A Bangalore-based startup, Vedantu has raised an additional $24 million as a part of the Series C funding round, which runs a learning app for students aged 12-18. Vedantu aims to serve more students and make its brand a household name through the influx of cash.
The latest infusion into its C series, first unveiled by Vedantu in August last year, was led by the multinational VC corporation GGV Money. The round was also attended by several established investors. The $24 million expansion will extend to 66 million dollars for the five-year-old Series C startup and will increase its total to 82 million dollars to date.
What is Vedantu?
Vedantu can also handle more students in one session since it is a virtual class. There may be up to 600 students during a paying session while free lessons maybe 2,000, Krishna said, who's a professor himself. He also runs Lakshya Institute before selling a big stake in Mumbai's K-12-based tutoring and test-processing company MT Educare, which helped students prepare for undergraduate studies, until early 2014. It has created a proprietary method called WAVE, which tests about 70 criteria, including whether the student is watching the screen, in order to ensure students are aware of and recognize their vulnerabilities. About 90% of the students attend the workshop.
Vedantu's Target Audience
The target group are the CBSE and ICSE high school students. We would assume that all high school students in India will be interested in an online teacher under the above curriculum. But to reach a different group, students who spend more time online and discuss learning topics in google and in your language can be identified. The platform also targets teachers who teach unique subjects and who are able to devote multiple hours teaching online and to seek extra revenue. It can also approach coaching institutes that can teach online to a range of tutors.
Marketing Head of Vedantu
Vedantu has appointed two senior executives, Kunal Dubey as Marketing Manager and Lucky Saini as Brand Manager in its marketing unit. For the past seven years, this charismatic pair has been active in the industry, and will lead marketing efforts to place the Vedantu brand among students and parents as the most favoured and valued Edtech. With Vedantu's growth plan precipitating its being the world-wide leading brand EdTech, the marketing & business team will be very supportive.
Kunal Dubey, Marketing manager of Vedantu, after his appointment mentions,
Vedantu’s culture reflects the organization’s rock-solid foundation as well as empathetic leadership. I am humbled to take on this role and believe that a strong culture leads to great business stories. I look forward to building a passionate marketing team that lives and breathes our brand purpose every day.
Dubey worked for eBay India, Flipkart and PhonePe over a period of 15 years of his career whereas Ogilvy, Autumn Gray, Flipkart, Manipa Education and Manipal Group have managed to share Saini's career.
Here are some interesting features this e-learning firm:
- Personalized training LIVE from home comfort. This means that a pupil receives a committed teacher's full attention and studies at his own speed. Teacher-student relationships are powerful, bidirectional and technologically controlled for quality improvement.
- They also introduce experiments such as video games which are not only fun but knowledgeable.
- They have a feature of the feedback system where teachers frequently inform their parents about the success of their child. This provides an edge over the conventional PTM meeting held twice or thrice a year at colleges.
Marketing Strategy adapted by Vedantu and it's Viral Campaigns
- Vedantu markets its packages on its website, Google advertising, and forum digitally.
- It is a tuneful and captivating commercial telecast on TV & social media channels that catches the interest of children.
- As a brand ambassador Aamir Khan portrays wonderfully the role of an interested father and gives the character its own charm.
article continues after the video..
- The TV ad is very attractive and linked to a fun, jingle-filled learning experience. The first brand advertisement – 'Samajh aayega toh mazaa aayega' has been launched by Vedantu.
- The brand intends to take this collective to the mainstream and create an influence on scale by way of this campaign. The Initiative underlines the need to make the children's learning experience more exciting and successful by using LIVE streaming lessons.
This is a really good Vedantu marketing technique, which certainly impacts the public. As we saw, its profits from its subscription model grew steadily.
Competitors of Vedantu
Vedantu is an extraordinary online teaching company but still faces harsh competitive e-learning from different companies, including Byju, Edukart, Unacademy, Toppr, Meritnation, and other leading service providers in India.
And Vedantu regularly launches the latest features of its framework and the website interface to take advantage of other players to combat this brutal rivalry. Vedantu is now working actively to launch many potential company expansion strategies. It plans to extend its programs and to meet them in separate rural areas in the immediate future.
We read the full analysis of the online tutoring firm called Vedantu in this post. And we discussed the target demographic, campaign management, marketing tactics, rivals that present their experiences and prospects. The sole aim of the organization is to create an educational world that is readily available to all. Individually flexible in terms of experience better than community classes and options that the online platform offers, for example, the instructor preference, time schedule and, most notably, study standard.
Must have tools for startups - Recommended by StartupTalky
Subscribe to Startup Talky
Get the latest posts delivered to you right in your inbox