Companies have a set tech stack that includes various kinds of software for employees. These include much software opted for by departments across the organization. The IT and finance departments have to manage all this software to ensure their functioning.
However, often similar apps are used by different departments, leading to similar apps and added costs. Also, at times there is software that is no longer in use, but the company continues to pay the subscription. In a nutshell, companies spend way more than they should on software without a proper management system in place.
To help companies with this software, there are dedicated software that helps with SaaS management. They give an overview of all the software employed and their usage to ensure effortless management.
What is a SaaS Management Tool?
SaaS management tools are dedicated SaaS products that help companies to manage their software. Big companies sign up for many SaaS tools to facilitate day-to-day operations. Deploying a separate tool to manage these ensures easier SaaS management. The IT and finance departments can get an overview of the software in use and can remove any redundant tools. What else can a SaaS management tool do?
Benefits of SaaS Management Tools
Amongst a bunch of SaaS tools, why opt for another tool? Wouldn't that just add to the cost and list of SaaS tools?
Well, SaaS management tools are different from regular SaaS tools, dedicated to assisting in business operations. This one tool can keep you on top of all the software.
- Reduce Risk- SaaS management tools reduce the risk of software duplication. Moreover, the company and access details are safe and restricted. This reduces the threat to the company's details and employees' data.
- High ROI- With no software duplication and deep insights into software usage, the company can boost its ROI. They invest solely in the software that brings value to the firm and unsubscribe from redundant software. This helps in cost-cutting and maximizing ROI.
- Enhanced Management- SaaS management tool’s main aim is to assist in managing those SaaS tech stacks which add up the burden on the IT and finance departments. The departments can easily track the usage and their associated costs.
- Cost Optimization- SaaS management tools help in cost-cutting by removing software that is not in use. Moreover, with usage insights, the departments can figure out a better alternative or a package to subscribe to these SaaS tools.
- Application Discovery- Another aspect of cost saving means finding a better alternative to the tool itself. What if the company finds a cheaper and more efficient alternative? SaaS management tools have a dedicated directory of SaaS tools that enable companies to find new applications and shift to a better option.
- User Management- SaaS management tool provide an overview of all the SaaS tools in the firm. It includes employee usage insights. This assists in user management of these tools and makes access data accessible.
- Usage Insights- One of the biggest issues with SaaS tools is many of them are redundant while some are complex. With the SaaS management tool, the IT and finance departments get an overview of usage to find any possible loopholes and enhance SaaS application usability.
- Vendor Management- While many companies source SaaS tools directly from the source, some save money by purchasing them from third-party companies. In such cases, vendor management is crucial to cost minimization and ROI maximization. SaaS management tools give clear information about the vendors to ease management.
So, it is much more than just removing the apps or software that are redundant. SaaS management tools can be a real saviour for big companies, that deploy many SaaS tools. Here is a list of the top 10 SaaS management tools with reviews and pricing to assist you in decision-making about picking one for your business.
Top SaaS Management Tool
SaaS management tools are easy-to-use and make SaaS management a breeze. All you need to do is add relevant details regarding all the deployed SaaS into the software and generate insightful data. Here are some of the best SaaS management platforms to help you manage several SaaS software, all at once easily:
Zluri is one of the top-rated SaaS management tools that help in intelligent application discovery, cost optimization, and real-time insights with easy SaaS renewal. It allows IT and finance teams to manage and control the SaaS software stack easily.
It provides three custom plans for businesses at various stages- growth, scale, and enterprise. The features become advanced to get comprehensive SaaS optimization and automation options.
Cledara is a SaaS management tool to facilitate buying, managing, discovering, and cancelling out SaaS software effortlessly. It saves the company’s resources with 100% visibility into SaaS tools. The company can access real-time SaaS budget analytics with usage insights and renewal reminders. Automated invoices make payments easier and quicker.
Cledara offers three models starting at $125 per month and going up to $600 per month. Moreover, it provides extra add-ons for handling compliance. Additionally, it offers an uncapped 2% cash back on software purchases.
BetterCloud is a leading SaaS manager tool that empowers the IT and finance departments for enhanced SaaS management. It provides a platform for a centralized dashboard to manage SaaS software. Options for automation, reporting, security, and advanced customization are also part of the tool.
It offers three models with a free plan aiming at monitoring and insights. In addition, there are pro and enterprise plans for added usability.
Augmentt is a secure SaaS management tool for real-time SaaS management. Its main aim is to create a secure SaaS environment and provide multiple backup options. It is an easily affordable option for companies facing an issue with SaaS security and management.
Augmentt doesn't offer any pricing model and creates custom packages for each of its customers. You need to fill out a form and their team will get back to you.
Snow provides the companies' discovery, optimization, and governance of the SaaS environment. Be it insights into SaaS usage or effective renewals, it covers it all. It aims at cost optimization by avoiding SaaS sprawling effortlessly. It enhances saas management to remove the threat of IT shadowing.
Snow doesn't have a defined pricing plan but offers a free trial. You need to contact their team to get custom plans to suit business needs.
Productiv aims at cost optimization of the SaaS tools with a data-driven dashboard giving real-time insights. Companies use this tool for automating SaaS workflows. It provides a fulfilling experience to enhance the adoption and engagement of employees while simultaneously reducing costs.
Productive offers a free demo and custom plans for businesses to meet the specific needs of each business. You need to contact the team with a simple form on the website. The team reaches back with a customized plan to meet your business demands.
Zylo is an all-in-one SaaS management and optimization platform. It aims at cost-cutting by offering dedicated SaaS negotiation services. It provides visibility into SaaS usage and highlights overlapping applications to reduce cost. It facilitates employee satisfaction along with compliance and renewal control.
Zylo offers custom offers based on your needs. It provides various add-ons such as benchmarks and managed services. It does give a free demo, to begin with.
Torii is one of the top SaaS management tools aiming to reduce costs and provide a secure SaaS environment. It looks after the threats related to shadow IT and SaaS sprawling. It eases the onboarding, renewal, and vendor management process. Overall, it is a comprehensive tool for SaaS management.
Torii offers custom plans to meet business needs. You need to contact their team to get a tailor-made plan.
Vendr aims at SaaS procurement and helps to find the right SaaS tools. It helps with SaaS management in a way to buy, renew, and manage the SaaS for the teams. Security risks are covered with the tool, which manages the entire tech stack on its own.
It has three plans based on the annual SaaS spending of a firm. For firms with SaaS spending of $400k-$1 million, the cost of the app comes down to $36,000. For firms with SaaS spending between $1 million and $5 million, the price is $78,000. This can go up to $120,000 for companies with annual SaaS spending of over $5 million.
SaaS management can seem a hassle without using the right tool. You need to understand the features of each tool and the business needs. Picking a random SaaS management tool will become part of the SaaS tech stack instead of being the enabler.
So, look for tools that offer a soothing user interface with integration to a wide variety of applications. Poor integration capabilities mean that you won’t be able to add all the software to the application which will defeat the purpose in itself. Moreover, look for a tool that offers features to match your needs. Pay close attention to the usability of the tool to pick the right one for your firm!
What is SaaS?
SaaS stands for Software. It enables users to use and connect through cloud-based programs over the internet.
What is SaaS management?
SaaS management refers to the whole management of Saas, it includes, purchasing, licensing, renewals, etc.
What are SaaS management tools?
SaaS management tools are dedicated SaaS products that help companies to manage their software.
What are some of the SaaS management tools?
Zluri, Cledara, Zylo, Onetool, etc.