In the virtual hub of technology, new trends and employment opportunities are developing every day. The old traditional methods of employment are being replaced by new modern methods. Virtual Assistant is the new form of job profile, which allows companies to hire a competent assistant in the virtual form. For some, it’s a new bizarre way and for some, it’s the new way of hiring. So now let’s find out the benefit of hiring a virtual assistant for companies and what is the right criteria to appoint a VA or how to hire a virtual assistant.
Services That Virtual Assistant Provides to A Company
A company can hire a virtual assistant to enhance its performance no matter with whatever size or location they are operating in. However, the problem lies here is the unawareness of the producibility and ability to work which can be performed by a virtual assistant. Although, due to this reason many of the enterprise owners don’t know how to utilize the skill set of a Virtual Assistant to the fullest. Moreover, if you are planning to hire a virtual assistant for your growing business needs, then you can demand the following services from them :
- Social Media Management
- Online Marketing
- Online Advertisement Management
- Content Marketing
- Live Chat
- Email Management and Sorting
- Calendar Planning
- Data Collection and Analysis
- Website Development and Analysis
- Lead Generation
- Marketing Automation.
These are a few services that a virtual assistant can assist you with and there are various other services which can be utilized by business owners. Most of the tasks handled by a virtual assistant are admin-related, non-critical, and very often are not customer-facing. The company must be clear with their requirement and type of services they want from a virtual assistant before hiring for the job. The next step here comes is to find a virtual assistant with adequate qualities who can perform and finish the task within the stipulated time. The rules and methods to hire a virtual assistant online are very different from appointing the person to an office. So if you’re planning to hire a virtual assistant, then keep the following points in mind:
Use Online Agencies to Hire A Virtual Assistant
To hire a competent person with requisite skill a company should register with the professional websites that provide online services to appoint an assistant. They save your time and money from the hassle of dealing with incompetent employees and only provides you with efficient employees, who know their job well.
If you want to hire fresher and innovative employees, then you can use the online medium to advertise a job and where you can interview numerous candidates to select the perfect person. The sites such as Truelancer, Upwork, PeoplePerHour provide the services to advertise online.
These were a few easy methods to hire a virtual assistant. However, an enterprise has numerous benefits from hiring a virtual assistant and especially the new startups utilize the benefit of hiring virtual assistant rather than appointing full-time employees.
Virtual Assistant Skills Required
- Word Processing skills.
- Oral Communication and Writing skills.
- Computer skills.
- Self Motivation and Discipline.
- Quick Thinking and Effective Decision Making.
- Lastly, Love for Continuous Learning.
Best Tools For Working With A Virtual Assistant
|Time Tracking||Toggl, Time Doctor, AndCo|
|Social Media||Buffer, Meet Edgar, DrumUp, Post Planner, Content Studio|
|Work Monitoring||TimeProof, Screenshot Monitor|
|Screen Recording||Loom, Kap|
|Task Organisation||Trello, Asana|
|Collaborative Documents||Google Drive|
|Shared Folders||Dropbox, Google Apps, Huddle, pCloud, 15Five|
|Team Inbox||Front, Loop|
|Social Scheduling||Buffer, Doodle, Float|
|Meetings||Calendly, Join.me, UberConference, Brosix|
Benefits of A Virtual Assistant
- The biggest benefit of hiring a person outside the company is to create secrecy. There are few secrets of large companies which they want to hide from their employees and in such situation, it is very good to hire a virtual assistant to handle a task.
- Furthermore, a company can get diversification in the task and they can utilize the services of remote employees. Every person has a different approach to handle the same situation and this will provides them to gain different aspects of the same situation.
- As we all know that startups have a limited budget and it’s very difficult for them to hire full-time office employees, so hiring a virtual assistant is a great idea to save cost and increase the return on investment. This is a win-win model for both the sides, as a virtual assistant get exposure to working with new startups.
- Moreover, it helps an enterprise to stay ahead of their competitors, as your competitors will never know the source of your employees and it will make you better than the competitors.
The Virtual Assistant is new terminology and yet numerous facts are not clear about it. The benefits of hiring a virtual assistant are developing every day and the future is even bright and has lots of opportunities. Although, the Indian companies need to explore more of this system, as many western companies got success from it. Go ahead and hire a virtual assistant to get the best return on investment for your business.
What is the virtual assistant?
A virtual assistant is a self-employed worker who specializes in offering administrative services to clients from a remote location, usually a home office. Typical tasks a virtual assistant might perform include scheduling appointments, making phone calls, making travel arrangements, and managing email accounts.
What Skills do you need to become a virtual assistant?
Virtual Assistant skills: Word Processing skills, Oral Communication and Writing skills, Computer skills, Self Motivation and Discipline, etc.
How virtual assistant works or What does a virtual assistant do?
virtual assistants provide support to their employer or clients in the form of answering emails, transcribing documents, preparing statements and letters, organizing files, coordinating schedules and calendars, making travel arrangements, etc.
How to hire a virtual assistant?
- Step 1: Document the tasks you want to outsource.
- Step 2: Create a job description.
- Step 3: Post your job description online.
- Step 4: Review applications & schedule interviews.
- Step 5: Give your top candidates a test.
- Step 6: Give the best candidate a trial period.
How to become a virtual assistant?
- Choose your business structure.
- Decide which services you'll offer your clients.
- Decide on your pricing structure.
- Launch your website and create your online presence.
- Start pitching and networking.
- Build relationships.
What are the best virtual assistant companies?
Virtual assistant companies in India:
- Hubstaff Talent.
- Brickwork India.
- Acelerar Technologies.
- Ossisto, etc.