Advertisement is the key point for introducing a product in the market. There can be different ways of advertising a product or service. The most common type is online Advertisement.
In this type, the advertising strategies are applied on a digital platform. The biggest advantage of using online advertising platforms is that one can easily advertise for a large number of targetted audiences. Other synonyms of online Advertisement are digital advertisement, internet Advertisement.
In simple terms, online Advertisement is the promotion of products or services by the means of the internet. There are many different platforms available for one to advertise on. The top 9 best advertising platforms for any startup are given below:
Google Ads Cost: Average $1 and $2 Cost per click
Google is a popular platform known and used by a majority of the population. Google search engine is one of the most commonly used search engines. Google Ads or previously known as Google AdWords is the advertising platform invented by Google for paid promotion. Google Ads works based on keyword auction under the model of Pay-per-click.
- It helps to promote the business, sell the product, create awareness, increase the traffic to the website all by a professional yet easy platform.
- It allows its advertisement to be in multiple forms such as images and videos.
- Google ads are compatible with both mobile as well as desktop.
- Google Ads provides multiple packages for their users to select from. Budget will not be the issue to use Google ads.
- Proper usage of Google Ads and its tools, professionals are needed. It requires additional learning for the perfect usage of Google Ads.
- Even though the process of creating an advertisement is quick, it does take much time for maintaining the advertisement and its rating.
Bing Ads Cost: Average $1.24 Cost per click
Bing Ads are the paid Advertisement services provided by Microsoft. It is also referred to as Microsoft Advertising. Bing Ads are another great source for promoting a service or a product.
Bing Ads works in a similar process as Google Ads. They work on the model of Pay-per-click with keywords ranking. The Bing Ads can be shown on multiple platforms such as Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo search engines.
- While using Bing Ads, one can have better control over the opposite partner's search keywords due to the limitations of compatible search engines.
- For some users, Bing can be a great alternative for replacing Google Ads due to their similarities. Or some can also work by using both platforms simultaneously for better results.
- One can give advertisements to the search engines like Yahoo and Bing only, so the overall reach is less. There are many possibilities of losing out potential customers due to the limited range.
Pinterest Ads Cost: Average $2.00 to $5.00 Cost per thousand impression
Pinterest is a specialized platform allowing its users to create their dedicated collections. Pinterest has several posts (pins) shared on it by a wide range of users. This makes Pinterest a good option to advertise on. Pinterest also allows its users with the service of paid advertisement.
Pinterest Ads work almost similar to the way pins work on Pinterest. To advertise using Pinterest, one needs to buy the pins or set a budget for ads to be displayed.
- Pinterest is given the name of a visual discovery tool. Hence promoting a business over there can easily reach out to targeted audiences without much barrier.
- User engagement is great as there is not much difference seen between pins and promoted content on Pinterest.
- Even though Pinterest has a large amount of user engagement, the engagement is limited to specific categories. Hence it is not good for every business.
Youtube Ads Cost: Average $0.10 to $0.30 Cost per view or action
YouTube is another top-level platform commonly used in day-to-day life. YouTube also offers the facility of displaying advertisements on its platform. YouTube Ads are another effective way of promoting a startup.
Advertisements on YouTube are generally in the form of standard videos. Advertisers need to pay when any user interacts with their video.
- YouTube ads are true to be counted as cost-effective.
- YouTube ads allow the advertiser to reach out to several audiences quickly with faster responses.
- There is no proper control over the ads placed on YouTube. Advertisers can not select the videos on which their advertisement will be visible. This also hinders the proper targeting of the required audience.
Linkedin Ads Cost: Average $5.58 Cost per click
LinkedIn is considered one of the largest professional networks in the world. LinkedIn can be used for many professional jobs such as finding a job, getting an internship, connecting with different Professionals, etc. LinkedIn also has a large social network formed by its users.
LinkedIn Ads are another cost-effective method of advertising to promote them through different mediums. LinkedIn ads also work similarly with the pattern of Google ads and Bing ads.
- LinkedIn is a specialized platform for professionals, hence ads generated on LinkedIn can directly be Targeted to professionals.
- Creating a LinkedIn ad is time-saving and easy to implement.
- LinkedIn has no proper customization service available for its users.
Facebook Ads Cost: Average $0.97 Cost per click, $7 Cost per thousand impressions
Social media is a great way of being connected to others through the internet. Nowadays, social media is not only confined to being a place for connection, it has evolved as a great source of advertisement. Facebook allows its users the facility of giving out paid advertisements. This advertisement can be in the form of promotional posts or banner ads. Facebook uses the algorithm of relevance score to share any ads.
- It provides good customization with better tools.
- The working process is quite easy to deal with.
- Social media marketing is only for a limited audience, they do not have a wide range of audiences like other available platforms.
- There are very high chances of showcasing the advertisement to the same audience, again and again, causing no benefit.
Twitter Ads Cost: Average $0.50-$2.00 Cost per action
Twitter is responsible for creating trending topics. Apart from being just a way of socializing, Twitter can also be used as a way of advertising a startup. Twitter ads are the paid service enabled by users who want to promote something. Twitter ads work on the model of auctioning keywords.
- Twitter asks for the pay only after completing your defined target.
- Twitter is all about tweets, mostly wordy messages. Hence keyword targeting is better oriented in Twitter.
- The analytics provided by Twitter for the ad campaign are not detailed reports.
- There are chances of skipping the advertised tweet by the users due to the number of feeds available.
Quora Ads: Average $0.25 to $1 Cost per click
Quora is a question and answer platform used for gaining and sharing knowledge. The limits of quora have long passed its basic format. At present times, Quora is considered more like a daily used platform. People look up new things, solutions, options from quora at their convenience. Another great thing about Quora is that it allows the users the facility of paid advertising.
Quora ads are needed to be created and implied by the user itself. However, the model on which they work is similar to Google's model of bidding for keywords.
- It directly offers behavioural targets to customers.
- Quora can easily create awareness between high intent customers.
- The competitors of Quora have much better features.
Instagram Ads Cost: Average $0.20 to $2 CPC, $6 Cost per thousand impression
Instagram is another great social media platform contributing to allowing its users to keep up with the trends. Just like Facebook and Twitter, Instagram also has different kinds of audiences. Instagram also allows for the place to advertise by its medium.
Instagram allows its users to bid for the advertisement and then shows the sponsored content of the winner. Instagram works almost similar to Facebook, but with little range.
- Using Instagram Ads is more like being ahead of others for the promotion of a brand or startup due to the availability of a targeted audience.
- There are several advanced features available for one to use.
- Instagram ads are more inclined towards mobile applications rather than desktop use. Only those comfortable with mobile operations can easily use Instagram ads.
Startups are gaining many highlights in current affairs. However, advertising for startups is still a tricky part to deal with. Online advertising is a great form of advertisement saving major hard work. There are several places available for one to advertise digitally, some of the most recommended platforms for advertising are shared above.
Which online platform is best for advertising?
Google, Twitter, Linkedin, Bing, Pinterest, Quora, and Facebook are some of the best platforms for advertising.
What is the biggest advertising platform?
Google is the biggest and most popular advertising platform.
Which is the best advertising agency in the world?
Ogilvy & Mather, MullenLowe, McCann Worldgroup, and Publicis Groupe are some of the best advertising agencies in the world.