We all have our specified names with different surnames. The same thing is applied to websites and their web page names. Each website is assigned a unique domain. Domains contain two most important yet basic information about the website. The first part of the domain contains the name given to that website. The second part of the domain is made up of a few codes having different meanings and uses.
Domains are defined as the address provided to each website separately. They are the ones responsible for distinguishing separate websites and web pages from one to another. The user needs to input the website address to directly assess any website.
There are multiple agencies set up to provide the service of the domain. Each domain needs to be unique and certified by the registrar for its record. The agencies selling domains and their related services are also accredited to higher authorities such as Internet Corporation For Assigned Name and Numbers (ICANN).
There are many platforms available to register for a domain. Take a look at some of the most popular domain registrars in 2022.
GoDaddy Inc. is an American-based company mainly known for its internet-based services such as domain registrar and web hosting services. GoDaddy is accredited with ICANN for the registration of domains.
The mission of the GoDaddy team is to empower the community of more than 20 million users and entrepreneurs by allowing them the facility of all needed tools to grow online. GoDaddy works for all the services related to the domain registrar.
Some of the Popular Services Provided by Godaddy Are:
- Web Hosting.
- WordPress Hosting.
- Domain Registration.
- Professional Email.
- E-commerce solutions.
- GoDaddy allows its customers to purchase their needed domain extension from a bunch of available extensions.
- GoDaddy is a great platform to consider for buying top-level domain names.
- GoDaddy allows its customers with domain brokers, who can negotiate with the recent domain owner for purchasing.
- GoDaddy has excellent customer service. They have a team helping customers 24*7, along with a few forums and dedicated video tutorials for easy working.
- The prices available on GoDaddy are quite high as compared to other similar service providers.
Google offers several services to its customers. One of the similar services is to offer domain services to the customers. Google Domain is the domain name registrar operated by Google. Google Domains are accredited with ICANN.
Google Domains provide several services to their customers all related to the domain and web hosting.
Some of the Popular Services Provided by Google Domains Are:
- Privacy Protection.
- Domain Forwarding.
- New Domain Ending.
- Custom subdomain.
- Easy domain management tools.
- The services provided by Google Domains are speedy and easy to use.
- They provide customizable packages as well as domains as per clients' needs.
- They use Google-style for easy access.
- Google Domains provide the best customer service support for any complications.
- The prices can be quite high as compared to other domain registrar websites.
Hover was developed by the merger of three already set up domain registrars named NetIdentity, It's Your Domain, Domain Direct. Hover was established by Tucows Inc. an American-Canadian company. Hover allows its users to get their needed domain along with the service of email. Hover is also accredited to the ICANN, not directly but with the joint venture of its parent company Tucows Inc.
Hover works to provide simple and understandable tools that can help people to find their best suitable domain names and email address.
Some of the Popular Services Provided by Hover Are:
- Domain renewal.
- Domain Registration.
- Email domain registration.
- Email filtration.
- Categorized domain names.
- Hover has a reliable user interface with attached user privacy included in their terms.
- Hover allows its users the facility of locking up their domains from any unauthorized access.
- The customer service provided by Hover is reliable but limited.
- The biggest limitation is that the customer service given by Hover is time-based and not 24*7. Hence it can be an issue if there is a different time zone involved.
- The prices given by Hover are quite expensive when compared with the service they provide.
Ionos is a Germany-based web hosting company. It was formed and named after the merger of a cloud infrastructure specialist company named ProfitBricks and was renamed as Ionos. Ionos is accredited with ICANN for registering domain names.
Ionos works with the mission of making powerful technology that works for everyone, along with the delivery of the best cloud computing services.
Some of the Popular Services Provided by Ionos Are:
- Cloud-based solutions.
- Messaging services.
- Domain name registration services.
- Web hosting services.
- E-mail-based services.
- Ionos offers their customers a free SSL certificate, a free WHOIS privacy protection on the purchase of any domain.
- They also allow the free service of transferring domains.
- Ionos also offer the facility of pre-registration of any particular domain and its extension.
- Ionos provides the best customer service, they can also provide a personal consultant for inquiries 24*7.
- 1&1 Ionos is a great domain registrar, however, it lacks updated facilities and easy user interface services.
Namecheap is a US-based domain registrar providing services on services such as domain name registration and web hosting services. Namecheap is quite famous for its budget-friendly services. Namecheap is also accredited with ICANN for its domain services.
Namecheap is a web service providing company working with the mission of delivering the best domains at the best price with the best service.
Some of the popular services provided by Namecheap are:
- Web hosting services.
- Managing WordPress services.
- Security-based services.
- Domain transferring services.
- Graphic design services.
- The whole process of purchasing a domain is simple and clear. In short, they have a good user interface.
- There is an additional service of privacy protection given by Namecheap to all its users free of cost.
- They provide great customer service.
Even though Namecheap is a trusted and reliable source, they pack in providing mobile-based support to their customers.
Domains work as a unique address assigned to each web page. Each domain needs to be unique and registered with a specific domain registrar. These domain registrars are then accredited with a generic top-level domain registry or a country code top-level registry such as ICANN. Some of the top-level Registrar available for domain registration is given above.
Can a domain be purchased for a lifetime or a limited period?
Domains can be purchased for more than 50 years. Or it can be varied depending upon the package offered by the domain registrar.
Which domain registrar is best?
GoDaddy, Google Domains, Namecheap, and Hover are some of the best domain registrars.
Does it matter who your domain registrar is?
Domain registrars are built to provide domains. The only thing to consider while buying a domain from any registrar is to look for the package and services provided by them. Apart from this, it does not matter from which registrar a domain is purchased.
What domain registrar do big companies use?
GoDaddy is the most popular domain registrar used by companies
Must have tools for startups - Recommended by StartupTalky
Subscribe to StartupTalky
Get the latest insights delivered to you right in your inbox