Company Profile is an initiative by StartupTalky to publish verified information on different startups and organizations. The content in this post has been approved by the organization it is based on.
Looking forward to starting an online business with a wide customer base? Paid for your dream domain name and don't know what to do next? Choosing the right web hosting provider is the biggest decision to make while starting an online business!
BigRock is the world's leading web hosting and domain registration company. It provides solutions to professionals, small businesses and individuals. It is great for hobby sites. The company provides its customers with a complete suite of products which helps the small businesses to grow their online presence. Read the BigRock success story below.
BigRock - Company Highlights
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Parent Organization||Endurance International Group|
BigRock - About
BigRock products include - web hosting services, website creation products, domain registration, digital certificates and business-class email services with anti-virus features. The website is very easy to use and features are affordable. It's like anyone can get one. The company provides world-class service to its customers.
BigRock - Founder and Team
Bhavin Turakhia is an Indian tech entrepreneur and billionaire. He was born in 1979, 21st December in Mumbai in a Jain middle class family. He is currently a man of 41 years. He completed his schooling from Arya Vidya Mandir, Bandra. He got admitted to D.G. Ruparel College to study science but later dropped out and then he completed his bachelor's degree in commerce from another college. In 2016, he was ranked as the 95th richest person in India. He was also awarded as The Serial Entrepreneur of the Year and Entrepreneur of the Year in Innovation and Technology by Entrepreneur, India in 2016. In 2005, he was awarded as The Bharti Entrepreneur of the Year by Bharti Foundation and The Entrepreneurship Development Institute in India. He in the age of 18, started his tech venture with Divyank Turakhia, (his brother). He is the founder and CEO of various companies like Zeta Suite, Flock, Radix, Ringo and BigRock.
BigRock - Logo
The rock in the logo depicts that the company itself is a strong brand just like the rocks are strong and hard.
BigRock - Business Model
The company provides the following services:
- Domains - Registration, Transfer and Addons. These all include Domain Name Registration, Premium Domains, Domain Name Prices, Domain Transfer, Bulk Domain Transfer, Privacy Protect, Domain Whois Lookup, Name Suggestion Tool and Free Services.
- Hosting - Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting and Specialized Hosting. These all include Linux, Windows, Linux Reseller, Windows Reseller, WordPress, CMS, VPS, Cloud and Ecommerce Hosting.
- Servers - Linux and Windows Dedicated Servers.
- Websites - DIY Website Builder and BigRock Instant.
- Email - Enterprise and Business Email.
- Productivity - G Suite and Office 365.
- Security - Digicerts & SSL, SiteLock and CodeGuard.
BigRock - Revenue Model
Currently, the company is providing a few hot deals to its customers.
- 51% off - Web Hosting
- Rs 1248 (2 years) - .COM
- Rs 898 (2 years) - .IN
The company provides assistance via emails, chats and calls (timing between 9 am to 8 pm) so that the small businesses can focus more on the growth of the revenue. The company earns a commission through sales. It is also having a BigRock affiliated Make Big Money Program. This allows free signup with ZERO Investment. BigRock earns around Rs 10,000 per sale from this program.
BigRock - Competitors
The top competitors of the company are GoDaddy, Domain.com, Kvion Inc and HostGator.
- GoDaddy is one of the biggest competitors of BigRock. The company was founded in 1997 and is headquartered at Scottsdale, AZ. GoDaddy operates in the Web Hosting space.
- Domain.com is also one of the top rivals of BigRock. It is a private company founded in 1998 and is headquartered at High Ridge, Missouri. The company competes in the Business Support Services Industry.
- Kvion Inc is one among the competitors of BigRock. It is headquartered at Bangalore, Karnataka, India and was founded in 2014. It operates in the Web Hosting sector.
- HostGator is the #3 competitor of BigRock. It is headquartered at Houston, Texas and was founded in 2002. It also works within the Web Hosting sector.
BigRock - FAQs
Is BigRock hosting good?
The company is among the class of hosts that offers basic needs for a low price. It is awesome for small businesses and hobby sites.
What is BigRock?
BigRock is a leading provider of solutions and products to individuals, small businesses and professionals to grow and establish their online presence.
Who owns BigRock?
Endurance International Group owns BigRock. The founder is Bhavin Turakhia.