This might sound like a dream come true to you, but yes Play Station is hiring gamers to play games, who are fluent in specific languages and live near Liverpool. The applicants must be fluent in either Portuguese, Russian, or Arabic. Besides, to be a great gamer you should also be fluent in these particular languages. Play station is looking for a Localisation Tester, who will test the audio and text in the game are correct.
The description of the job is as follows
- Test software to ensure all localized assets are correct from linguistic, consistency and display points of view.
Localized assets review:
- Proof-read and correct translations before they are implemented into the games, ensuring that quality, accuracy and consistency is maintained.
- Occasionally provide translations for games, the packaging text for console and peripherals.
- Assist other teams with general testing duties when required
- Assist with project and process related tasks
Skills, knowledge and experience:
- Fluency in English and one or more languages
- Passionate games player
- Good knowledge of computer games across multiple platforms
- Working knowledge of MS Office package
- Basic understanding of the development cycle and constraint
“As a Localisation Tester, you will be making sure the audio and text in a video game are correct. You will need to have native level knowledge for the required language (grammar, spelling, and punctuation) and good attention to detail to find and provide corrections for errors. Occasionally, you will translate text for a video game or marketing” the job description reads. The hours of work are likely to be 37.5 per week, working from 9 AM to 5:30 PM, Monday to Friday.
What is Game Localization?
If you’re in the US, are your points of reference the same as a gamer in China?
Clearly no, Video game localisation includes everything necessary to prepare your app or game for sale in a new region. Most frequently, game developers translated games into German, European French, Japanese, Russian, Korean, European Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Italian, Simplified Chinese, and Polish.
Game localisation includes
- Changing idioms to reflect cultural understanding
- Replacing slang with regional equivalents
- Changing dates and other formats to locally used ones
- Localising cultural or historical references which would otherwise make no sense
This is a dream of every gamer to play games all day long and get paid for it. If you are fluent in Portuguese and live near Liverpool you might try your luck. As of now, the salary has not been specified, the gaming giant is expected to receive a lot of applications from gamers around the world.
Game testing and localization isn’t a new job in the world of gaming. Since games are played worldwide and people may prefer to play the game in their native language, localization is key to the appeal of a game in some markets. We haven't seen too many games localized for Indian languages.