Jio has finally launched its video conferencing app JioMeet to take on the likes of rivals Zoom and Googlemeet. Jiomeet is available across all platforms Android, iOS, Windows, mac OS and web. The video conferencing app supports call conferencing up to 100 people and meeting can go up to 24 hours. As compared to its rival Zoom, where the duration of meetings is of 40 minutes, you have to subscribe for its paid plan to host longer meetings.
Features of Jiomeet
- JioMeet can host up to 100 participants
- jiomeet has a multi-device support
- The calls can go up to 24 hours without any interruptions and there are no charges on the duration of calls
- Safe driving mode
As Reliance was planning to launch the jiomeet to compete with its rivals Zoom and Google meet but Zoom has faced intense competition since its was established. The interface of Jiomeet is almost similar to Zoom which received mixed reactions from the users. It also gets a feature waiting room which is similar to its rival zoom. As the government of India has declared zoom is not a safe platform but the users have no choice rather than using zoom because of its features. With the entry of jiomeet, it looks like Zoom has really tough competition and soon jiomeet will dethrone zoom.
How to Download and Install Jiomeet on Smartphone
- Go to Google Play Store or the App Store on your smartphone.
2. Search for JioMeet in the search section.
3. Once JioMeet appears in the result, tap on it, and select the 'Install' option to download it.
How to create a new JioMeet account
- Open the JioMeet app and Tap on Sign up button
- Enter your email ID and name and click on Next button
- The app will now send a verification mail on your given email
- Access the mail received and click on the Verify button
5. It will then redirect you to a browser page, There it will ask you to create a password.
6. Enter the password and click on Next button
7. Once done with the process head back to the app and click on the Sign-in button and enter your login credentials.
How to host a new meeting
Once you are logged in into the app Tap on New Meeting, once done click on Start a Meeting.
How to invite people to join your meeting
- Once you setup the meeting Tap on participants at the bottom
- After that Tap on Invite button and then choose the service from which you want to invite participants such as whatsapp, messages and etc.
How to join a meeting
Joining a meeting is quite simple either click on the link shared by the host or you can manually enter the meeting id and password and join the meeting.
Which is a better video conferencing app JioMeet or Zoom?
Jiomeet has all the basic features of Zoom but the point where JioMeet excels is, The call duration of JioMeet goes up to 24 hours free of charge without any interruptions whereas in Zoom it is limited to 40 minutes.
Zoom announced that it will be adding end to end encryption to both its free and paid users whereas Jio said all of its calls are password protected but nothing has been revealed about the end to end encryption like its rival. Looking at the details it's hard to comment on which is a better video conferencing app, as per secure calls Zoom takes on the lead by offering (End to End)encryption but if we look at free calls for 24 hours then JioMeet is the winner.
FAQ about JioMeet
Is JioMeet Free ?
Yes, JioMeet is free and the calls can go up to 24 hrs without any interruptions.
Is JioMeet safe?
Jio has said that all its meetings are password protected however the company hasn't revealed anything about an end to end encryption on its call.
Is JioMeet only for jio users?
No, JioMeet is available for all users. you can download it from Playstore or Appstore
It looks like Zoom has fierce competition here. Jio has made a great brand image in the past. JioMeet will be the first preference of Indian users as it is an Indian app. Zoom said in a statement that it has experienced intense competition since it was established. Now it's up to Indians Will they prefer JioMeet or Zoom.