Automation is the term that seems to fit in almost every work situation these days. In this fast pacing time, it is important for people and businesses to automate as much of their work as possible. This not only saves time and energy but also makes the processes more efficient.
When it comes to customer service, some businesses view it as a necessary evil, while others see it as an opportunity to stand out from the competition. Whether you fall into the former or latter category, there's no denying that automating your customer service can save your business time and money.
For example- Chatbots are a great way to automate customer service as it provides the customers with instant responses 24/7. In the case of the airline industry, customers can look for all the flight information, find the best option, and book a ticket with the help of chatbots. In this way, customers get to have all the necessary details in an easy conversation.
- Automate Customer Service Processes with a Chatbot
- Use an AI-Powered Live Chat Tool
- Take Advantage of Automation Tools
- Implement an E-commerce CRM
- Use a Help Desk Ticketing System
- Use Social Media Automation Tools
- Automate Your Customer Service Reporting
Seven Ways to Automate Customer Service Process
There are a number of ways to automate your customer service. One of the most popular is to use a chatbot. Chatbots are computer programs that can mimic human conversation. They can be used to answer common questions and help direct customers to the right resources. One can also automate customer service using an interactive voice response system. This allows customers to get the information they need without having to speak to a live agent.
The following are the seven ways to automate your customer service process:
Automate Customer Service Processes with a Chatbot
A chatbot can help you automate customer service by providing answers to common questions, routing customers to the right support agent, and even handling simple tasks like scheduling appointments or placing orders. You can create a chatbot using a chatbot platform like Chatfuel or Botpress, or you can use a chatbot builder like Manychat to create a chatbot without any coding.
Use an AI-Powered Live Chat Tool
An AI-powered live chat tool can help you automate customer service by providing instant answers to common questions, routing customers to the right support agent, and even handling simple tasks like scheduling appointments or placing orders. Live chat tools that use AI include Zendesk, Drift, Intercom, etc.
Take Advantage of Automation Tools
One can always take advantage of automation tools. For example- Zapier is an automation tool that lets you connect different apps and automate tasks between them. You could use this tool to automatically add new contacts from your CRM to your live chat tool or to send a follow-up email after a customer support conversation automatically.
Implement an E-commerce CRM
An e-commerce CRM can help you automate customer service by providing a central place to manage all your customers' data, contact information, and support conversations. Plus, e-commerce CRM tools can automate tasks like shipping and order tracking, making it easy to keep your customers updated on the status of their orders.
Popular e-commerce CRMs include:
Use a Help Desk Ticketing System
A help desk ticketing system can help you automate customer service by organizing and tracking all your customer support conversations in one place. A help desk ticketing system can also automate tasks like assigning tickets to the right support agent and sending notifications when a ticket is updated. Popular help desk ticketing systems include Zendesk, Freshdesk, Zohodesk, and Help Scout.
Use Social Media Automation Tools
Social media automation tools can help you automate customer service by posting updates, responding to comments and messages, and even monitoring for keywords and hashtags. Automated customer service on social media can help you stay connected with your customers and resolve issues quickly.
Social media automation tools include:
Automate Your Customer Service Reporting
Customer service reporting can be time-consuming, but tracking metrics like customer satisfaction and first-contact resolution are important. Automating your customer service reporting can help you save time by always generating reports on a schedule to have the latest data. Reporting tools that can automate customer service reporting include Zendesk Insights and Helpshift Analytics.
Pros of Automating Customer Service Process
The customer service process is extremely important and automating it can be really effective for a whole lot of businesses. The following points show the pros of it:
- One of the pros of automating your customer service process is that it helps to improve efficiency and productivity within your organization.
- By automating certain tasks, you can free up your staff to focus on important tasks that require more attention.
- Another advantage is that it can help improve the quality of your customer service by ensuring that tasks are completed correctly and in a timely manner.
- It can also help to reduce the overall cost of your customer service operation by eliminating the need for manual labor.
- Finally, automating your customer service process can help improve your customers' overall satisfaction by providing them with a more efficient and effective customer service experience.
Cons of Automating Customer Service Process
Automated customer service definitely ups the game for many businesses, but it might just not be the perfect thing for others. The following are some of the disadvantages of automating your customer service process:
- One of the potential drawbacks of automating your customer service process is that it can lead to a more impersonal experience for your customers. Automation might not be the right solution if your goal is to create a more personal relationship with your customers.
- Another potential drawback is that automated systems can sometimes be less reliable than human customer service representatives. If your system goes down, or if there are technical issues, your customers will not be able to get the help they need.
- Automated systems can also be more expensive to set up and maintain than traditional customer service solutions. If you are on a tight budget, then automation might not be the right choice for you.
- Finally, automated systems can sometimes give customers the impression that they are talking to a machine rather than a real person. This can lead to frustration and even cause some customers to take their business elsewhere.
If you consider automating your customer service process, carefully weigh the pros and cons. Automation can offer many benefits, but it is not right for every business. Make sure to consider all of the potential drawbacks before making a decision.
Automating your customer service can provide a better experience for your customers while freeing up your team to work on more important tasks. However, in some cases, automation might just not be the right thing for some businesses. The above-mentioned are some of the most important points that will guide you to automate your customer service process.
Can customer services be automated?
Yes, it can be automated. More businesses are now keener to automate customer services as it improves customer experience and employee satisfaction.
What are automated reporting tools used for?
Automated reporting tools are used by professionals to make and share organizational reports at particular intervals without updating the information each time.
Which are the top software to automate customer service?
The Best tools to automate customer service are:
- Agile CRM
- Zoho Desk
What is a help desk ticketing system?
A help desk ticketing system is software used by customer support teams. It is used to create, maintain, and manage lists of customers' problems.
What are examples of automated customer service system?
Some examples of automated customer service system are:
- Self-service portals
- Standardized email replies
- Live chat and Chatbots
- Virtual Assistant
- Ticketing tool to assign tickets to the relevant team