.
- Invite anyone with an email to your video conferencing with just a link, and enhance your productivity in real-time.
- Teams also allows you to record meetings, chat during live meetings, turn on captions in real-time and many more functionalities, making it the perfect teams collaboration application.
- You also get to manipulate your background like blurring it or even changing it, to have a more focused meeting.
Pricing for Microsoft Teams
|Microsoft Teams Free Version||Microsoft 365 Business Basic||Microsoft 365 Business Standard||Office 365 E3|
|Is free of cost||Costs Rs125 per user per month||Costs Rs660 per user per month||Costs Rs1320 per user per month|
|Allows for chat and collaboration||Allows for chat and collaboration with some features of meetings and calls||Allows for chat and collaboration with some features for meetings and calls||Allows for chat and collaboration along with unlimited meetings and calls|
|Partial features with productivity applications and security||Partial features with productivity applications and security||Full range of security compliance and productivity applications||Full range of security compliance and productivity applications|
|Does not offer administrative features or support||Does not offer administrative features or support||Offers a suite of both administrative features and support||Offers a suite of both administrative features and support|
Flock is a teams communication application which offers seamless collaboration among colleagues and organizations, with an all round suite of features. With the help of custom channels and team directories, organize conversations and use productivity enhancing tools, all at the same place. Flock can be easily used for different domains including Sales, Marketing, and Human Resources, offering you an excellent customer support.
Features Offered by Flock
- Chat with colleagues, make voice and video calls and share screen in real time, to collaborate without feeling distant.
- Create dedicated channels for focused communication as public or private and view all your new messages at once, regardless of the channel.
- Flock allows you to send personalized voice notes, and search, share, and pin your channel history, for any important messages or notifications.
- Flock also allows you to share files up to 100 MB on your device or cloud, and offers a minimum of 5 GB space for users for files storage.
- Flock also offers a number of security features such as Data Retention, Authentication, Administrative features and managing permissions.
Pricing for Flock
|Free/Starter Plan||Pro Plan||Enterprise Plan|
|Is free of cost with basic features for small teams||Costs Rs199 per user per month for midsized teams and companies||Costs Rs349 per user per month for larger enterprises|
|Unlimited chatting with individuals and groups and up to 10k searchable messages||Unlimited chatting with individuals, group and searchable messages||Unlimited chatting with individuals, group and searchable messages|
|Up to 10 Public channels and 5GB storage space per team||Unlimited public and private channels with 10GB storage space per team||Unlimited public and private channels with 20GB storage space per team|
|Offers single team admin and one on one video calls||Allows multiple gorup admins, video calls for groups and screen sharing||Allows multiple gorup admins, video calls for groups and screen sharing|
Rocket.chat is a teams communication hub for that helps you collaborate with colleagues, manage data and enhance productivity. Be it file sharing, chatting, or audio/video conferencing, Rocket.chat helps you do all of that on an ideal and unified platform. Moreover, Rocket.chat is fully customizable and can be tailored to your needs, while also offering ML based message translation in real-time.
Features Offered by Rocket.chat
- Rocket.chat allows you to integrate with WebHook integrations and plugins with popular applications such as Drupal and Pidgin.
- With an open source code for Rocket.chat, you can customize the interface any way you deem fit, and tailor it to your specific needs.
- AI powered rel-time message translation in over 50 languages ensures everyone is on the same page, regardless of ethnicity.
- Rocket.chat offers secure conversations with CCPA and HIPAA compliance along with moderators who can manage permissions.
- Rocket.chat also allows for an omnichannel strategy, allowing you to integrate other communication tools, to serve your clients.
Pricing for Rocket.chat
|Community Version||Pro Plan||Enterprise Version|
|Free version for small teams to offer centralized communication||Costs $3 per user per month for SMEs for business communication||Custom pricing for larger enterprises and high scalability|
|Allows for up to 1k users and offers custom domain||Allows unlimited users with custom domain||Allows unlimited users with custom domain and scope for scalability|
|Offers public, private, and broadcast channels||Offers all features in free version along with guest users and end to end encryption||Offers all features in Pro plan with secured push notifications and audit panel|
|You get queue management, chat tagging, and integrations and API||Real time monitoring, facebook and whatsapp integrations, and Omnichannel proxy API||Offers the use of Analytics API, priority assignment, and chat routing|
Must have tools for startups - Recommended by StartupTalky
Subscribe to StartupTalky
Get the latest insights delivered to you right in your inbox