Social media management can be extremely exhausting, especially for businesses on multiple social media platforms. It can be tough to post daily on them, and Twitter is no exception. In these situations, automation tools prove to be life-saving. Automation tools help save time and mainly remove the ever-lasting question of "What do I post about today?" from the equation.
What are Automation Tools?
An automation tool is a software that allows you to set up a row of tweets and a time gap at which you want your tweets to appear on your Twitter account. It also allows you to send an automated direct message to your new followers. The other features and uses of these tools depend on the software of your choice. While some of them will display your tweets and updates as a simple bulletin board, others will contribute and provide the appropriate level of interaction to help your business develop.
Automating your account doesn't mean your social media labour is over. There is a right and wrong way to automate your account. To make sure that you do it the right way, here are some tips to help you on your way.
Tips to use automation on Twitter for your Brand
- Be sure to be different and remarkable. Automation is not rocket science; if you can automate your Twitter account, others can figure it out as well. Try to stand out and make your content unique and creative to draw a crowd.
- Make sure that you don't sound like a robot. Just because a bot is posting your tweets doesn't mean that they have to sound one too. Put maximum effort into your tweets to ensure people don't find out that a bot is running your Twitter account. Put some personality into them to make them engage and be a part of the conversation.
- Be social. Your work doesn't end at scheduling updates, monitor the discussion happening, be a part of it, and answer any queries or comments on your tweets. Respond to direct messages as soon as possible, and make sure you spend lots of time retweeting essential topics related to your business.
- Don't just post about updates, post about something else as well. Post about something that will attract an audience. Share a mix of branded material, personal information, and informative stuff from your company's other products. If you just post updates about your business, the audience will consider it boring and repetitive and move on.
- Don't send automated direct messages. Suppose you send automated direct messages to people. In that case, your followers will most likely ignore you or unfollow you, as most people know that it's a bot and not a natural person at the start of the conversation.
- Keep an eye on trending topics across the globe. It's difficult to predict which subjects will be trending from one instant to the next. Saying the wrong thing at the wrong moment may be bad for your company's reputation, making you look insensitive or out of touch. Ideally, if a large disaster occurs in the world, you should pause your automatic tweets.
Automation Tools to use for Twitter
As previously mentioned, different automation software have different features, plans and services. It is tough to choose one from hundreds of them. To make it easier for you, we have shortlisted five automation tools among the best of the best.
SocialPilot caters to a wide range of customers, with price choices ranging from small companies to giant corporations. What's even better is that there are no feature limitations—nearly everything you can do at the highest level can be done at the lowest. It's simply on a lesser scale. The Agency plan costs $150 per month, the Studio plan costs $100 per month, the Small team plan costs $50 per month, and the Professional plan costs $30 per month, with a 15% savings if paid annually.
Social Pilot is also very simple to use. Simply type your tweet in the box and choose from a variety of media options, such as videos, pictures, Twitter cards, or polls. After you've finished crafting your tweet, pick how you want it to be published, and then schedule it using the calendar, which will prompt you to select a publishing time and date up to a year in advance.
Buffer is a simple service that does what it says on the tin. All you have to do is go to your Buffer dashboard, select your profile, craft your tweet and then schedule it. Buffer will automatically add it to the queue and publish it on your behalf at the predetermined time.
Buffer's methodology makes content sharing a breeze. You may quickly create a new post within the app once you've connected your social accounts. Buffer provides a free option, but the Essentials subscription is only $6 per month.
Audiense is a social marketing platform that uses what people say, who they are, and how they think to engage audiences with rich, actionable data and marketing tools.
To expand your reach on Twitter, navigate to the Target menu on your Audiense dashboard and select Discover New Twitter Users. Enter any brand-related terms, as well as a location if relevant. Utilise the keyword search to find Twitter people that have those terms in their bios. This enables marketers to gain a comprehensive understanding of their consumers, discover critical market possibilities, and engage them wisely.
There are three plans to select from: the free plan, the $99/mo Twitter marketing plan, and the $1499/mo Audience Insights plan.
Dlvr. is beneficial for those who wish to regularly update their social media feeds with information from other sources or by bulk uploading. It is an excellent choice for social media feeds. It takes the material you select and distributes it across all social media networks. It does not take the place of the critical and directed messages that are posted regularly. There are three options to select from:
- The Basic plan, which costs $0 per month.
- The Pro plan, which costs $8.29 per month.
- The Plus plan, which costs $24.88 per month.
You can confidently schedule posts across multiple social networks with Hootsuite. You can manage organic and paid social content together, easily keep track of customer conversations, break down silos in how you collaborate with your organisation. You can also gain actionable real-time insights from social media to make critical business decisions—all from one intuitive dashboard. On the downside, you'll need to subscribe to the Professional subscription if you want to view and react to your Twitter DMs. Hootsuite is free, but it offers a restricted set of capabilities. Depending on your demands, the other options cost from $49 to $599 or more.
Log into your Hootsuite account and click the top icon in the left-hand menu to schedule your tweets in advance. Include links, media, and hashtags in your tweet. Then, on the grey Schedule for Later option, select the time you want to save. Set the day and time for the Tweet to go live, then click Done.
ContentStudio is a multi-purpose social media management and content marketing application that lets you schedule tweets ahead of time. ContentStudio also allows you to integrate RSS feeds so that you may automatically distribute information from your own blog or other brand blogs on your social media profiles.
It has a post scheduling tool that you can "set and forget" that you can use to publish articles from your content schedule on a regular basis. You may either let the programme choose the best days and hours for publishing based on its algorithms, or you can construct your own unique schedule by selecting the best times and dates for publication. ContentStudio offers a free trial for 14 days. After that, it offers 4 plans, Pro for $49 per month, Small for $99 per month, Medium for $199 per month and large for $299 per month.
What is Twitter automation?
Twitter automation is the process of automating Twitter accounts and activities. It includes direct messaging, scheduling tweets, curating contents, following, unfollowing, liking, and commenting on other tweets.
What are the automation tools to use for Twitter?
Some of the best Automation tools to use on Twitter are: