Many companies feel that once they've captured the attention of their audience, they can sit back and relax. While it's true that a company's brand should reach a stage where it is in the front mind of its audience to be effectively called a brand, capturing interest is only half of what needs to be done for this.
Reaching such a stage requires a lot of work and a well-worked-out strategy to keep the captured interest engaged. When done right, engagement optimisation not only increases visibility by keeping your brand at the top of the minds of people but also generates leads that can thereafter lead to conversion.
- Focus on Different Types of Content
- Focus on Your Social Media Outreach Strategy
- Focus on Increasing Your Brand’s Engagement on Social Media
- Focus On Messaging Platforms
- Focus On Features That Are Working On Your Website
What is Engagement Optimisation?
Engagement Optimisation is the process of optimising your website's user experience thereby increasing the time spent on the site and the number of pages viewed by the users per visit. This optimisation can occur only when you can understand the specific features on your website which give the users more reasons to stay on your site and return in the future.
Engagement optimisation also includes measures that can drive your audience to share your content via social media or other online sharing platforms. All in all the goal of engagement optimisation is to increase traffic and reach by making content more capitulating, agreeable, and shareable, which in turn increases the number of impressions for your website in general and that piece of content in particular. This in turn will increase the number of opportunities you may have to grab the attention of your potential customers.
How to Do Engagement Optimisation For Your Brand?
You can do engagement optimization for your brand by focusing on the following:
Focus on Different Types of Content
Types of content are going to play a large role in content marketing success. While many marketers will tell you that all types of content are important, it is no secret that some are more effective than others depending on your target audience. You must identify what will click well with your audience and design a content framework that works to fit the need and demands of your audience as well as your brand. This way you will be able to attract your target customers to your brand and therefore, better engagement optimisation.
Focus on Your Social Media Outreach Strategy
With the growing trend of reels, stories, and posts on various social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube, a prominent online presence of any brand for their products and services has become a necessary task. It helps to build a successful engagement optimisation where brands can reach the target audience through posts that resonate with their unique interests.
However, customer or community engagement is essential if you want to make a profit from social media. Furthermore, this trick can hike up the engagement strategy as well. All you have to do is engage with the potential clients as consistent communication between the brand and customers can boost engagement smoothly.
Here we will discuss a few top-notch strategies that can enhance your social media outreach strategy:
Build Meaningful Connections
Engagement optimisation is all about building a more meaningful connection with your target audience, which in turn can lead to increased brand loyalty. In today's time, you are not alone if you are looking for an engagement optimisation strategy that can help increase your brand awareness.
Everyone from small business owners to national companies is turning their attention toward social media marketing because it allows them to build relationships with potential customers at no cost. When done right, engagement optimisation is free advertising that helps your business grow by fostering trust and creating online communities around your products or services. Things to consider while building meaningful connections:
- Use catchy but simple and clear language while promoting your products.
- Post content that is humorous yet relatable to the products or services your company is offering.
- Adding videos can also help you to reach the audience. It helps to determine an in-depth clarity of the audience's understanding of the product.
- While you are organizing any marketing campaign for your brand, keep a track of your audience's reactions. You can create polls to understand the desirability of your service or product. You can get new ideas and also get to know about the improvements required from the public reactions.
Track Your Social Media Metrics
- The number of followers increases in your social media account reflecting the popularity of your brand. If customers are happy and engaged with your posts then the insights, as well as the number of your followers, will increase. So, it is important to keep a track of your followers on different social media platforms.
- Reactions of your audience to the posts and stories on your social media are the second most important thing to track. It allows you to gain a piece of thorough knowledge about the interests of the users in your account related to what products they like the most.
- For EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System), you should have clear visibility online. Therefore, you should check the reach of your post to the target audience. Hence, the more reactions or comments on your posts, the more is the visibility of your brand.
- The concept of click-through rate is another element for direct quotations or conversions. Again, while calculating the CTR there is no accurate number that is defined as a good CTR value. In general, it is counted as any number above 2-3% is better than the average.
- Conduct competitive analysis to boost customer engagement for your brand.
Focus on Increasing Your Brand’s Engagement on Social Media
Engagement optimisation is a concept that has grown more prominent in recent years as brands realize how much reach they can achieve when they leverage social media to boost their presence. Not all social media strategies result in engagement, so how can you make sure yours do? Below are some of the tips on how you can optimise your brand's engagement on social media platforms:
These days people spend more hours watching video content on social media that any other form of content. Therefore utilizing the video content for your brand can build a strong audience engagement. It is observed in surveys that video content is more beneficial than text or audio content. Posting fewer images and more videos can channel the marketing of your brand in a better way.
Similar to the video content there can be small temporary videos that are posted on stories on various social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, etc are known as transitory content. These small videos can either last for 2 seconds like a boomerang or 15 seconds in the form of stories.
Gaining customers' trust and building a relationship with loyal customers for the long term is an essential factor for all companies. Therefore, whatever you post should be customer opinion-oriented. In this way, you can expect a considerable amount of engagement on your social media platforms.
Here, you can also create polls, small videos, or reels regarding customers' opinions about your brand.
Collaboration With Influencers
On social media platforms, influencers and bloggers have already established their fame through huge fan following. You can promote your product or services by collaborating with the. This strategy will help you to reach a huge audience in less time. Things to know while collaborating with influencers:
- Select your brand's niche.
- Select the bloggers or influencers already working in the same niche of your brand. For instance, if your brand deals with food items then collaborating with food bloggers can be helpful. Similarly, if your business is related to clothing or jewelry then lifestyle influencers can do the job.
- While selecting the influencers, do check if they have the organic follower list and have not purchased any. Otherwise, the brand collaboration will not reach the target audience.
Focus On Messaging Platforms
Messaging is a great way to understand your customers' requirements and it also helps to create new leads. According to Userlike, 68% of the customers prefer chatbot services as it provides quicker responses irrespective of the time of the day. Since social media channels have a huge user base, focusing on platforms like Facebook messenger chatbot, Instagram messenger chatbot, and WhatsApp is a great way to enhance one's brand engagement.
You cannot control everything, sometimes, the users will leave your site no matter what. But how they feel about their experience on your site can make a big difference in whether they come back or not. So, giving importance to the customers by listening to their requests or issues increases engagement and thus, better chances of customer retention and acquisition.
Focus On Features That Are Working On Your Website
It is a good idea to look at your bounce rate to determine which features on your website are keeping users engaged and which are not. If you notice that a large percentage of your visitors are leaving without going through any other page (other than your home page), then you may want to tweak or re-evaluate the content you are offering. You can also check how long people stay on each page using Google Analytics. By looking at these numbers, you can see where the customer engagement is high and where it is low. After analyzing, you can make the alterations accordingly.
To conclude Engagement Optimisation is the key to success in Digital Marketing especially since there is so much noise out there to snatch the attention of the audience. This means that your content and presentation need to be unique and must appeal to the audience and thereafter, they need to feel the connection with it to remain engaged. Finally, they have to be convinced to stay loyal to your brand and at the same time suggest your brand to their community. Thus, focusing on the above-mentioned essential aspects will help you to increase engagement for your brand.
What is an engagement strategy?
An engagement strategy consists of various activities and interactions with the customers to ensure a great before and after purchase experience for them.
What are the types of engagement?
The following are the types of engagement:
- Personal engagement.
- Situational engagement.
- Organizational engagement.
How can I drive brand engagement?
You can drive brand engagement with the help of the following:
- Create a seamless brand experience across all channels.
- Take part in social media discussions.
- Use the live chat to engage with customers directly.
- Personalize your content.
- Conduct contests, polls, and giveaways.
- Prioritize feedback from customers.
What is branded search volume?
The volume of visitors to your website that came from a branded keyword on a search engine over a specific period, such as a month or quarter, is known as branded search traffic. It shows the growth of your brand's recognition among the people.
Must have tools for startups - Recommended by StartupTalky
Subscribe to StartupTalky
Get the latest insights delivered to you right in your inbox