The business itself generates complex and exciting concepts that would make us think so hard. We all have something going on in our heads that we can't quite put into words. For example, if you're giving a PowerPoint presentation, you're likely to have a lot of thoughts, but we can't convey everything in one breath, that’s why Mind maps were invented.
In simple words, mind maps communicate your convoluted ideas into an easy-to-understand diagram that includes bar charts, pi-charts, colourful & enticing images, infographics, and also adds structural forms, etc.
When it comes to a brainstorming session during proposing any projects, then use mind maps, as they organize your ideas into an understanding and clarify content for your potential clients.
Always utilize user-friendly software when creating mind maps so that you may draw or write anything on the map while presenting such as electronic notebooks. Furthermore, make mind maps on a broad canvas so you have room to write or add whatever.
Notably, real-time collaboration, file attachments, easy presentation, and interaction with other common tools should all be included in your mind maps for a pleasant mind mapping experience. Here we have list-out the top 10 mind mapping tools for a business.
Top 10 mind mapping tools for creating insightful mind maps.
MindGenius is a project management tool that helps users create mind maps for organizing ideas and arguments, as well as problem-solving from analyzed information.
In simple words, this software captures the information and communicates the required data in a piece of presentable manner with the help of visual effects, graphs, and other techniques.
Gael Ltd released Mindgenius mind mapping software in 2008 intending to focus solely on visual mapping tools, that would ease major projects while presenting to clients. MindGenius bestow impactable mind mapping for business, SMEs, educational purposes, which comes in two best versions- MindGenius 2.0 and MindGenius Online.
- Built-in template with image library.
- Gantt Charts.
- Integration with Microsoft windows.
- Kanban task review.
- Filter, label-out, and highlights keywords.
- Hash-out new ideas.
- Quickmaps and Timeline reviews.
- Suitable for any ilks of purposes like educational and Project presentation even for small & medium-sized projects.
- MindGenius does not have a mobile-friendly interface.
- Difficult to manage complex projects.
One of the best mind mapping tools is considered Miro, which is designed with much better features than any other tool. Miro is a large collaboration program that combines characteristics of diagramming software, mind mapping apps, and video conferencing tools.
- Available of the infinite canvas.
- Pre-built templates and widgets.
- Easy collaborations.
- Hubs for cross-functional work.
- Integration with more than 20 applications such as Google Drive, Google Suite, Sketch, etc.
- UX research and keeps a track of your insights.
- Miro has multiple features with free versions.
- More simplistic tools.
- Lacks in speed pages.
- The Exports process of the broads is complex.
Miro is categorized into four subscription models, whereby newbies can start from zero prices and enterprises should contact Miro for fixing the price.
ClickUp is another mind mapping software that analyzes your project and proposes in an easy-understanding way through adding more visual context, graphs, structures, roadmaps, etc.
- Visualize the structure of your ideas.
- Organize big projects into folders.
- Customized task timeline.
- Drag-and-drop functionality.
- Real-time collaborations.
- 1000+ integrations such as Slack, G Suite, Google Drive, etc.
- Advanced versions of mind maps.
- Conversion of nodes into tasks and many more visual features are available.
- Limited features are available for business and enterprise plans.
Smartdraw is a proprietary licensed company that creates flowcharts, organizational charts, mind maps, project charts, and other business visualizations, to make your project as simple and comprehensible.
Besides, Smartdraw is one of the finest mind mapping tools, that comes with advanced formatting features, whereby the user could add, delete or drag any point in the mind map at the time of presenting.
- Intelligent formatting.
- Professional results.
- Integration with other tools.
- Thousand of pre-templates.
- CAD-like drawing abilities.
- Visio import and export.
- Built-in extensions.
- Customized formatting.
- Limited features for the free version.
- Cannot flip workflow from horizontal to vertical.
MindManager is an easy to use kinda tool, you can include your ideas, comment on things as you wish, and place them where you want. It is mostly like a virtual whiteboard, where you can create things and place them as you prefer.
The positive feature of MindManager is you can progress your projects, set priorities, add resources, fix due dates, and the most wanted dashboard map. A dashboard map merges the data in one place and it can be assessed by everyone who is involved in that project.
- Information Views.
- Project Planning.
- Visual Framework.
- Business and Project Tools.
- Mobile Mind Mapping.
- Microsoft Office and Productivity apps compatibility.
- Integration and Sharing Tools.
- Information Management and Task Management.
- Budgeting and Forecasting.
- non-obvious solutions.
- Good for brainstorming.
- Can add pictures and icons to maps.
- Creating charts is tough.
- Many adverts are shown.
- Maps are not editable from a browser.
This software contains powerful integrations, optimizes your team’s brainstorming, and has web-based collaboration. It contains countless customization options so you can make your program from scratch. It's an easy-to-use tool.
- Fascinating Themes.
- Outline Mode.
- contains many Styling Options.
- Individual Topic Styling.
- Integrations & Embeds.
- Contains lots of templates.
- Easy to adopt and use.
- Simple controls.
- Integrations are lacking.
- depth text editor features should be improved.
Coggle is also one of the tools that allow you to create your things and lets you visually showcase them to your companions. It is the best web-based mind mapping software and makes sure that you don't miss any of your user input, as it always makes a sample of it.
- Multiple Starting Points.
- Secret Diagram Link.
- Image Uploads.
- Private Diagrams.
- Real-Time Collaboration.
- Floating Text & Images.
- Automatic Change Save.
- Structured Notes.
- Information Sharing.
- Real-Time Collaboration.
- Changes & Reversions.
- Interactive Mind Maps.
Slightly difficult to present and collaborate. And has a limited number of colours.
In Lucidchart, you can easily create flowcharts, online mind maps, process maps, org charts, ER diagrams, and other graphical articulations. This tool is best for business use as it's a diagramming and concepts creator tool. It's also the best tool for beginners as it's more affordable, understandable and it's similar to SmartDraw.
- Easy style shapes.
- Include links and layers for easy-to-read diagrams.
- Create clean diagrams.
- Add necessary context.
- keyboard shortcuts.
- Export options.
- Easy sharing with the edit.
- A large list of export diagrams.
- Predefined industry standard.
- Missing some common shapes
- The interface feels a little dated
- Has limited object in free version
Venngage Mind Maker map
Venngage Mind Maker Map will enable you to picture your procedures intriguingly with their diagram templates. They have an interesting way of communicating complex information, which is one of the best qualities that make them stand out from other diagramming tools. They provide you with 24-hour backing and a broad range of templates. Venngage is also remembered as an infographic maker and design software.
- Custom templates.
- Unlimited support.
- Privacy controls.
- Team sharing and collaboration.
- Add multiple pages.
- Premium charts, templates, and icons.
- 100 image uploads.
- Unlimited infographics.
- Export PDF, PNG, & Hi-Res PNG.
- Export interactive PDF.
- Customizable Design Templates.
- Support for Sharing Finished Projects.
- Branding Features.
- No Downloads to Powerpoint.
- Same templates.
MindMup is adequate software for marketers, as it assists them in estimating their programs' expense, growth and also structure their stories. In MindMup, it allows you to post your maps in social media outlets, calculate the cost, develop measurements in map nodes, create storyboards, and it's mostly similar to Google Drive, so you can build your diagrams.
- Social Media Sharing.
- Project Planning & Management.
- Real-Time Collaboration.
- Organization Administration.
- Notes & Attachments.
- Can work with others by sharing and can change things with the available features. You can create a great program using elements and it's simple to use.
- Tough to manage longer notes, the connection is not that good, and difficult to drag nodes to a different location to make them stick.
Mind mapping is the most effective way of capturing your thoughts into a diagram and expressing it to others. So to do this, you need the best software that can meet your needs. There is much software available in today's market that can do your work but not every software will be the one for you. So here we have mentioned some top Mind mapping tools, choose the best out of best.
Which tool is best for mind mapping?
MindGenius, ClickUp, Coggle, SmartDraw, and Mind Manager are some of the best mind mapping tools.
What is the best free mind mapping tool?
Coggle, GitMind, Canva, InfoRapid KnowledgeBase Builder, and Scapple are some of the best free mind mapping tools.
How do you make effective mind maps?
Use Uncomplicated Phrases, Use colour for different branches and links, Use lower case letters, and use pictures and symbols.