LinkedIn is known as one of the most prominent social networking site for the professionals around the world. These facts and statistics based on LinkedIn will guide you to successfully use the site for your benefits. The users of this platform can create online resume, list out their current and previous job roles, and most importantly their skills and education. This site connects the LinkedIn members to the jobs available based on their criteria. The LinkedIn website also allows its users to be endorsed by other users for their individual skills.
The members can also further join professional groups that are relevant to their interests. LinkedIn also allows business to create their companies profiles and put out their current vacancies. Giving the members an opportunity to apply for these positions directly through its interface. It also provides a platform for publishing with the thought of facilitating leadership in the business world.
|Headquaters||Mountain View, CA|
|Founded On||May 5th, 2003|
The Demographics of LinkedIn
Demographics are further divided based on sex, age and geographical location
- 37% of the users are from the age group of 30 to 49 years old, 28% of them are 18 to 29 years old and 24% of them are 50 to 64 years old while 11% of them are above 65 years old and above.
- While marketers can only reach 12% of people aged 18 years or older with the help of adverts on LinkedIn.
- 37% of the American adults and 51% of US college graduate are on LinkedIn.
- Out of the 2 billion millennial globally, 87 million millennial are on LinkedIn with 11 million in decision making positions.
- 57% of the overall users are males and 43% of the overall users are female.
- 29%of LinkedIn users are males and 24% of the users are females in an average session.
- 43% the LinkedIn ads audience is female while 57% of their LinkedIn audience is male.
- LinkedIn is spread out to more than 200 countries while representing 30 companies from all over the world by 2019.
- 33% of the users come from urban areas while 30% are from suburban and 10% from the rural areas.
- The countries with the greatest reach are: USA (167,000,000), India (64,000,000), China (50,000,000), Brazil (41,000,000) and UK (28,000,000).
- More than 70% of LinkedIn users are from outside the USA.
LinkedIn has an overall of 675 million users from all over the world, while 310 million of them are monthly active users. 38.6% of the LinkedIn traffic comes from the countries like US with 38.6% and India with 16.8%.
- Out of those 4% of them engage on a daily basis. While most user only spend 17 minutes on LinkedIn per month.
- According to the study done by Pew Research Center 2018 Social Media Use study, LinkedIn is popular among youth as 50% of the college graduates in the USA are LinkedIn users.
- 44% of the LinkedIn users in the US take home more than $75,000 per year which about their national medium.
- Although the US has most LinkedIn users at 167 million, 70% of the LinkedIn users come from outside the US.
- Linked in has 2 new members every second, but their goal is to reach 3 billion users and also to be the hub for every job posting across the estimated 70 million companies worldwide.
- LinkedIn profiles that have photos get 21 times more views and 36 times more messages.
- LinkedIn users spend an average of 10 to 20 minutes on the site regularly; visiting 8 to 9 pages.
- 122 million users have been invited to an interview through LinkedIn, with 35.5% million getting a job through someone with whom they are connected.
Financial Facts of LinkedIn
In 2016, Microsoft acquired the company for $26.2 Billion after recognizing the value of LinkedIn. Since its acquisition, LinkedIn’s Financial have been consolidated with Microsoft’s. However, unlike other social media platform that rely on advertisements for revenue. LinkedIn services are something that users are willing to pay.
- The annual revenue amounted to almost 6.8 billion U.S dollars.
- In 2018, it contributed $5.3 billion in revenue. In 2019, revenue increased by 27%.
- Linked generates more than $454.000 per employee.
Most of LinkedIn Revenue is generated from three of its main major services
Before the acquisition of the company in 2016, 65% of third quarter revenue, totaling $960 million which came from recruitment services called Talent solutions. This service helped companies in hiring employees and learning and development (L&D) to the existing employees of the company.
This solution provides a platform for the companies to advertise to LinkedIn users. In 2016, it accounted for 18% of the total revenue or $109 million from the combination of advertising to the online marketers and the sale of sponsored updates posted to a target audiences within the members of the LinkedIn feed.
A total of LinkedIn users pay for LinkedIn Premium which now has four price tiers:
- Premium Career – meant for those looking for job opportunities in any field. It includes in mail messages per month and in demand videos, as well as the ability to see who viewed your profile. The monthly subscription fee is $29.99/month and INR 1400 per month.
- Premium Business – This service gives you additional information about business and unlimited people searches. The business owners, MSME and Startups prefer this as it’s pretty much a pocket friendly option for them. The monthly subscription fee is $59.99/month and INR 1900 per month.
- Sales Navigator pro – This allows the user advanced search filters, access to different sales tools and the ability to make notes on the user profiles. It is mostly chosen by the companies who lookout for some good quality leads through LinkedIn products. The subscription fee is $79.99/month and INR 3900 per month.
- Recruiter Lite – This service suggests them the top recruiters especially associated with the MNC’s go for this plan. The main purpose for them is to get a good amount of job application for the opportunities they have. The subscription fee is $119.95/month and INR 5000 per month.
LinkedIn Content Marketing Facts
LinkedIn is the No. 1 B2B marketer because it distributes content at 94%. It makes up more than 50% of all social traffic to B2B websites and blogs. Only 3 million users share content on weekly basis, while 1 million users publish an article on LinkedIn.
- 97% of B2B marketers utilizes it for their content marketing efforts.
- The professional content posted gets 15x more content impressions than job postings with 57% consuming content on mobile.
- 280 billion feed updates are viewers annually.
- 92% of the B2B marketers includes LinkedIn in their digital marketing mix.
- If the posts are split into 5, 7 or 9 headings perform the best on the site.
- The articles titles between 40 to 49 characters perform the best on LinkedIn.
- The articles perform better without video than compared to the ones that contain a video in them.
- 45% of marketers have gained customers by using this platform, 65% of the B2B companies have LinkedIn paid ads services to acquire customers
- 80% of the B2B leads come from LinkedIn then compared to 13% from Twitter and 7% from Facebook.
- In LinkedIn the content that gets the most shared are the long form of content.
- It is an effective platform for lead generator and customer acquisition. It is even 277% more effective than Facebook in generating leads.
- Last but not the least LinkedIn is the most top rated paid social media platform with 76% of B2B content marketers using it.
Must have tools for startups - Recommended by StartupTalky
Subscribe to StartupTalky
Get the latest insights delivered to you right in your inbox