Whether you are a marketer or a website owner trying to promote your website, link building is one of the essential tools to make it happen. While there are a variety of methods to create high-quality backlinks, one of the most effective and cost-efficient ways is through email outreach.
With the right approach and strategy, email outreach can be an incredibly powerful tool to gain backlinks with minimal effort.
In this guide, you will get to know all the information you need in order to create a successful email outreach campaign that will result in quality backlinks for your website.
- Understanding Your Niche
- Finding Potential Prospects
- Check for Broken Links
- Check Competitor’s Backlinks
- Find the Right Contact to Reach Out
What Is Email Outreach?
Email outreach is the process of sending emails to potential customers or partners in order to establish connections or partnerships.
It’s an effective way to reach out to people who may be interested in what you have to offer, while also providing value in return.
Generally, email outreach can be profoundly used for various purposes that include:
- Introducing you or your business
- Offering collaborations
- Asking for feedback on a product or services
- Link building
- Influencer marketing
- Cold emailing
- Generating leads or sales
How Does Email Outreach Help With Link Building?
Email outreach helps build relationships, gets your content in front of new audiences, and can even help generate more links for your website.
By using email outreach as part of your overall link-building strategy, you can get more targeted links pointing back to your website.
- Targeted links are more likely to result in higher search engine rankings since search engines tend to favor sites with strong links from other well-established websites in the same industry or niche.
- Targeted links may also result in referral traffic from those websites, which means more people will be aware of your business and its products or services.
It's also important to note that email outreach can be used not only for link building but also for content promotion and networking purposes. By reaching out directly via email, you can establish relationships with other webmasters or even influencers who could potentially promote your content on their own channels – generating even more exposure for your business.
Email Outreach Strategies for Link Building
Anyone can shoot off generic emails to random people with a copy-and-paste template. But, that does not give you the desired results.
From finding the right people to crafting your message in an impactful way, there are certain aspects that you should consider for an effective email outreach campaign.
Here are the most important strategies that you must consider in order to make your email outreach strategy for link-building successful.
Step 1: Effective Targeting
Targeting is an important part of any successful email outreach campaign, as it ensures that the emails you send out reach the right people.
By targeting your emails to the right audience,
- you'll be able to increase the chances of conversion.
- you're able to narrow down your audience to people who are actually interested in what you have to offer.
- you can save time and effort by eliminating people who might not be interested in the product or services that you're offering.
- you can create focused messages that will help build relationships with relevant people
In order to go about targeting the right people, here are a few steps you should take. So, the goal of this step is to, find the right website owner or influencer to reach out to for link building.
Understanding Your Niche
For a successful link-building campaign, it is important that you understand your niche and the industry in that you're operating.
By doing this, you'll be able to identify potential partners who can help promote your business or link back to your website.
Finding Potential Prospects
Once you know what kind of audience you want to target, start searching for potential prospects who can help you build backlinks.
You can use various tools to search for websites in your industry, or even use social media platforms such as Twitter and LinkedIn to find contacts that would be interested in working with you.
Check for Broken Links
The most effective way to find websites to outreach to is by looking for broken links on other websites.
Broken links are essentially dead pages, and the website owner may be interested in replacing them with your link in order to ensure their visitors have a better experience.
This technique also helps you build relationships with other sites as they'll appreciate you taking the time to point out the broken link.
Check Competitor’s Backlinks
If you want to find out which websites are linking to your competitors, a backlink analysis can be very helpful. You can use tools like ahrefs, semrush, etc. for this task and you can analyze others' websites.
By doing this, you'll get an understanding of the types of websites that might also be interested in creating links with your business.
Find the Right Contact to Reach Out
Finding the best website to ask for backlinks is not enough. You'll also need to find the right person who can help you gain those links.
You can do this by finding LinkedIn contacts of the businesses' employees or the owner of the website or using email finder tools like Hunter
At the end of this step, you will have the contact details of the people to reach out to for requesting a backlink.
Step 2: Crafting a Personalized Message
A simple message asking for links in return for some value will not work in most cases as it is often seen as spammy.
Therefore, it is important to craft a personalized message that will be more likely to get a response.
Your message should be targeted specifically at the website or influencer you are contacting and include an explanation of how both parties could benefit from working together.
Here are a few things to do to ensure your message is effective.
Researching Your Prospects
In order to craft a message that resonates with your target audience, it is important that you do some research on them before sending out the email.
Look into their website or social media accounts and try to get an idea of what kind of content they produce and what their interests are.
You can use tools like Google Alerts or Buzzsumo to stay updated on new content that your prospects are publishing and interact with them by leaving comments or sharing their content.
Tailor Your Message
Hook your prospects by framing your message in a way that meets their needs.
Make sure to address any specific issues your target audience is facing or explain how you can help them meet their objectives.
Points to keep in mind while crafting the message
- Use a subject line that is short and concise and compels to open.
- Make sure your message is clear in what you want the recipient to do.
- Focus on how they can benefit from working with you instead of just promoting your business.
- Have a strong hook with a story and make sure to mention why their website is a good fit for your link. Include all the relevant information like social media handles, website URLs, etc.
- Proofread your message before sending it out and use a professional tone throughout.
- Use an effective pitch template that you can customize for each website.
- Suggest an article or a page on their website where your link can be placed.
- Clearly define the broken link or the opportunity to get a link and explain how it is beneficial for both parties.
- End with a clear call-to-action stating how they can get in touch with you.
Send the Email at the Right Time
Timing is key when it comes to sending out outreach emails.
To maximize your chances of getting a response, try to figure out the best time to send the message based on when your target audience is most likely to be active and respond.
Now you can proofread and send out your email.
Step 3: Following up
The success of your link-building strategy will depend heavily on how fast you are able to respond to the queries of your prospects.
In order to ensure that you get a response, follow up with a polite reminder if you don't hear from them within a few days.
Follow-up emails should be timely and personalized for maximum effectiveness.
Make it very clear in the follow-up message that you are checking on the status of their response and be sure to express your appreciation for their time.
Step 4: Track & Optimize
Not every attempt to get a backlink will be successful but it is still important to track your outreach efforts and analyze the response rate.
This will help you identify areas of improvement so that you can optimize your link-building strategy for maximum effectiveness.
You can use tools like BuzzStream or Yesware to automate link-building processes, track emails, and measure your success.
By regularly monitoring and optimizing your outreach efforts, you can build strong relationships with influencers and get quality backlinks for your website.
The process of link-building can seem overwhelming at first, but if you follow the right steps, it will become much easier to execute a successful strategy. With patience and hard work, you can build quality backlinks for your website and reach a wider audience.
Start by researching your target audience, then send a personalized message, follow up if necessary, and track & optimize your efforts. Doing so will help you build strong relationships with influencers and get valuable links that can benefit your website in the long run.
What kinds of backlinks should one avoid for link building?
We all know that not all kinds of backlinks are important for backlinking, and we should avoid below mentioned backlinking.
- Backlinking from irrelevant niches
- Website having an excess amount of backlinking
- Backlinking from a bad reputation website
How do you politely ask for a backlink?
While asking for a link, few things to keep in mind.
- Add value first to the backlink provider.
- Convey your wants clearly and don't insist if they do not agree.
- Appreciate their decisions.
What are essential tools for Email Outreach?
Email Outreach is the biggest task to do if you are doing it manually. Therefore, many companies have tried to make it simple for us. These companies include Clearout, SendPulse, Zerobounce, etc.
What is the best way to create backlinks?
The following are proven ways by which you can create backlinks for your websites or blog:
- Write a blog post for other websites and blogs in your niche.
- Do networking with the same niche publishers.
- Create great content continuously and offer backlinks to the best websites in your niche if they approach you and ask them to do the same.
- Get interviewed on various podcasts and Youtube Channels.