Weblog, popularly known as Blog, was initially used as an online journal in 1994. Later, it got evolved into a space where information related to personal and business grounds started flowing through. Since then, the world of blogging has got enormous reach, popularity and success. There are more than 570 million blogs in the web today. This rapid growth of blogs, then started bringing commercial benefits to them. Businesses were eager on placing their ads on successful blogs to reach a wider customer base, and as a result, the concept of Affiliate Marketing was born.
- Adobe Affiliate Program
- Amazon Associates
About Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate Marketing is a concept where, a company willing to generate more customers, decides to promote their product through affiliates. These affiliates publish the ads on their websites, and, when a customer buys the product through that link (a unique code will be generated for every ad link to identify which affiliate succeeded in acquiring the customer), the company will reward the affiliate with a percentage of commission. The rate of commission varies from markets and industries and the average commission ranges between 5% to 30%.
In this article, we’ll see some of the best affiliate programs, that proves to be beneficial for bloggers.
How Affiliate Marketing Works
- An advertiser has a product and the advertiser wants to sell. Advertisers agree to give you a commission from each sale if the buyer is coming from your site.
- Advertisers give you a unique link that tracks your affiliate code. That way, the advertiser knows when a buyer used your link to make a purchase.
- You include your affiliate link on your site. You can do this directly in the content or through banner ads. If a reader clicks on your unique link and buys the product you have recommended, you earn a percentage of what she purchased.
Affiliate Programs for Bloggers
Some of the best affiliate programs for bloggers are listed below.
Adobe Affiliate Program
Adobe Affiliate Program is one of the attractive ones available in the market. Adobe is an American Software company that is known for its creative software and multimedia tools. They took the lead in revolutionizing the world from paper-to-digital transformation, through their invention of PDF. Their consistent innovations and quality services helped them earn a huge customer base.
Joining their affiliate program, you get to promote Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe Document Cloud and Adobe Stock and earn a good commission on them. The best deals offered by them are:
- Commission for Adobe Creative and Document cloud is 85% of first month in Monthly subscription plan and 8.33% of first year’s subscription.
- Adobe Stock offers commission of $72 from its monthly subscription.
- You’ll receive exclusive promotions and incentives.
- Regular updates on new product launches.
- The duration of cookies is 30 days.
- Adobe stock and documents are available only in few selected countries.
ShareASale is itself an affiliate network that has over 2500 valuable merchants with their products and services. They allow you to select from available merchants and promote their products on your site. With their large merchant base and products piling up regularly, it is always easier to find a product for you to promote.
- It has the best user interface that is easy and simple to navigate.
- They have a quick payout system.
- They give a minimum pay of $50. This minimum pay can be further raised up to $1000.
- Their website is quite outdated and their links causes glitches while working with WordPress.
Amazon is one of the biggest e-commerce platforms in the world with a wide and diverse range of products being sold. Their affiliate program has more or less the same age of Blog. With their widespread branches across globe and huge customer base, they stand to be a popular affiliate partner for bloggers. By choosing the appropriate product to promote, that suits your customers, you can hit a jackpot.
- If a customer purchases a different product, other than that of what you have promoted, through your link, Amazon still pays you a commission.
- Cookies stay alive for 90 days, if a customer visits through your link and adds the product to cart.
- If the customer fails to add the product to cart and move on without purchasing, cookies will forget you in 24 hours.
- Considering other affiliates of this size, Amazon offers the lowest commission rate which doesn’t go beyond 10%.
GoDaddy has grown to be the largest domain registrar worldwide with more than 20 million customers. They manage their affiliate marketing network through their partners Commission Junction (CJ Affiliate). They offer a commission of 10% to 15% and payout $25 per repeat customer and $100 per new customer.
- GoDaddy offers an extended Cookie duration of 45 days.
- You have various choices to choose for promotion as they offer multiple services.
- Their customer service is not that supportive.
ConvertKit is an e-mail marketing tool that helps you simplify your workload by taking care of your customers. Their friendly interface and automation tool makes this simpler. They pay 30% commission to their affiliates for every sale they make and ConvertKit is one of the best of recurring affiliate programs available in market.
- They offer the highest commission rate in this field of business (30%).
- They have the best Cookie duration of 60 days.
- They lack pace in both processing applications and in paying affiliates. They take few weeks to roll-out the commission.
Since their formation in 2003, they’ve grown to be the largest web hosting company in the world. Bluehost offers one of the highest payouts for its affiliates and has dispersed more than $5 million in commission the previous year alone. They provide various services for free namely, registering Domain Name and issuing SSL Certificates.
- They are one of the highest paying affiliate programs. They pay $65 and it increases with the increase in signups.
- They have an excellent storage and bandwidth that allows you to smoothly handle your traffics.
- They take 45 to 60 days to process the payment.
- Entry level package lacks many facilities and services compared to their other plans.
Cloudways has partnered with various reputed service providers like Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft, Linode and Digital Ocean to run the Cloud Hosting Platform. Even without much technical skill, customers can run their sites comfortably. Their affiliate program offers a huge commission for affiliates in two schemes:
- Slab Payment – By choosing this, affiliates get paid a fixed slab rate for every customer. This rate increases with the customers.
- Hybrid Payment – Offers $30 per sale + 7% life time commission.
- They have the longest Cookie lifetime of 90 days.
- They provide a 24/7 customer support and provide dedicated affiliate managers.
• Payment will be processed only if the commission payable reaches the threshold of $250.
QuickBooks is an accounting software company that mainly concentrates on small businesses, accountants and service providers. It has a simple and easy to use software that helps you run your business effectively. QuickBooks is a well reputed company with over 4.4 million customers. Their services can be availed through any medium like PC, Mobile phones, tab, etc. Their commission payout ranges upto 10% which is paid through Cheques and a Cookie duration of 45 days.
- They have an excellent support service for customers.
- Commission will be paid for your own purchase as well.
- They are available only in United States.
- Payment is made only after $50 threshold is reached every time.
Shopify is an e-commerce company that provides a platform for users to set an online store to sell their goods and services. Shopify offer an enormous number of tools and facilities for users to set-up and manage their business efficiently. Similarly, their affiliate program offers upto 200% commission to affiliates, who promotes their products, which is huge. Cookies stay alive for 30 days.
- You can earn $58 for every sign-up using your link in paid plan and $2000 for Plus plans.
- They give a good support and their good reputation brings high potential sale.
You may not have heard about PicMonkey, but they offer a great deal for affiliates. PicMonkey is a photo editing and designing tool that helps users to create and edit photos for social posts. They have tools that perform basic cropping to high-end photo enhancing. Here are some of their pros and cons:
- If a customer purchases any subscription plan in PicMonkey using your referral, you earn 50% commission on every sale. It doesn’t end there.
- You earn a recurring commission of 25% for every purchase made by that same customer in the future.
• Your referral link will be valid only for 30 days and hence, if your customer didn’t purchase within that stipulated time, you’ll receive no commission.
The online era has only encouraged Blogging. With their add-on financial income through affiliate marketing, it is only going to boost the number of people turning bloggers. By adding fuel to this growing trend, businesses have poured millions of dollars into Affiliate Marketing, thus becoming a motivator to new bloggers.
The above mentioned 10 affiliate programs have proven promising incomes to affiliates. I hope you to give it a try and benefit from them.
Do bloggers use affiliate programs?
An affiliate marketing programs is one of the best ways for bloggers to monetize their content and earn a living promoting products they believe in.
Which Affiliate Programs is the best for Bloggers?
Some of the best affiliate programs for bloggers are:
- Adobe Affiliate Program
- Amazon Associates
What is affiliate marketing used for?
Affiliate marketing is an online sales practice to let a product owner increase sales by allowing others targeting the affiliates to earn a commission by recommending the product to others.